What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Devil's Office] SHRIFT 2 (RJ318368)

Fossil

Lurker
Reputation score
That's why I'm looking for a save that's right after the mermaid fight if anyone has it, since it's literally unbeatable for me as-is. This seems to be a rare glitch, but I have seen at least one other person have issues with it on another site. Worst part is that I actually managed to get past it thanks to sheer RNG once, only for it to crash during the followup cutscene....

There's an update out on dlsite. No idea if it'll solve your issue, but the dev specifically mentions that it fixes a bug(s) with Siren's dance part or something.

Madflavor

Reputation score
That did it, thanks a ton!
Glad it worked out for you. Release week is usually hell week for devs because a flood of bug reports from players come in, and they scramble to patch and get it fixed.

podiewinkle

Reputation score
HELP!! :(
does anyone know how to geet the addictive poison off ? i tried everything an nothing works perhaps a story thing i am missing ? ?

zenjirou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The oni merchant sells an item that looks kinda like a flashlight that will show the path through the dark rooms on your minimap. You can fumble through with trial and error but that should take the guesswork out of it. Though you still gotta fumble through the first couple dark rooms so you can meet her at the dungeon's halfway point. Also turning off the 3d dungeon effect might make it easier for you to navigate it.
Thanks pal, yeah that's something i missed there. I had no idea that she sold an item to help out. It definitely made things easier having that than me just walking the same loop expecting something to change

Madflavor

Reputation score
I think the main reason the game is easy, is because Devils don't have a lot of health. If you're soul level 35+, most Devils go down in a few hits. That means at best you might get assaulted by their mechanics once. Hell you may not even see all of their mechanics, because of how quickly you can put them down. And this isn't with buffs and magic. Your standard attack hits like a goddamn truck. I remember Shadow Girl, Cait Sith, and Lizard Girl all went down in 3 hits. School Girl went down in I think 4. In fact out of all 7 Devils in Part 1, Siren was the only long fight with interesting mechanics that forced you to heal up.

It got me thinking how much of a difference would it make as far as difficulty is concerned, if their HP got significant buffs. Because if they survive long enough, that's more time for them to apply their debuffs on you, get your Libido bar up, whittle your faith down, etc. If your standard attacks at a decent soul level are enough to put enemies down in just a few fits, there's no way they can pose a challenge.

My guess is the developer wanted to go in a different direction. Shrift 1 was a very difficulty post apocalyptic game, whereas Shrift 2 is like a playground. Allowing you to experiment and have fun with the Devils. I like it, but I understand the whiplash of going from the first game to this one.

Last edited:

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
To be fair, most of the enemies don't even have that many attack sets. You'd see Hanako unbutton her shirt like 20 times if her fight was too long. I appreciate the fact we have a single turn of prep work, this helps us avoid shitty starts with the enemy able to bind us infinitely or some RNG mechanic like the dodge skill. I don't miss the instant game over routines Shrift 1 has, and the MGQ crossover event already had some ridiculous numbers games going on that shows what happens when power levels are bullshit. At the very least chapter 1 being easy is pretty normal even for shrift 1, and I only ever remember having a challenge when I had to fight the genocide super bosses Iron maiden and Oni, all the other fights were just cheesey shit. You can always not Exp grind if you want things to take longer I suppose, though lacking certain skills could spell doom for you with enemy instant kill techniques like Hanako's charm touch.

Nowadon

Reputation score
Anyone know how to level up demons? one of the cemetery quest needed shadow girl to be level 10.

echelond

Reputation score
I think the main reason the game is easy, is because Devils don't have a lot of health. If you're soul level 35+, most Devils go down in a few hits. That means at best you might get assaulted by their mechanics once. Hell you may not even see all of their mechanics, because of how quickly you can put them down. And this isn't with buffs and magic. Your standard attack hits like a goddamn truck. I remember Shadow Girl, Cait Sith, and Lizard Girl all went down in 3 hits. School Girl went down in I think 4. In fact out of all 7 Devils in Part 1, Siren was the only long fight with interesting mechanics that forced you to heal up.

It got me thinking how much of a difference would it make as far as difficulty is concerned, if their HP got significant buffs. Because if they survive long enough, that's more time for them to apply their debuffs on you, get your Libido bar up, whittle your faith down, etc. If your standard attacks at a decent soul level are enough to put enemies down in just a few fits, there's no way they can pose a challenge.

My guess is the developer wanted to go in a different direction. Shrift 1 was a very difficulty post apocalyptic game, whereas Shrift 2 is like a playground. Allowing you to experiment and have fun with the Devils. I like it, but I understand the whiplash of going from the first game to this one.
Think about it. Yes, shrift 1 was hard more than this but which bosses we are talking about? The ones who comes with coffin ofc.
Did we fight with one of them in shrift 2? no. We just saw a cutscene at final I guess part 2 is gonna be challenging but still, one thing is true even for basic bosses its way more easy and my guess is monsters attack patterns arent complete thats why. for example that Hanako only opens her blouse to seduce you and nothing else.. i dont think thats completed yet.

Anyone know how to level up demons? one of the cemetery quest needed shadow girl to be level 10.
You have to have sex and lose level to them

Kernog

Reputation score
From what I can piece, having played with MTool, the easyness is by design:

* The priest Akiyama tells you that 30 is the soft cap level in terms of faith and prayer power, and that it is sufficient to tackle most of the content
* The level drain is more-or-less a slap on the wrist, compared to the first game: no instant game over without Indulgence, no heavy stat penalty, Accident events take a longer time to appear, etc.
* Talking to the priest and spending a day allows you to collect 30 000 XP and recover 5 to 10 levels
* There's no time limit (explicit time limit at least), so you can just farm XP with the priest, and ressources/sidequests in the dungeons
* Once you unlock the hotel, you can use the Death Indulgence to drain your levels with the monster girls and adjust your level

So it seems that the game is made to be easy by default, so that you can unlock the gallery and replay the battles there. However, considering how you can recover to level 30 pretty quickly, it also encourages you to let yourself be drained and set your own challenge.

With that being said, when fighting, the "purify" option is grayed out, and stated to unlock after completing the game once. So I suspect that the "New Game +" of the game will be harder in some way, and perhaps at a steer cost for the protagonist, OFF style ("Purification in progress...").

Troy168

Reputation score
Something tells me that there's more to this easiness than we're being let on. Going by the description of DLSite, we're expecting to not have a "happy end" for everyone. So do we either let the protagonist fall into pleasure and let him get consumed by one of the demons, or do we risk continuing the story and discovering the dark truth behind this game's story?

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
The idea is to maintain around level 30, as further grinding would take longer and be ultimately unnecessary. Much like Shrift 1, levels barely have a place and it's gear based stats and skill points that matter. Get yourself drained so you can level faster, grind at night with exp boast and use the church for quick leveling, rinse and repeat. It's very similar to those Dungeon crawlers that reset your level to 1 each time and is mostly a gear based game. Only you want to level your pets instead so they can also carry you, in this case being the waifus. The issue with those games is in itself, quite obvious. It's tedious as fuck, dulling of the mind, listen to ASMR and go to sleep from the same sound effects type of stuff. Siren was good innovation to the combat, though the ancient ways of level system still exist.

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Well, the game is fairly easy at the moment compared to the first, especially if you scoop up some of those 'mental effects fuck off for five whole turns' items before the tough fights. Also some of the support abilities are pretty strong when you upgrade your supports.

Probably helps (as a lore explanation) that the boss demons you fight aren't exactly battle-hardened human-killing machines, they're complete (and actual in one case) pussies compared to the bitches in number one. The ending of chap one indicates that the easy ride is going to stop pretty quickly once the global cabal send in the actual succubi spetsnaz.

unassumingtentacle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The game itself is pretty easy, but honestly I don't get why the dev decided to tie the time of day with the global save. I'd like to look around for a day without having to scum the whole save directory..

Madflavor

Reputation score
First off, congrats to the develop for hitting 3,000 sales! I'm glad it exceeded expectations so far.

Well, the game is fairly easy at the moment compared to the first, especially if you scoop up some of those 'mental effects fuck off for five whole turns' items before the tough fights. Also some of the support abilities are pretty strong when you upgrade your supports.

Probably helps (as a lore explanation) that the boss demons you fight aren't exactly battle-hardened human-killing machines, they're complete (and actual in one case) pussies compared to the bitches in number one. The ending of chap one indicates that the easy ride is going to stop pretty quickly once the global cabal send in the actual succubi spetsnaz.
While I like Chapter 1's approach to difficulty, I would also say Chapter 2 onward does need to ramp up the difficulty by a pretty good margin. Because as it stands as long as you're Soul Level 30+, there's no reason to bother grinding, building your skill tree, going for the best equipment, etc. I think that's one thing that does bug me. I'm overall fine with the game being easier than the first game, but not if it's to the point where you don't have to pay attention at all to your build. I played on Normal and pretty much ignored my SP tree until I was done with the main story.

Kernog

Reputation score
The game itself is pretty easy, but honestly I don't get why the dev decided to tie the time of day with the global save. I'd like to look around for a day without having to scum the whole save directory..
Same. It's confusing at first. I have a hunch that there may be a diegetic explanation for that. With that being said, the quests do not seem to have a deadline.

hentfreak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Not into this sequel honestly.

To much talking and a dungeon with generic enemies
The first game was on point with the pacing and setting.

Gonna wait for a full save

Last edited: