What's new

ADV Patreon Active [DerelictHelmsman] Breeders of the Nephelym

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Breeders of the Nephelym

Lets cut the bullshit shall we, people had been saying Breeding Season was a scam since before it launched a Patreon, when it started off as a flash game on the Legend of Krystal forums and the dude vanished for over a year after taking donations for features he never implemented, people HAD been saying this shit about the original breeding season, and they had been right. Now, you're free to believe "this time will be different" like a battered housewife or a classic con victim, but don't try to pass off bullshit for truth.
and you missed completely the point of what i said and going directly of what the old developer did, good job. "lets forgget 100% the old breeding season and take this as the original and first one, you still have something telling you its a scam ?"

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

*Prays for yuri monster girl sex with cow girl*

Oh H god let this prayer be heard.

Also like the previous post said, breeding season was never finished. So it can't be like it. Also based on how the game looks, least you can roam around.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

and you missed completely the point of what i said and going directly of what the old developer did, good job.
The "point" of what you said was never in question, it was the content that was complete bollocks and was dismissed as such.

As for your "point"; Breeding Season failed because the developer was a known con-man with no technical skill (he was asking people basic shit about coding on the LoK forums way back when) The guy assembled a team but had no management skills and just dicked around with the project. But, even despite all that, you could reasonably assume that the things that were promised where unrealistic at best. People were sold on the premise, not on the competence of the developer, and the project was a disaster.

Similarly, here once more we see people get sold on the premise, the developer has no real chance of success here given the scope of the task ahead and the fact that he has no team, no real experience, and as far as I can tell has no prior long-term projects or long-term plan beside goals and ambition.

Simply put; When someone sets unrealistic goals it is reasonable to expect them to fail, regardless of how much we'd actually like it if they succeed.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Right now we are just bashing a developer just becouse its making a 3d version of breeding season and asking 2$ patreon for it.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Right now we are just bashing a developer just becouse its making a 3d version of breeding season and asking 2$ patreon for it.
I'm doing no such thing, and I'd thank you to actually talk to me rather than having debates with some delusion or strawman.

I've said exactly what I meant; This project has terrible odds of success, bet on it to succeed if you really want to, but do so knowing and understanding that this project is very unlikely to succeed and spare yourself disappointment down the road. You're all adults here, you can make your own decisions, just at least do so informed of the risks.

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Reasonable assessment is simply looking at the amount of work required and the amount of people, resources and experience involved.

The math doesn't look good, at all, not even remotely, one person doing this by himself will take years to get anything done, or the quality of the work will be shoddy at best, this isn't some doomsday scenario, this is an assessment based on the factors involved, the chance of this succeeding is nihil unless he gets more people on board, and good luck getting that done.

As much as I wish the only requirement to succeed was ambition, dedication and wishful thinking, it just does not work that way. I get that people want to support the dude's earnest endeavors, that's fine, but do so knowing that it's either going to take forever or fail miserably. You'd be better off pooling your money and commissioning an artist or animator to make you something nice than buy into promises of grandeur, you'd think years of Molyneux would have people realize as much.

Lets cut the bullshit shall we, people had been saying Breeding Season was a scam since before it launched a Patreon, when it started off as a flash game on the Legend of Krystal forums and the dude vanished for over a year after taking donations for features he never implemented, people HAD been saying this shit about the original breeding season, and they had been right. Now, you're free to believe "this time will be different" like a battered housewife or a classic con victim, but don't try to pass off bullshit for truth.
That is half true half not.

The BS about how much work it takes was to add anything new to the game, was spread by scammers that wanted shitload of money for nothing in the past.

Truth is - if he knows his stuff about animating and modeling he can make good animation or a model in a single day.

In 3d world most time-consuming process - the drawing is gone. So most work is realy in setting up a tools that will make your work on the game easy.

Unless you expect breathtaking RPG story and 100 hours of cutscenes etc then it iis all doable.

Still it would help to have 2nd programmer for bug-fixing, and aditional animator / sound edditor.

Last edited:

colasCageNi

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

This game needs a sprint/teleportation option now. It's a shore to move so slowly in this world. Anyway, even if it's not my type of game I'm interested how this game is going to be updated. It looks good and is well optimized but it looks like too much work for just 1 person.

I'm perfectly okay with a 3D Breeding Season. I just don't understand the open-world aspect. It just eats time walking around the ranch, going to town, performing various tasks. Why not just skip all of that and go straight to the areas in question? The original game DID have a good design. Just because its 3D doesn't mean it has to conform to tropes.

If capturing the Nephelym was more of a physical effort instead of walking up to a zone, I could see it working.
This. Well basicly I just agree with the last sentence. As someone who likes open-world and exploration stuff it still can be a shore if it's done like this. I just hope that "walking from zone to zone" is just a placeholder.

Last edited:

RadeonX1950

Sex Demon
Reputation score

This game needs a sprint/teleportation option now.
Agree.
Also, there is a way to "teleport" back to your house - just save and load in any place of the map.

Last edited:

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

.... yeaaah screenshot says it all

Attachments

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Jokes aside though, there's an entire thread discussing the game and its features and you're IN IT. I don't think there would be a group of people (on a site that discusses hentai 24/7) that would casually plant malicous content disguised as a H-game.

Last edited:

Locutus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Why even bother using an antivirus if you aren't even going to read what it tells you, mate? The reason Norton removed the file is because it doesn't have enough user-scraped data from other Norton users about it - it's never seen it before. That just means that almost nobody with Norton has used the file, not that the file is malicious.

Here's a quote straight from Symantec
WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.

The reputation-based system uses "the wisdom of crowds" (Symantec’s tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional signatures and behavior-based detection techniques.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

waaaait so it not saying its a virus it saying not enough people downloaded it to deem it safe Oo

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

I'm playing it right now, also here's the for the public build. Credit goes to the dev, he made the link. So far the game looks gorgeous, the controls are the only issue I have. I don't even know how to talk to people.

WASD keys are there,
K is journal
I is items
Secondary mouse button is save and options menu.
C is clothes on/off for your character.

Edit* E is to interact, pressed it randomly and it works.

Last edited:

Seneca

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This game is great so far. Was disappointed to see that the animations weren't in yet to breed a titan with my female trainer/breeder, but that's probably better for her sake. Currency is running short, I'm not sure when the three vendors in place so far will restock their funds, but either they need to get some more cash, or a mechanic for turning your nephelym loose needs to be added before my Vulwarg pen is full to bursting.
Fun and great graphics, but in its current state it gets old in one playthrough. Still lots unfinished, looking forward to this one being completed.

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

There are things about this just seems... off.

But I don't want to get flamed again for talking bad about another Patreon game, so I'm out.

Eyesday

Demon Girl
Reputation score

He's really looking forward with this because he already put a 30.000 dollars goal. That's interesting. I'm downloading the game now and later I'll bring my opinion. XD

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

He's really looking forward with this because he already put a 30.000 dollars goal. XD
The goal for 30k also states

"From this point on, it gets really serious as I consider purchasing assets and contracting freelance help. This is a personal achievement project, I want to build it myself. I don't intend to hire and manage full-time employees because the drama that comes with it seems to be what destroys these sorts of projects."

Seems like DerelictWulf knows about what happened to breeding season. If this goal IS reached, hopefully we won't see a repeat of the past...

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well it's true. It's pretty rare to see competent teams of amateur devs/artists be able to come together to finish projects. One person has "family/health issues" and suddenly the game is dead. More people there are, the more chance the game will be halted from stuff like that. A lot of people think adding new workers will automatically make things easier but it actually complicates things and will probably slow things down for a while until they get used to working together. Then there are issues like having to wait on others to complete your own work. If you aren't familiar with their workload, it can be easy to think the other person is slacking (And they might be). Multiple people putting in the same amount of effort would be rare.

Social skills are highly undervalued in stuff like this as well. A project leader needs to be able to communicate with and understand everybody on their team and solve issues between them. That's a pretty rare skill to have. Hoping everybody just gets along all peachy throughout the whole project is silly. This is probably the thing I see projects lack the most. Everybody thinks you put a bunch of skilled people together and can just make things work without considering personality conflicts or random issues.

Freelance seems more reliable than trying to team up. Only issue I see with that is that the work might become inconsistent. That seems like a bit less of an issue with 3d stuff though since it won't be as obvious as completely different art styles (Hopefully).

Last edited: