What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Devil's Office] SHRIFT 2 (RJ318368)

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
View attachment 43786

I ran into this bug further down into the dungeon. Anyone else encounter this or know how to fix? Completely freezes the game, I also don't even have Chrome installed on my pc
Do you have an accessory equipped in your forth or fifth slot? Dev said if you do then battles will crash.

Madflavor

Reputation score
I recommend Textractor for anyone looking for a decent machine translation.

Reputation score
How far does this demo go? I've went through two dungeon floors, got to a crystal that can teleport you back to the start, then went back to the Church. The Nun has some form of quest but I can't read Japanese lol.

Troy168

Reputation score
How far does this demo go? I've went through two dungeon floors, got to a crystal that can teleport you back to the start, then went back to the Church. The Nun has some form of quest but I can't read Japanese lol.
The farthest that you can go is when you unlock the hotel for your Yokai friends.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
View attachment 43786

I ran into this bug further down into the dungeon. Anyone else encounter this or know how to fix? Completely freezes the game, I also don't even have Chrome installed on my pc
RPG Maker MV and onwards run on Node, which is a chromium engine.

Basically the game is a web game that runs in a small compact version of chrome's browser.

Kernog

Reputation score
I finally played the demo, and I really like it. It is a better version of the first Shrift in most points. This will most certainly be a buy for me, since I loved the first one.
With that being said, I really hope that there will be an english version at some point, because there seems to be a lot more story stuff going on than in the previous game, and I would feel guilty going in a genocide route by mistake. And unlike Shrift I's prologue, which was quite basic (wake up in demon-infested hospital, try to escape), this one throws you into a much livelier world.

If the developer checks this topic occasionaly, like he did for the first game, I would like to state: if an english version is available on release, it will be an instant buy on day 1. If not, I definitely buy it at some point, but it will have to wait until an english patches comes out.

Fossil

Lurker
Reputation score
Spent some time with the demo. As others have said, there's a noticeable increase in quality this time around, and an impressive selection of new features that I'm looking forward to tinkering around with more in the full release. Main complaint at the moment is that the temptation battles feel incredibly easy to win first time around (and a bit less central to the experience than in the prequel), though it's the beginning of the game so lower difficulty is to be expected.

Also I'd like to point out that Kage-Onna is justifiably smoking everyone else in the popularity stakes right now:

7330964.png

If the developer checks this topic occasionaly, like he did for the first game, I would like to state: if an english version is available on release, it will be an instant buy on day 1. If not, I definitely buy it at some point, but it will have to wait until an english patches comes out.
This kinda came up on their twitter already:

Kernog

Reputation score
Spent some time with the demo. As others have said, there's a noticeable increase in quality this time around, and an impressive selection of new features that I'm looking forward to tinkering around with more in the full release. Main complaint at the moment is that the temptation battles feel incredibly easy to win first time around (and a bit less central to the experience than in the prequel), though it's the beginning of the game so lower difficulty is to be expected.

Also I'd like to point out that Kage-Onna is justifiably smoking everyone else in the popularity stakes right now:

View attachment 43790

Thanks for the info. Also, I think that the easiness comes indeed from the fact that it is the first enemies, and also that there seems to be an emphasis on taking the right action at the right time (like during the battle against Caith Sith). Once you get used to the battle system, the battles of Shrift I against Barghest and Lampas were quite straightforward too. So I'm not that worried about that.

Also, if one seeks more difficulty, this time it seems that being defeated by the monster girls apply a plain "level drain" on the player character, so you can simply submit to the temptation and make it harder on yourself ;-)

Melferas20

Reputation score
i'm trying to boot up the demo but i get a error, iam using a locale emulator, anybody knows what this is or more importantly, how to fix it?

nvm it works now, but i have to admit trying to play an RPG without understanding what is acutally happening is slightly difficult
Good sir, may I ask how you solved the problem?

Troy168

Reputation score
Thanks for the info. Also, I think that the easiness comes indeed from the fact that it is the first enemies, and also that there seems to be an emphasis on taking the right action at the right time (like during the battle against Caith Sith). Once you get used to the battle system, the battles of Shrift I against Barghest and Lampas were quite straightforward too. So I'm not that worried about that.

Also, if one seeks more difficulty, this time it seems that being defeated by the monster girls apply a plain "level drain" on the player character, so you can simply submit to the temptation and make it harder on yourself ;-)

There's also the fact that if you do submit to temptation, there's an option where she can drain all of your levels and leave you at LVL 1. And I ended up finding out the hard way.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
No this game's just balls easy. Yes. Even on the hardest difficulty.

Go to the gym. Get the metabolism workout and you regen faith and willpower every turn. It's not even a challenge at that point.
If you get the 2,000 yen ticket and get a pass for 3 training sessions and you do all 3 back to back, then Richard becomes unbeatable. It increases Max faith. Your faith(HP) in the game also decides how strong your basic attack is, so you can do a ludicrous amount of damage to everything. You don't even need to aim for weaknesses. Your basic attack will do more, and cost 0 energy, while having no ammo cost.

Your soul level, which you can give your demons until they drop to 1 isn't a consideration.

One dungeon dive with the 1.2 exp multiplier and gym training means you can get back to soul level 20 quite easily. Honestly... gaining levels over 32 isn't really all that worth it. If you let a demon squeeze you with the level card equipped and they drop you to level 2 you can get an insane amount of upgrade points, and get back up to 32 in two night dungeon dives.

==

There is a secret reverse cowgirl scene that Yami does in this demo tho. To unlock it in battle, you need to get a propensity for hugging and vaginal up to crazy.
Basically it's the fetish system. It's better to not reduce your fetish for anything when working out. It's not like these fetishes will affect the battles any way since the game's so easy.

Troy168

Reputation score
No this game's just balls easy. Yes. Even on the hardest difficulty.

Go to the gym. Get the metabolism workout and you regen faith and willpower every turn. It's not even a challenge at that point.
If you get the 2,000 yen ticket and get a pass for 3 training sessions and you do all 3 back to back, then Richard becomes unbeatable. It increases Max faith. Your faith(HP) in the game also decides how strong your basic attack is, so you can do a ludicrous amount of damage to everything. You don't even need to aim for weaknesses. Your basic attack will do more, and cost 0 energy, while having no ammo cost.

Your soul level, which you can give your demons until they drop to 1 isn't a consideration.

One dungeon dive with the 1.2 exp multiplier and gym training means you can get back to soul level 20 quite easily. Honestly... gaining levels over 32 isn't really all that worth it. If you let a demon squeeze you with the level card equipped and they drop you to level 2 you can get an insane amount of upgrade points, and get back up to 32 in two night dungeon dives.

==

There is a secret reverse cowgirl scene that Yami does in this demo tho. To unlock it in battle, you need to get a propensity for hugging and vaginal up to crazy.
Basically it's the fetish system. It's better to not reduce your fetish for anything when working out. It's not like these fetishes will affect the battles any way since the game's so easy.
You say that now, wait until the game comes out.

Ginek

Reputation score
Demo is pretty good, but i did miss having the amount of dialogue on the loss scenes compared to Shrift 1, but animations are even better, artwork too, found the dungeon crawling a bit odd for the game, but we will adapt, excited for the game, shame it is only coming in september and probably translated by the end of 20222, but i'm happy with the progress

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I finished the demo as well.
Gotta say, catgirl actually stomped me because of one single misimput decimating the entire run.
Turns out the "Accident" events happen on boss fights, which is different compared to the OG's method of keeping them mostly stuck to reocurring NPC's.
Since you're not really shown how the "Down" system works, or how to pre-buff prior to battle, that took me a while
to open up MTool hack
My only beef is the lack of animation controls when in the room with the girls. Transitions happen so quickly that you don't really get to enjoy the animation itself-- and the animations sometimes skip unholy amounts of frames due to what I can only imagine as RPGMaker reaching it's engine's peak performance. Really love a few scenes but the FPS drops hard on a few animations.
Having either the ability to enjoy each animation, or a neverending combat (unless you just tap out) would be a good addition. Felt like it was needed in the first game, but felt like the game was too good to complain about that one need.
Overall? The Male x Monster animation is easily avoided for people not into it, the characters seem fun, and there's a ton of work put into the characters.
10/10
I love this dev

Fossil

Lurker
Reputation score
My only beef is the lack of animation controls when in the room with the girls. Transitions happen so quickly that you don't really get to enjoy the animation itself-- and the animations sometimes skip unholy amounts of frames due to what I can only imagine as RPGMaker reaching it's engine's peak performance. Really love a few scenes but the FPS drops hard on a few animations.
Having either the ability to enjoy each animation, or a neverending combat (unless you just tap out) would be a good addition. Felt like it was needed in the first game, but felt like the game was too good to complain about that one need.
Yeah this was my other major complaint as well. In the first game pretty much every squeezing battle animation had a dialogue box you needed to press through to trigger the ejaculation etc, where as in this one most of them automatically progress themselves without any player control. A return to the style of the first game would be preferred, especially given how good many of the animations are.

It might be that the dev's concerned about players using the 'pause' to reset the game and avoid level drain penalties, but from memory and testing in the first game, I'm pretty sure the corruption penalty from losing was applied to your save files the moment the pre-climax dialogue box came up, so that system could just be reused here.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Any word on if this demo is being worked on for Translation?

Troy168

Reputation score
Any word on if this demo is being worked on for Translation?
As of now, no.

Regarding the demo as well, I came across a bug as no matter where I go during the nighttime, it would take me to the town as if I chose to go into that town.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score

View attachment 43790

I tried voting for this, but when I tried to translate the options it selected the first one for me. I don't even know what I voted for.