What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
It does. "Pardon End" is technically a neutral ending and the game treats it as such - moving the player to Clear Room and giving him all the bonuses (like an ability to start NG+), unlike three Genocide ending variations (Genocide, Merciless and Hypocrite) which are moving the player straight to the glitchy main menu without giving any game clear rewards. Also, since Pardon is a neutral ending, Corrupted flag isn't set (so no secret dialogue or bloody main menu image for you), but you will still get Genocide dialogue variation (and all the penalties of negative affection).
Did I understand correctly that Merciless is 2 Gs in a row and Hypocrite is TM -> G?

Anegorami

Reputation score
Did I understand correctly that Merciless is 2 Gs in a row and Hypocrite is TM -> G?
No, not quite right.

Genocide: clear Genocide route before clearing True Mercy route.

Merciless: clear Genocide route after clearing True Mercy route. Not only the ending screen is different, but you'll also get a small bit of additional dialogue from Hyakki Oni (be sure to maximize her affection and talk with her about other worlds - she should swear to protect Kazuya from himself if needed).

Hypocrite: now, this one is a little tricky. You have to befriend a devil and then, while having 100 affection and the bond with it annihilate it, so both Friend: <type> and Murderer: <type> were set. While doing so, you'll get Karma. Getting 10 or more of it would allow you to get the ending. Also, expect a lot of cute dialogue and crying Lampas trying to stop you while you're ripping her green guts out of her body.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
TMR Save

Thank you!!!!! Man I'm getting really distracted by the ads really bad on this page. Can you explain what 001 and 002 are if they are after completing the game or?

Lazzarus

Lurker
Reputation score
Thank you!!!!! Man I'm getting really distracted by the ads really bad on this page. Can you explain what 001 and 002 are if they are after completing the game or?
Oh those are just 2 different save files. The first one should be the complete one where you are inside the "Clear Room"

Cologar

Reputation score
I am at the part where the Baghest pounces on me, but I cannot get beyond that point, because it always gives me an error message; Audio/BGS/some japanese characters. Does anyone else have this problem or have patched the game incorrectly?

Aesthetic

Reputation score
I am at the part where the Baghest pounces on me, but I cannot get beyond that point, because it always gives me an error message; Audio/BGS/some japanese characters. Does anyone else have this problem or have patched the game incorrectly?
Maybe you're not in Japanese Locale?

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
In order:
Yes, since Normal and Hard will make you want to break several things. Easy in comparison is EXTREMELY generous.

The shotgun for that fight ONLY does good damage when Empuse is in her red eye stance for one turn at a time. I thought it was implied that you shouldn't waste time or ammo shooting on other turns, so I apologize for not being specific enough. Sylph's Wind does not increase damage, it increases your evasion rate. At 90% physical evasion for 5 turns, you will only take damage from the Succubus if at all. Shoot with the shotgun when Empuse is in her red eye state and you have Sylph's Wind up. Reload, keep yourself healthy, or reapply Sylph's Wind on all other turns. You will win in 3 shots on Easy. The Succubus does have a skill that removes Sylph's Wind, so it's luck based whether or not she uses it on that specific turn. If she does, restart and try again, or go with the magic damage approach next time if you don't want to leave anything to chance.

For SP, you have two SP assignment menus. Stats are permanently assigned when you choose them, while you can reassign your SP from spells. Use the left arrow key on the spell you want to remove SP from. Stat improvements from SP are PERMANENT, so choose carefully. Or just focus on Vitality alone. For getting more SP, there are three ways in total:
1. Open the chests in the left room in Hell. Enemies have various poses in their fights, either from temptation or catching you with specific skills. View each at least once, even if you close the game after, or just explore each loss scene to find all of the poses. Enter the left room in Hell, read the red book, and start opening chests from the top right to the left. The percentage increases as you see more poses from enemies, and from doing the bonding event.

2. Raise affection to 99 and do the bonding event for every recruited enemy. Enter the right room in Hell after recruiting at least one enemy (Barghest is usually the first you recruit and unlocks this room.) Enter their room (occupied rooms have names instead of ??? over the door) and raise their affection. You raise their affection by having sex with them (5 points per orgasm) and giving them gifts (5 points from the magic stone, 30 points or so for special gifts like Monster Meat or Emeralds.) Presents can be given again after having sex with them once. You can only cum 5 times before you have to drink herbal tea or pass the time doing something else (battle monsters, progress the story, etc.) The bonding event is a conversation option after 99 affection is reached. Open the last chest on the left in the back of the room to get SP after watching the event. The first chest on the right is generally a box you can equip so that you can fight the enemy again when you go to sleep. The chest in the middle is generally an equipment unique to that enemy that helps you out.

3. Killing enemies and acquiring experience. Whenever you beat an enemy, choose to kill them instead of letting them go. Haven't done much of this since the fights get a bit brutal after a while.

People think it's a breeze on Easy, because it is compared to other difficulties. Try Normal or Hard, the difference in the Iron Maiden fights was huge. On Normal, it took me 50+ turns for both fights from having to juggle the status effects and lust. On Easy, less than 20 turns. Enemies do less damage, they have less health, they drop twice as much money, their status effects don't trigger EVERY turn, item pickups are doubled (items you pick up on the map, not from a fight), your willpower and vitality are higher... Easy makes a difference.

If you want an easier time of the game, focus on upgrading Vitality only when you improve your skills/status. After that, equip the ring that gives 5% vitality regen per turn. You will rarely run out of vitality from then on unless it's a fight mechanic, like with Sphinx (If you don't make choices quickly, you won't have enough vitality to use the only struggle option that works.) If lust is an issue, here are some options: Drink the herbal tea before the fight, it lowers all lust gain for a while (It's the glowing tea set in every safe room. Drinking requires 1 Herb, which is dropped from Lampas, bought from the Merchant, or found throughout the game.) Use Morphine to reduce lust each turn for 5 turns. Use the breathing skill to increase willpower and reduce lust.

Spell wise, try them out since you can reassign SP from those at will. Fire generally defeats Lampas in 2-3 hits, Wind generally beats Barghest in 3 hits and knocks her off of you, Sylph's Wind lets you dodge practically any physical skill, etc.

If you want more specific information on fights or game mechanics, just ask. The guide tecnologias14 linked has less details than I would like on some fights and mechanics, but there is a LOT that can be covered.

Some enemies do not take damage until you remove your clothes, or take so little damage that you'd rather quit the game than keep trying for 100 turns. Iron Maiden (in her first fight), Barghest, and Mother Rabbit switch to a temptation stance that is more troublesome than the default stance if you don't win quickly. Mother Rabbit will defeat you if you don't one shot her, for example. Magic is a slower action than firing a gun, so she auto wins if you try to use a spell at that point.

fuck........this

=O

fuck.....this is probably the funniest quote in the game.

I have "SAFE" purple label on my saves and blue "clear up" when I am completing a chapter and I believe this is indicative that I am on the path for the true mercy route. I finally got through chapter 1 it took me all morning basically. I messed up big time causing myself to get too much corruption in one of my public save datas. I'm not even sure what I'm ultimately going to end up doing because I have
Anegorami's true save along with my own save and then I am swapping out public saves to try and complete the game lol.

I'm wondering if the mind corruption flags effect the ending? I guess this is another question that would have to be directed at Anegorami

Last edited:

Shrifted

Reputation score
fuck........this

=O

fuck.....this is probably the funniest quote in the game.

I have "SAFE" purple label on my saves and blue "clear up" when I am completing a chapter and I believe this is indicative that I am on the path for the true mercy route. I finally got through chapter 1 it took me all morning basically. I messed up big time causing myself to get too much corruption in one of my public save datas. I'm not even sure what I'm ultimately going to end up doing because I have
Anegorami's true save along with my own save and then I am swapping out public saves to try and complete the game lol.

I'm wondering if the mind corruption flags effect the ending? I guess this is another question that would have to be directed at Anegorami
SAFE just means you're on Easy difficulty. Mind Corruption has no effect on any mercy requirements. As long as you have the blue text on the save file and you have not used assistance from Meira, you are on the True Mercy route. If it's white text instead, you have fallen off of it. Barring one specific example where it explicitly warns you beforehand, you can always use Chapter Select to fix any mistakes you may have made along the way.
Minor Spoiler (related): There's at least one time in the game where you will need to complete a chapter part with white text, then use Chapter Select to do something to get back onto the true mercy route and make it blue.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
SAFE just means you're on Easy difficulty. Mind Corruption has no effect on any mercy requirements. As long as you have the blue text on the save file and you have not used assistance from Meira, you are on the True Mercy route. If it's white text instead, you have fallen off of it. Barring one specific example where it explicitly warns you beforehand, you can always use Chapter Select to fix any mistakes you may have made along the way.
Minor Spoiler (related): There's at least one time in the game where you will need to complete a chapter part with white text, then use Chapter Select to do something to get back onto the true mercy route and make it blue.
Hi, thank you for this information.... it is unknown if different difficulties have different endings?

Some person may think this is worth knowing.... I moved my save and public save files to a newer patch of the game released by shrifted tonight and noticed that some of the flags I had related to time i spent building intimacy had completely dissappeared from an older save directory I had hours ago. I am not sure if moving the saves caused these flags to clear or if the anime girls just decided to clear the flags. I am at the end of ACT 2 stage 1

Anegorami

Reputation score
Hi, thank you for this information.... it is unknown if different difficulties have different endings?
The only difficulty that have its own ending is Spectator - all the others endings can be obtained on any common difficulty.

Some person may think this is worth knowing.... I moved my save and public save files to a newer patch of the game released by shrifted tonight and noticed that some of the flags I had related to time i spent building intimacy had completely dissappeared from an older save directory I had hours ago. I am not sure if moving the saves caused these flags to clear or if the anime girls just decided to clear the flags. I am at the end of ACT 2 stage 1
When the game version changes the data indexes that points to the specific information may change as well. Always backup your saves before updating the game.

Xanrn

Lurker
Reputation score
how do i raise affection in the clear room? i dont really understand how to finish the characters i have remaining since replaying acts doesnt seem to work.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
how do i raise affection in the clear room? i dont really understand how to finish the characters i have remaining since replaying acts doesnt seem to work.
Losing to a monster makes it so you can go for more rounds.
Drinking tea resets your sensitivity as well so you can go for more rounds.

Ah that's right... in true mercy you lose Hell's indulgence so all you can do is drink tea.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score

Ah that's right... in true mercy you lose Hell's indulgence so all you can do is drink tea.
I have to say it is funny i am reading through your posts because this guide i have here in pastebin is not very helpful for someone trying to do a pacifist route on the first go. Even with that and with the 77 pages and a separate guide ( ) this is the most confusing game i have ever played thru to try and unlock everything myself and so easy i think to mess things up. I will say that, even with all of the guides and resources i have, every time i boot up this game i am still very confused or surprised or get angry because i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong or because i'm not sure what the hell i'm even trying or want to do. For instance your posts related to chp 2 act 2 and muruko, i thought this would be a straightforward chapter but i end up checking wtf i am doing every other screen because the "cave" (wtf description for underground railroad tracks in a city/suburb) and fuck my save is SUPPOSED to be white lmao and don't even get me started on the Defensive stance and i still, even after beating Muruko the first time, (haven't done the second yet) can't for the life of me understand the time travel reference the pet wolf makes. All I know is that if her eyes glow red you better watch yourself lol.

shadow1029

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I have to say it is funny i am reading through your posts because this guide i have here in pastebin is not very helpful for someone trying to do a pacifist route on the first go. Even with that and with the 77 pages and a separate guide ( ) this is the most confusing game i have ever played thru to try and unlock everything myself and so easy i think to mess things up. I will say that, even with all of the guides and resources i have, every time i boot up this game i am still very confused or surprised or get angry because i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong or because i'm not sure what the hell i'm even trying or want to do. For instance your posts related to chp 2 act 2 and muruko, i thought this would be a straightforward chapter but i end up checking wtf i am doing every other screen because the "cave" (wtf description for underground railroad tracks in a city/suburb) and fuck my save is SUPPOSED to be white lmao and don't even get me started on the Defensive stance and i still, even after beating Muruko the first time, (haven't done the second yet) can't for the life of me understand the time travel reference the pet wolf makes. All I know is that if her eyes glow red you better watch yourself lol.
I suppose it's a Jojo reference of "ZA WARUDO!" being prepared when her eyes go red, in that time stops for everyone and everything but her for a little while. If you aren't familiar with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or a random blonde guy named Dio, you shouldn't feel bad about missing out. That said, do watch the anime if you have the chance.

The game is very confusing at some points even on Easy difficulty. The machine translation definitely helps, but understanding it in the original Japanese would be your best bet. I'd also recommend keeping a backup of the game folder every time you start playing, in case you make a mistake. The publicsave and save folders are generally enough, but I've had those fail on me before (gallery data was buggy in one, saves didn't load in another attempt).

Xanrn

Lurker
Reputation score

wait the tea? damn i never even used that in the entire game lol. i did the pink bed and won constantly but i didnt think of losing, just defeated them all since i thought that might be the trick. thanks so much

also does anyone know of an easy way to use the wedding ring on each character? having to do the final fight each time and watch the ending really sucks. its just a tiny addition of text but i wanted to see them all

Last edited:

Shrifted

Reputation score
wait the tea? damn i never even used that in the entire game lol. i did the pink bed and won constantly but i didnt think of losing, just defeated them all since i thought that might be the trick. thanks so much
Tea is incredibly useful, it also gives you a strong buff that reduces Lust damage. It's always a good idea to chug some before any boss fight.

Last edited:

Quite Frankly

Reputation score

also does anyone know of an easy way to use the wedding ring on each character? having to do the final fight each time and watch the ending really sucks. its just a tiny addition of text but i wanted to see them all

Fuck, that is a lot of work lol. Maybe I should figure out somethig better to do with my life. Can't even believe i'm going to play this some more right now.

Last edited: