What's new

Desktops

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: Desktops

Back on my laptop after my charger problems, so it's time for a new desktop. Fits nicely within my icon layout.

The Scarlet Devil household.

devild

Lurker
Reputation score

im quite surprised to see that not many people here are using 2 monitors.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Simple case of can't afford. It'd be pretty cool to have two monitors, especially for playing Supreme Commander which has built in design features to use a second monitor, but just not something I have. What happens when you screen shot linked monitors anyway?

devild

Lurker
Reputation score

well it just so happens that i have two monitors, both at different resolutions, ill post it in a second here.

Last edited:

Sammy

Lurker
Reputation score

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

ooo wow, you've got age of chivalry. i know one of the guys who's building that. what do you think of it. in 12 words or less.

Slyfox

Lurker
Reputation score

im quite surprised to see that not many people here are using 2 monitors.
This is my dream. Mostly for my graphic design side. With my massage therapist side, I don't think I'd ever need 2 monitors. Ah well.

New Desktop:

Ps, I like yours, Aika. Very nice.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I thought it was a very slick image too. Though I don't think it would spoil it to have a few relevant icons there. Seems a waste of the huge space to leave it purely for a background. I wouldn't want a cluttered desktop with forgotten short cuts and unused icons, but I think as long as they are frequently used and ordered in some way they're fine. Having to open start every time would seem irritating to me. Especially when you want more than one thing at a time and would have to repeat when the list disappears upon clicking. Each their own though.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Like I said. That's why I keep my desktop relatively clean, and use a secondary desktop. It helps keep clutter to a minimum

Sammy

Lurker
Reputation score

ooo wow, you've got age of chivalry. i know one of the guys who's building that. what do you think of it. in 12 words or less.
It's fun, but frustrating too. Haven't played much lately.
Dwarf Fortress now :D

I lol'd at "tick6". How come you had that up?

And Curly for the win :3

Remind me why robots wear panties....
I took this screenshot a couple of weeks ago, while I was doing tick 6.
Robots wear panties so that we can find those panties.
Plus Quote and Curly are the special robots, made so well that they're nearly human. Basically.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

You know, I had no idea who Curly Brace was when I saw that pic. So I looked it up.

New desktop, and a new icon at the top. Yet another of those little masterpieces out there. Thanks for indirectly leading me to it. I think I must be roughly half way through the game now. Just past the "omg she gave me the bubble!?" moment. o_o

Lurker
Reputation score

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

What's the second one? First deluded thing that came to my mind was a mystical anti tank dog. I presume that disc on it's back isn't actually a mine?

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

No, it's called a Reflector. Frisbee-like weapon based off of a mirror.

It's from the game Okami. The wolf is Okami Amaterasu. The game draws heavily from Japanese folktales and Shinto mythology.

It also lets you piss on foes (Technique: Golden Fury) and strike at them with exploding poo. (Technique: Brown Rage)

Lurker
Reputation score

It also lets you piss on foes (Technique: Golden Fury) and strike at them with exploding poo. (Technique: Brown Rage)
That must be later in the game, I haven't seen it yet. I r teh nub...

Although there may actually be a technique called Golden Fury...

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You can get Golden Fury at the Dojo just outside Kamiki, but it cost 100000.

I haven't got to the Dojo where you can learn Brown Rage at, yet...Need to get past the capital city, and I'm right at the part where you go after Orochi for the first time. (Second time, depending on point of view, but...)

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah. I'm far, far behind. I just beat the spider queen, then classes started up again, and now doggod floats in the void of abandoned projects, to one day be rediscovered.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Let's not forget the pervy bug, either. He is the game's comic relief after all.