What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Anegorami

Reputation score
Sees word Genocide.
Appears.

All right, let's go.
First, since version 8, you have to finish the game on any route before being allowed to rip and tear. Also, the ability to kill is lost completely after clearing EX-4 (no free will for you).
- As was said before, you should grind the enemies until there is no random encounter remain.
- Annihilate the dogs and Lamp Asses. Depending on the first cleared route you'll get different dialogue (doing Genocide AFTER True Mercy is highly recommended).
- Murder Lucy and Empuse. Be careful, Lucy will seriously try to kill poor Kaz. On the other hand, if you did TM, Empuse will refuse to attack you, making her into an easy prey.
- Again, make Mother Rabbit random encounters disappear. After doing so, splat the cats, then return to the graveyard to finish the mother. If the event is not there - read every single paper scattered around.
- Confront Akane underground until she's gone, then proceed to the temple to finish her off.
- Obliterate Nina. Shamisen is mandatory, else random insta-kill awaits.
- Fry the fishes, poison the water, secure Sphinx's Wings. God, she's stupidly tough...
- Now, the real thing begins. Destroy the evil spider, become even more powerful.
- When Titanoboa appears, defend against her attacks until T̶̵̡҉͉̫͈͇̤̻̠̻͓h̜̼̟͓̻͓͉͙͙͙̳͍̦̘̯͖͟͡ͅẹ̴̝͇̹̤̭͜͠ ̵̢̻̫͔̠̹͍͉͙͖͢ͅͅƠ̶͏̳̩̱̝̣̫̝͕͉̦͙̺̭ͅͅl͏̴̦̻̞̖̦̘d͈̗͍͔̦̠̭̬͖̹̟̰̻̹̩͘͡ ̡̪̞͙̰͕͇̼̟̦́͞ͅǪ̨̧̟̯̮̳̯̝̜̯̙͉̪̦̭͔̤̪̜͎ń̛̪̝̟̱̳̱͚͖̪͕̝̮̼̰̮̬͘ͅe̢͙͇̖͔͚͚͕̮͎̕͝͝ ̧͍̬̼̺̤̣̫͚̖͈̼͔̼̝̟̞̗͜ą͏̖̮̜͇̬͔̠̻̬͍̝̦͖̗͚̯̜̗̀ͅw̧̫͈̗̘͓̗̦̥̰͖͈͘͢͞ą̷͘͡҉͎̤̭̙͇̗͓̺̭̝͇͎̘̠̜͇ķ̧҉͎̠͕̙͙͡ę̸̛̮̱̻̟̠̭͍̺̥̬̳́n̛͘҉̖̦̫͉̼̬̜̪͍̺͙͖̗̕ͅs̢̲͎̺̻̮̰̣̦̤̹̯͈̜̞̗̲͟ͅͅ .
- Pluck the birds, then kill Micah.
- Slay the fluff.
- Survive against the ogre.
Also, there is a way to reset the system - on the ending screen, restart the game 10 time or so (F12), then hold CTRL for about a minute. If the reset doesn't happen, F12 more.

TheeSonus

Reputation score
Sees word Genocide.
Appears.

All right, let's go.
First, since version 8, you have to finish the game on any route before being allowed to rip and tear. Also, the ability to kill is lost completely after clearing EX-4 (no free will for you).
- As was said before, you should grind the enemies until there is no random encounter remain.
- Annihilate the dogs and Lamp Asses. Depending on the first cleared route you'll get different dialogue (doing Genocide AFTER True Mercy is highly recommended).
- Murder Lucy and Empuse. Be careful, Lucy will seriously try to kill poor Kaz. On the other hand, if you did TM, Empuse will refuse to attack you, making her into an easy prey.
- Again, make Mother Rabbit random encounters disappear. After doing so, splat the cats, then return to the graveyard to finish the mother. If the event is not there - read every single paper scattered around.
- Confront Akane underground until she's gone, then proceed to the temple to finish her off.
- Obliterate Nina. Shamisen is mandatory, else random insta-kill awaits.
- Fry the fishes, poison the water, secure Sphinx's Wings. God, she's stupidly tough...
- Now, the real thing begins. Destroy the evil spider, become even more powerful.
- When Titanoboa appears, defend against her attacks until T̶̵̡҉͉̫͈͇̤̻̠̻͓h̜̼̟͓̻͓͉͙͙͙̳͍̦̘̯͖͟͡ͅẹ̴̝͇̹̤̭͜͠ ̵̢̻̫͔̠̹͍͉͙͖͢ͅͅƠ̶͏̳̩̱̝̣̫̝͕͉̦͙̺̭ͅͅl͏̴̦̻̞̖̦̘d͈̗͍͔̦̠̭̬͖̹̟̰̻̹̩͘͡ ̡̪̞͙̰͕͇̼̟̦́͞ͅǪ̨̧̟̯̮̳̯̝̜̯̙͉̪̦̭͔̤̪̜͎ń̛̪̝̟̱̳̱͚͖̪͕̝̮̼̰̮̬͘ͅe̢͙͇̖͔͚͚͕̮͎̕͝͝ ̧͍̬̼̺̤̣̫͚̖͈̼͔̼̝̟̞̗͜ą͏̖̮̜͇̬͔̠̻̬͍̝̦͖̗͚̯̜̗̀ͅw̧̫͈̗̘͓̗̦̥̰͖͈͘͢͞ą̷͘͡҉͎̤̭̙͇̗͓̺̭̝͇͎̘̠̜͇ķ̧҉͎̠͕̙͙͡ę̸̛̮̱̻̟̠̭͍̺̥̬̳́n̛͘҉̖̦̫͉̼̬̜̪͍̺͙͖̗̕ͅs̢̲͎̺̻̮̰̣̦̤̹̯͈̜̞̗̲͟ͅͅ .
- Pluck the birds, then kill Micah.
- Slay the fluff.
- Survive against the ogre.
Also, there is a way to reset the system - on the ending screen, restart the game 10 time or so (F12), then hold CTRL for about a minute. If the reset doesn't happen, F12 more.
So, hold on, do I not have to beat the final boss anymore, and it's just a battle of endurance like TM Daji? Because if it is that, then I get the feeling we should have gotten SOME kind of hint to not make the game unplayable. Seriously, considering she automatically sets the game to the highest difficulty and I can barely do anything against her.
Then again, if it IS a battle of endurance now, I suppose I should have found the parallels with this game and a certain other game that has a mercy and genocide route...

tzer

Reputation score
What i meant was when i said attempt true pacifist post genocide was... the pardon route.... which is literally 1 step from it... what changes...
and what happens if you atempt a genocide before clearing any other route?

Alright so... she miyakki "rips the majority of the old one out of you" "he" says why do you want another lukewarm ending where nobody is killed(most likely said only if you do true pacifist) then says if kazuya wills it "he" will come back and.. he is always watching.. "he" is a part of him. then miyakki tells him to go back to the void.. she says this world is beyond repair she carries him back and says move onto the next world it then cuts to waking up in a pod then says dont do it again
the song empty plays credits and if you havent gotten mail 004 you get it

redoing a run post genocide wanting to redeem myself... the genocide face shows up occaisionally "his" influence partially remains post pardon
but the more you dont kill and mercy "his" influence diminishes

Atonement run:
but the monsters seem confused im not hurting them.. they mention not wanting to keep their guard down and i cant recruit the doggo... i may have to prove myself first
doing a genocide post genocide... well they most likely are ready.
the route seems to get more normal the more merciful you are..
but miyakki saves you from hecate mentions im still okay if im not killing..
the kitties dont lock the door the rabbit looks a bit sad
and he goes genocide face when he realises that the scientist made the doll also fun fact if you constantly lose to nina's dancing tutorial she will eventually give up and say fight
the mermaid is p silent and dont help you at the start of 3-1 saying you came back and attacks you after you slip saying you might kill us again
it becomes a harder playthrough essentially
she stops you from shooting the guy in the spooder nest(idk if this is like in mercy when you attempt it i never tried it before) but he does say sorry for hitting her which opens a whole new context and she ...'s
after a certain point the anomolies should stop showing up as often
sometimes after doing enough milking the demons rep goes down to 20 and you have to use items to get it back up
twins gone from the monster book until you refight em
now right before daji after bonding with alot of demons now they show up the kitties still no lucy or bargheist

the cats were silent earlier in the run but past a certain pont they speak to me... im getting close and you can "recruit" them now.. though no iron maiden to help.. with the lady or bargheist with the lights.. yet... lucy helped me.. for some reason but she was not in my room nor appeared in there.. also the cats dont join you in my room

ex3 your forced to attack a fairy they mention a crteepy face but you dont show it in screen... but nothing really changes you dont kill her or anything

chapters mean diff things on geno and mercy i.e
intervention means saving hyakki in neutral and mercy or... the old one in geno

Last edited:

TheeSonus

Reputation score
What i meant was when i said attempt true pacifist post genocide was... the pardon route.... which is literally 1 step from it... what changes...
and what happens if you atempt a genocide before clearing any other route?
No idea on that first thing, as I haven't yet managed to do the Pardon route.
You're unable to do a genocide as your first route though, you're automatically forced to stop after getting the cure for Mother Rabbit

tzer

Reputation score
anyways anyone else agree pink bed daji's paizuri scene is hot
you get it by heading left when outside the safe room you start in after beating 4-2 the room in the left has a lone pink bed and you get to see another daji form

Last edited:

Anegorami

Reputation score
So, hold on, do I not have to beat the final boss anymore, and it's just a battle of endurance like TM Daji? Because if it is that, then I get the feeling we should have gotten SOME kind of hint to not make the game unplayable. Seriously, considering she automatically sets the game to the highest difficulty and I can barely do anything against her.
Then again, if it IS a battle of endurance now, I suppose I should have found the parallels with this game and a certain other game that has a mercy and genocide route...
I did quite a good share of digging around and, as far as my SHRIFT knowledge goes, she is designed to be impossible, as explained in EX-4. And, if you think that such design is stupid and ruins a good chunk of the game - welcome to the club. Side note: you can't even ask the developer because he left ULMF and enforced a zero-tolerance policy on Genocide route discussion on his official Discord server. Lame.
If you want to win that badly, feel free to use my script loader and Heartless Locket / Debug Menu scripts (light and heavy cheating respectively).

TheeSonus

Reputation score
I did quite a good share of digging around and, as far as my SHRIFT knowledge goes, she is designed to be impossible, as explained in EX-4. And, if you think that such design is stupid and ruins a good chunk of the game - welcome to the club. Side note: you can't even ask the developer because he left ULMF and enforced a zero-tolerance policy on Genocide route discussion on his official Discord server. Lame.
If you want to win that badly, feel free to use my script loader and Heartless Locket / Debug Menu scripts (light and heavy cheating respectively).
Thank you, although I'm not exactly sure where to find those mods for the game. Would you mind pointing me to them, whether through a post here or dms?

tzer

Reputation score
A Lampas tells you straight up (think it's right after the first lantern room) that killing is a very bad idea.
they remember... both pacifist and genocide... due to demons being sort of multiversal in shrift...

Anegorami

Reputation score
Thank you, although I'm not exactly sure where to find those mods for the game. Would you mind pointing me to them, whether through a post here or dms?
Everything you need is located under Mods subdirectory within the shared folder, if any file path is mentioned - it'll be relative to that folder.
- Unpack your game if you haven't already.
- Download and install .NET Core 5 Desktop Framework x86 (it's also required for the latest translation patch, so you may already have it).
- Download and install 7Zip (or any other archive / file manager that supports 7z archives).
- Download ScriptAddOn.exe, put it into the game folder and run. Feel free to delete it after, it'll be no longer required.
- Download the following:
Universal\Kanoco.7z
Universal\RPGM Core.7z
SHRIFT\SHRIFT Core.7z
SHRIFT\Heartless Locket.rb
(Optionally) Universal\Debug Menu.7z
(Optionally) SHRIFT\Debug Menu SHRIFT Fixes.rb

- Extract every 7z into Scripts folder (should appear after running ScriptAddOn.exe), put rb files there as well.
- Run the game, proceed to the final save point before Hyakki Oni and check Accessory Recipes.
- (Optionally, if Debug Menu was installed) Open the camp menu and select "Debug" to access Debug Menu.

Small and quick overview of other mods (mostly QoL... and meme):
SHRIFT\EX-4 Final Boss Fix - an obsolete fix for A*****n boss crash from EX-4, archived.
SHRIFT\Menu+ - changes the camp menu, making it more convinient. Also allows to check Compendium anywhere.
SHRIFT\Size Fixer - fixes the sliced parameters' strings, such as Willpower.
SHRIFT\Title Music - makes the EX-4 title music play on the main menu.

SHRIFT\Body Slot Unlock - does exactly that. When paired with Debug Menu, allows to change the difficulty setting mid-game and even equip White Witch's OP dress. CROSS-DRESSING KAZUYA WITH UNLIMITED ROCKET LAUNCHER LITERALLY OWNS THE GAME!!!!!!!11111

Sequel Awake\Debug Menu Sequel Awake Fixes - makes Debug Menu work with Sequel Awake (and, possibly, other Sequel games). Made by request from one particular fluff.

tzer

Reputation score
i read the txt... the one in japanese... translated it in deepl... what does this imply... im currently doing a g run im really deep ("he" has awoken) and now im scared...
it means psychological damage right??? not something else..

1629986717616.png

Last edited:

TheeSonus

Reputation score
i read the txt... the one in japanese... translated it in deepl... what does this imply... im currently doing a g run im really deep ("he" has awoken) and now im scared...
it means psychological damage right??? not something else..

View attachment 40781
Well I mean, I don't think that the game is gonna brick your computer or anything. That would probably be really shitty game design.
Although,
implying that this is all real and just happening in a different universe like Hyakki said once and we're just controlling Kazuya like a puppet... you're sure causing a LOT of damage to them...

tzer

Reputation score
im curious what happens if you take hyakki's hand?.. does the game just end there?

miyakki only seems theoretically possible... it would take a month of me playing to beat her... without modification hell break concentrate sylph storm reverse storm... have the ability that gets you up when defeated...(indominable fighting spirit) tea and edge dagger mystery cream scaly shield... only occaisionally will you get hits in... and you can heal back up.. mainly focus on defense when doing a charred salamander..

And thus my journey for the locket begins

Everything you need is located under Mods subdirectory within the shared folder, if any file path is mentioned - it'll be relative to that folder.
- Unpack your game if you haven't already.
- Download and install .NET Core 5 Desktop Framework x86 (it's also required for the latest translation patch, so you may already have it).
- Download and install 7Zip (or any other archive / file manager that supports 7z archives).
- Download ScriptAddOn.exe, put it into the game folder and run. Feel free to delete it after, it'll be no longer required.
- Download the following:
Universal\Kanoco.7z
Universal\RPGM Core.7z
SHRIFT\SHRIFT Core.7z
SHRIFT\Heartless Locket.rb
(Optionally) Universal\Debug Menu.7z
(Optionally) SHRIFT\Debug Menu SHRIFT Fixes.rb

- Extract every 7z into Scripts folder (should appear after running ScriptAddOn.exe), put rb files there as well.
- Run the game, proceed to the final save point before Hyakki Oni and check Accessory Recipes.
- (Optionally, if Debug Menu was installed) Open the camp menu and select "Debug" to access Debug Menu.

Small and quick overview of other mods (mostly QoL... and meme):
SHRIFT\EX-4 Final Boss Fix - an obsolete fix for A*****n boss crash from EX-4, archived.
SHRIFT\Menu+ - changes the camp menu, making it more convinient. Also allows to check Compendium anywhere.
SHRIFT\Size Fixer - fixes the sliced parameters' strings, such as Willpower.
SHRIFT\Title Music - makes the EX-4 title music play on the main menu.

SHRIFT\Body Slot Unlock - does exactly that. When paired with Debug Menu, allows to change the difficulty setting mid-game and even equip White Witch's OP dress. CROSS-DRESSING KAZUYA WITH UNLIMITED ROCKET LAUNCHER LITERALLY OWNS THE GAME!!!!!!!11111

Sequel Awake\Debug Menu Sequel Awake Fixes - makes Debug Menu work with Sequel Awake (and, possibly, other Sequel games). Made by request from one particular fluff.
which version of shrift do i need and which folder specifically the one with the game.exe?
if it doesnt work im using one of those online save editors just to bump my attack a bit

im curious what happens if you take hyakki's hand?.. does the game just end there?

Last edited:

Anegorami

Reputation score
which version of shrift do i need
Any.

which folder specifically the one with the game.exe?
SHRIFT's. The folder should contain Game.exe, Game.ini and Data folder, among the others.

Also, multiposting is a bad deed and you might get quite a bonk from moderators. Consider editing / updating your latest post instead.

tzer

Reputation score
Any.

SHRIFT's. The folder should contain Game.exe, Game.ini and Data folder, among the others.

Also, multiposting is a bad deed and you might get quite a bonk from moderators. Consider editing / updating your latest post instead.
Alright.

tired noir

Reputation score
Trying to get genocide hypocrite route
the guide i'm following didn't let me kill anyoneat chapter 2 and my save file is back to neutral
can someone tell me wtf is happening? is this guide right? why then kazuya is at neutral alignment???
can someone post a guide explaining the hypocrite route?

real nice piece of game here, the genocide route rocks man
i find it funny how much the creator hates it when it's also the most lore heavy route

TheeSonus

Reputation score
Trying to get genocide hypocrite route
the guide i'm following didn't let me kill anyoneat chapter 2 and my save file is back to neutral
can someone tell me wtf is happening? is this guide right? why then kazuya is at neutral alignment???
can someone post a guide explaining the hypocrite route?

real nice piece of game here, the genocide route rocks man
i find it funny how much the creator hates it when it's also the most lore heavy route
Well, is it your first playthrough of the game? If so, genocide is locked and you can't do it. No idea why the dev decided that but eh, whatever.
Do you think there's anything you missed? Even if it was just a single enemy, that can mess up your entire run.

Ataraxiea

Reputation score
Anybody has a link for the Discord? I'm a Genocide hater too though I'm more pissed off because there's no fucking Reina H Scene.

I just finished the game btw (first run true mercy) and I'm wondering if it's true that the engagement scenes are machine translated

Last edited: