What's new

Desktops

Serpentar

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Desktops

Too all of you, I present . A helpful (with free and paid versions) way to arrange all of your icons in an outta the way fashion. It scrolls out when you mouse over which ever side of the screen you put it on.

Example

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

kicks your ass.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I've always had a slight interest in object dock and similar things, but in the end it always seemed like yet another program to run at start up, and be constantly leaching tiny bits of performance away. Yes it's small, but these things build up.

Anyway, I'm fairly happy with my desktop/icon layout. I like to use it like a real desktop. Useful tools conveniently within reach, but plenty of space for throwing around temporary files, as well as downloads, which I then clean away to the relevant folders before I shut it down. It's been like a "new PC resolution" of sorts and helped keep my files relativity ordered for once. And of course still plenty of space for a picture.

My dad was amused to see me using an image like this. It's just very slightly different to my norm. I told him the boobs are really just a side feature, it's all about mysterious power and portals still...

Last edited:
OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Really? I'd disown my son if I saw him using that wallpaper for his desktop background.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Really? I'd disown my son if I saw him using that wallpaper for his desktop background.
This isn't really an insult because Obe will never have a son because no woman ever wants to sleep with Obe ever for any reason.

Zideeane

Scallywag Homobeard
Reputation score

They've seen you trollin', and they are hatin'.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Who's doin the hatin'? I just laughed. Though if your gonna troll Obe, at least post your Papa-Obe approved desktop while your at it so we can all see how a real wallpaper should look.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, as a general rule of thumb, if you're gonna have tits on your desktop, make 'em human tits. Good ones too. No cone tits or something.

Next, if the wallpaper is of a video game, make sure it's a good one. I don't want my fucking kid to have Halo 3 backgrounds or some shit.

Finally, if the background is just a solid color, it's gotta be black or blue. Anything else burns my eyes. And the shade of blue needs to be dark.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That's a pretty kick-ass picture

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

your just saying that because you have red hair and a star tattoed on your back...

wait, sin, are you a half shark half robot?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

your just saying that because you have red hair and a star tattoed on your back...

wait, sin, are you a half shark half robot?
Last time I checked I wasn't, but with all these crazy government experiments I should probly check more often.

But no I don't have red hair or a star on my back.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

More of a tribute to how I organize (or deorganize) things then my background.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Hmm. I think I used to have that same background image.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Go ur quan masters.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

And defcon too. OAMP has fine taste in games.