What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Shrifted

Reputation score
Its interesting what you are saying, my readme file says i have 5.25 but my actual game file says it is translated to 5.21, regardless, my game doesn't have any problems.

Make sure you slapped this on: * Requires RPG TKool VX Ace RTP:
All the patches should be forward compatible, so you should be okay using it on all patches after the one stated. I haven't bothered really changing the base version of the patch because all of the latest updates have just been adding links to the fanworks list and nothing else.

How do I fix this error? This is a fresh patch from a new game and I've been running into this error ever since I used the new translating patch.
You probably extracted the game files in a non JP app locale, which caused the extraction process to butcher the BGM names. The program is looking for the old files, but can't find them, causing it to crash....

ShionK

Reputation score
hi, just a little question,
for all people who have the DLC, how did you get it?
I know you gotta subscribe to Devil's Cien site somewhere, but
a) I have no idea where the buttons are
b) how did you transfer the money? did you use credit card? paypal? DLsite points?
1. buy the game off of the site it's pretty cheap for all of that delicious content if you haven't
2. go to your profile on the actual dlsite after logging in
3. select updates and you should see Shrift up there somewhere if you bought multiple games (The only thing up there if you are like me)
4. wait for your game to download
5. get cheesed by the beetle harpy for the next hour or so

Just in case you don't know how to access the dlc you need to marry Mother Rabbit then a crystal will start shining (Top Left)
Boom
There you go

Aesthetic

Reputation score
1. buy the game off of the site it's pretty cheap for all of that delicious content if you haven't
2. go to your profile on the actual dlsite after logging in
3. select updates and you should see Shrift up there somewhere if you bought multiple games (The only thing up there if you are like me)
4. wait for your game to download
5. get cheesed by the beetle harpy for the next hour or so

Just in case you don't know how to access the dlc you need to marry Mother Rabbit then a crystal will start shining (Top Left)
Boom
There you go
This is incorrect. Beetle Harpy is just a game update. The DLC can only be obtained from the ci-en page which if you're not from Japan is really hard to traverse and might not even accept your money.

To play DLC fights you need to put the DLC files in your Shrift directory then go to the roast chicken and enter the code.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
This is incorrect. Beetle Harpy is just a game update. The DLC can only be obtained from the ci-en page which if you're not from Japan is really hard to traverse and might not even accept your money.

To play DLC fights you need to put the DLC files in your Shrift directory then go to the roast chicken and enter the code.
INTERESTING has the link for this ci-en page already been shared? Where is it? I've fallen off the wagon with this game and I'm right at the end, got distracted by the new anime gril releases recently.

Clawfoot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
INTERESTING has the link for this ci-en page already been shared? Where is it? I've fallen off the wagon with this game and I'm right at the end, got distracted by the new anime gril releases recently.
Here you go.

Bad news is it seems in order to actually download the two dlcs listed there so far, you need to purchase the past months.

Last edited:

guimantis

Reputation score
Damn, i'd say it is almost a necessity to read (at least parts of) this forum to understand the game if you don't know japanese.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Damn, i'd say it is almost a necessity to read (at least parts of) this forum to understand the game if you don't know japanese.
I mean... it's a japanese game, made by a japanese person, for japanese people.
It's honestly a little sad that western game devs don't have the same kind of mentality towards adult games. Jap devs just do it better for the most part.

guimantis

Reputation score
I mean... it's a japanese game, made by a japanese person, for japanese people.
It's honestly a little sad that western game devs don't have the same kind of mentality towards adult games. Jap devs just do it better for the most part.
True...

I think overall japan is really more open about exploring or playing around with adult themes in general, hence why jap devs makes more adult games than the west.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
True...

I think overall japan is really more open about exploring or playing around with adult themes in general, hence why jap devs makes more adult games than the west.
I disagree.
The west creates TONS of it.
like so many shitty flash games. So much Meet'N'Fuck and just... soo much Daz3D VN... and soo much Daz3D RPG Maker games.

I think the difference is mentality. Like... the japanese devs are creating their games for themselves as a full experience. They're doing it for their own fetishes, and creating them with a game designer's mentality.

guimantis

Reputation score
I disagree.
The west creates TONS of it.
like so many shitty flash games. So much Meet'N'Fuck and just... soo much Daz3D VN... and soo much Daz3D RPG Maker games.

I think the difference is mentality. Like... the japanese devs are creating their games for themselves as a full experience. They're doing it for their own fetishes, and creating them with a game designer's mentality.
huh... to be frank i'm not very knowledgeable on this, i've only started playing these kinds of adult games rather recently so i'm probably just not aware of the west created games.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
huh... to be frank i'm not very knowledgeable on this, i've only started playing these kinds of adult games rather recently so i'm probably just not aware of the west created games.
dlsite is primarily from Japan i thinks.

However If you hunt around this website a bit you'll find some adult games that are hosted on Patreon by western developers. Not that I'm recommending that or not, but its in here you know, like an appropriate Gillette razor. or proctor and gamble dish washing detergent

guimantis

Reputation score
dlsite is primarily from Japan i thinks.

However If you hunt around this website a bit you'll find some adult games that are hosted on Patreon by western developers. Not that I'm recommending that or not, but its in here you know, like an appropriate Gillette razor. or proctor and gamble dish washing detergent
Is there anything on a similar level to Shrift? Because i'll be honest, i'm surprised with the amount of effort put in this game!

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Is there anything on a similar level to Shrift? Because i'll be honest, i'm surprised with the amount of effort put in this game!
Depends on whether or not animation is a deal breaker. I recommend you be accepting of games without animation so you can play a wide variety of games.

Shrift is special but there are quite a few interesting games out there :)

Raltin

Reputation score
hey quick question how do you get out of the grapple in Daiji's slime form? i keep getting pinned down the first turn and it's starting to get really frustrating getting that far only to get instakilled

guimantis

Reputation score
hey quick question how do you get out of the grapple in Daiji's slime form? i keep getting pinned down the first turn and it's starting to get really frustrating getting that far only to get instakilled
this pastebin has a lot of useful tips for almost all fights in the game, give it a look whenever you feel stuck in a fight:

tips specifically for Daiji's slime form:
almost invulnerable to physical damage, weak againts magic specially lightning
use wind magic to get rid of her binding just like echo
her dancing, just like nina is pretty simple
lust increases gradually, use morphine
she will try to inflict afraid twice, get rid of it with painkillers
use lightning drums to inflict heavy damage

Lightning drums is an item on that special shop below hell's gate (was it called hell's gate?...don't remember, i'm refering to the place you go when you use the blue door).

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
A mage build actually works with all her forms.
You'll need the non elemental spell for her first form, fire for plant, ice for beast and lighting for gel

Aesthetic

Reputation score
A mage build actually works with all her forms.
You'll need the non elemental spell for her first form, fire for plant, ice for beast and lighting for gel
Defense more important than offense since you can leave the offense to the magnum.

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I use sphinx's staff as my weapon cause I was already in magic mode at the time

Raltin

Reputation score
Thanks alot guys! I finally beat her and finished the first run because of the help.
I got neutral ending (B) in case you were curious. 😄

Shrifted

Reputation score
Thanks alot guys! I finally beat her and finished the first run because of the help.
I got neutral ending (B) in case you were curious. 😄
Congrats! NG+ is far easier and lets you skip a lot of stuff, so it's easier to go for the True Mercy ending.