What's new

ADV Patreon Active [DerelictHelmsman] Breeders of the Nephelym

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
Re: Breeders of the Nephelym

No your correct, teams of random developers will have a hard time working together. Least this way, his stuff will be his and not end up like breeding season. That being said, I wonder how is he gonna do animation order? Humans x monsters first, monster x monster or implement a voting system.

Bear After Dark

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Interesting project,

Played the demo and I echo some of the concerns voiced here already. Game looks very nice for a solo dev project, but the travel time and separation of POIs is a bit frustrating to get into.

Could be an interesting project to keep an eye on. I hope the developer pays attention to community feedback and doesn't bloat the scope outside their capabilities.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score

No your correct, teams of random developers will have a hard time working together. Least this way, his stuff will be his and not end up like breeding season. That being said, I wonder how is he gonna do animation order? Humans x monsters first, monster x monster or implement a voting system.
We don't like to talk about breeding season... :( One good project down the drain...

Nightverge

#1 Hero
Reputation score

There's one important question that I didn't see brought up as I skimmed through this thread.

Will it be uncensored?

Zanara

Lurker
Reputation score

Interesting project,

Played the demo and I echo some of the concerns voiced here already. Game looks very nice for a solo dev project, but the travel time and separation of POIs is a bit frustrating to get into.

Could be an interesting project to keep an eye on. I hope the developer pays attention to community feedback and doesn't bloat the scope outside their capabilities.
Considering 3 pages of this topic are "Oh, it's 3D breeding season, it's gonna be crap and never finished and a scam" I feel the dev would be highly depressed.

I do like how so many people call these things "scams" when its a voluntary donation to a producer. The "patreon only" content of more successful ones tend to be leaked elsewhere before long anyways.

That aside, this does have some promise to it! I'm curious if futa/herm content is planned to be implemented? (Probably optional if so, so people don't throw a fit)

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Considering 3 pages of this topic are "Oh, it's 3D breeding season, it's gonna be crap and never finished and a scam" I feel the dev would be highly depressed.
Just the furry community and the games it produces in general. It's natural this skepticism is going to be applied to this project, especially with its resemblance to breeding season (not that it's justified). Dasmir and thswherizat explain it way better than me:

I mean the fact that all the people on the original BS Patreon happily jumped ship to the new one still amazes me. That patreon is making 12k a month and it's the same junk.

I feel like it's something about the furry community. They're so happy to throw money at comissions and projects...
Furry community its extremely focused in sex and wierd stuff (mainly reason i run away from it) so its really easy to exploit them with a yadda yadda erogame, really Yiffalicious has been out for more than 2 years ? no even a blowjob animation has been implemented.

Or in the worst case all the furrys praising toon pimp works....

I do like how so many people call these things "scams" when its a voluntary donation to a producer. The "patreon only" content of more successful ones tend to be leaked elsewhere before long anyways.
Yep. Sums it up pretty nicely. But still, consider donating if the content creator is genuine and earnest (and doesn't have all their reasonable patreon goals complete).

That aside, this does have some promise to it! I'm curious if futa/herm content is planned to be implemented? (Probably optional if so, so people don't throw a fit)
Futa content. That'd be neat.

Last edited:

Bear After Dark

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There's one important question that I didn't see brought up as I skimmed through this thread.

Will it be uncensored?
As far as I can tell yes, since the demo is uncensored.

I think the comparison to BS is understandable since the game play loops are very similar, with the added feature of being able to walk between locations physically. But that doesn't mean it will share the same fate as long as the dev is committed to the project and doesn't overextend themselves.

I think the idea its a scam isn't really fair, there is a playable demo, the dev seems active, and its not like they came out and said they were working on something without providing any kind of game plan or content. If people wanna support them they have all the right to do so IMO. Only time will tell whether it'll be successful.

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

I wonder if there's a way to charge me on the beginning of may, my bank has a limit on e-transactions.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Thats because the encounters are only in a tiny radius around a floating stone, if you run circles around that you'll have more encounters

The world is pretty big, but there is nothing out there except sightseeing right now.

Caen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

so, umm... how much scenes i can expect to see in the last build?
don't wanna regret after download it.

x421

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

maybe this sounds dumb, but i am only on the train if they add traits that are dominant or regressive like they had in BS...guess that could explode in massive new models like they did with feral and neoteeny, but simple things like a futa trait could be reasonable...

156_163_146_167

Demon Girl
Reputation score

New public demo

I think the changelog in that post is not compared to the last public demo, but to the last demo period. Could be wrong, but I don't remember a Kraken in the last public demo, which is clearly mentioned here.

Camera/control/crash issues after banging the Kraken.

RadeonX1950

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I don't remember a Kraken in the last public demo, which is clearly mentioned here.
Kraken with sex scene was available in the previous demo if you played as a male.

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score

Probably already been said, but after playing the demo I've concluded that it's a very pretty game that has high quality standards but is unfortunately boring as fuck to play. I don't think anyone really wants to spend 30 minutes running around doing nothing and then clicking button fast enough to capture nephelym in order to get to the interesting part of the game...

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Getting that feel on a lot of these 3d games popping up. They seem to mostly be animation viewers. Have any even tried for fun gameplay yet? People think adding 3d will automatically make a game more interesting or something but if anything it just leaves you with an empty world if you don't fill it out much more than in 2d.

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Damn, male breeder / female foxen is fucking fine.

Kraken didn't really impress though. Was expecting a little more from an elite.

Gameplay is still way too slow to start up, even if you know what you're doing (hunting down the teleport stones, where each monster is found, etc) it still takes forever of walking around to get anything done early on. Remembering back to when I first tried it I still shudder at how frustrating it is when you didn't know the mechanics, game does a terrible job of communicating them.

Overall it feels like the game has a lot of potential but needs A LOT of polish to really shine. And a little more uh... getting to the action. Or at least a spring button.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I think for these demos it should really have you start with all the required buildings so you can just walk around and chase captures/animations. It's really annoying trudging up to the city every time.