What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

guimantis

Reputation score
Just to be sure, is it true that the game DOESN'T lock you out of true mercy after a full genocide run?

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
Just to be sure, is it true that the game DOESN'T lock you out of true mercy after a full genocide run?
You are definitely locked out of true mercy if you've done a genocide run in that partcular game SHRIFT folder, but all you have to do is extract a new instance of your shrift game into a Another Shrift folder OR replace your PublicData.rvdata2 and other save files because once the main PublicData.rvdata2 is tainted with a genocide run you can't very easily modify that so you have to have another game instance of Shrift or replace that main PublicData.rvdata2 ALSO you need to get rid of all your other genocide saves.

You need to make sure everything in that folder is genocide clear if you want specifically true mercy ending, you have to be very careful not to trigger any flags.

You should be able to see main screen when you fire the game up with a bunch of cute adorable enemies from the game that all want to brutally kill/eat you OR the main screen with the patient's lab that looks like a hospital. You should not see a main screen that has a weird undertale reference.

Hope this helps.

Anegorami

Reputation score
You are definitely locked out of true mercy if you've done a genocide run in that partcular game SHRIFT folder, but all you have to do is extract a new instance of your shrift game into a Another Shrift folder OR replace your PublicData.rvdata2 and other save files because once the main PublicData.rvdata2 is tainted with a genocide run you can't very easily modify that so you have to have another game instance of Shrift or replace that main PublicData.rvdata2 ALSO you need to get rid of all your other genocide saves.

You need to make sure everything in that folder is genocide clear if you want specifically true mercy ending, you have to be very careful not to trigger any flags.

You should be able to see main screen when you fire the game up with a bunch of cute adorable enemies from the game that all want to brutally kill/eat you OR the main screen with the patient's lab that looks like a hospital. You should not see a main screen that has a weird undertale reference.

Hope this helps.
You can do True Mercy after the Genocide, but you should clear your murderer flag by obtaining one of the Neutral endings (G > N > TM). Also, if you have stuck on the genocide ending screen restart the game 7 times (run the game, go to the Genocide End screen, close the game), then go to the Genocide End screen again and wait for a minute - the system will be rebooted and you'll get access to the main menu.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
I feel Its worth saying that it is absolutely hilarious and awesome at the same time that the game needs to be restarted 7 times before its playable again.
Gotta love Japanese games.

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
You can also just simply delete the PublicData.rvdata2 and then run the Game.exe. It will make a new one for you after you start from the title screen. Try keeping multiples of that PublicData.rvdata2 file along with a save for each of the separate female marriage ending though.

guimantis

Reputation score
You can do True Mercy after the Genocide, but you should clear your murderer flag by obtaining one of the Neutral endings (G > N > TM). Also, if you have stuck on the genocide ending screen restart the game 7 times (run the game, go to the Genocide End screen, close the game), then go to the Genocide End screen again and wait for a minute - the system will be rebooted and you'll get access to the main menu.
If that's the case then that is awesome! Unlike Undertale i'm glad there is a "path to redemption" where you can get a good ending after earning it by undoing the things you did in a supposed genocide.

guimantis

Reputation score
By the way how is the translation to english going? Any news on that front? Did the dev found a way to do it without him having to sell his liver? Or is he saving money to do that?

Shrifted

Reputation score
By the way how is the translation to english going? Any news on that front? Did the dev found a way to do it without him having to sell his liver? Or is he saving money to do that?
Haven't heard anything about an official English translation other then MTranslating one of his new videos, but I've restarted work on the fan translation patch a few months ago and we're starting to ramp up some real progress on it: https://ulmf.org/threads/shrift-translation-version-2-0-machine-and-manual-translation.13278/

The entire base game has been machine translated for a while, and with a new patch that will be coming out soon, we'll have all the way up to the end of 2-1 fully hand translated, with more coming down the pipeline.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Haven't heard anything about an official English translation other then MTranslating one of his new videos, but I've restarted work on the fan translation patch a few months ago and we're starting to ramp up some real progress on it: https://ulmf.org/threads/shrift-translation-version-2-0-machine-and-manual-translation.13278/

The entire base game has been machine translated for a while, and with a new patch that will be coming out soon, we'll have all the way up to the end of 2-1 fully hand translated, with more coming down the pipeline.
Thx for all the hard work man. Really appreciate it.

Juicyjuice

Reputation score
Looks like the second bonus chapter is in the works. There's a concept pic of a new enemy or the boss on the creator's

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
Now that I have completed the true mercy end I have some questions with regards to this game that I don't believe have been covered in the thead.

1) How do you marry? Please explain fully. I believe I played through my true mercy save without marrying a demon trying to kill me and actually as an aside, if this is the case, i can save my save repository with the community. Can it be stated which monsters have side quest stories and which don't?

2) This is probably more of a question for Anegorami than anyone else but I am interested in seeing the spectator ending without replaying through the entire game. Would you agree with this? Do you have any recommendations on how to do this with your current save repository?

I have multiple saves before the end game where I chose not to marry a demon and is a good backup for people that are interested in the side quests or other marriage scenes.

Last edited:

podiewinkle

Reputation score
is there no way to get all the addons for this game ? i cant pick my way threw his twitter to find out some one must have it surley?

Anegorami

Reputation score
1) How do you marry? Please explain fully. I believe I played through my true mercy save without marrying a demon trying to kill me and actually as an aside, if this is the case, i can save my save repository with the community. Can it be stated which monsters have side quest stories and which don't?
1. Get the Wedding Ring. You can craft it out from a Silver ring and a Diamond.
Silver Ring [シルバーリング]: Chapter 1-1 [Awakening] - Enter the second cryocapsule room (middle door). Check the box at the top right corner two times.

Diamond [ダイヤモンド]: Chapter 3-2 [Death Prison] - Go to the room with Akonitums. Once there, go to the right part and move down along the chasm between two parts. Eventually, you will see small passage to the left - go there. At the end of it you should find the Diamond.
2. Raise the chosen devil's affection to 100 (99 + bonding event).
3. Give the ring to her as a present.
4. After the TM ending you'll get a small post-credits ending extension with the devil you've choose.
5. After that you can watch an additional event from the main menu.

Also, after you get an ending extension, the TM credits will change a little.
Normal credits image.

Post-marriage credits image.
Also, there are two restrictions to consider:
1. You CAN'T propose marriage to the two different devils in the same run (using the SAVE/LOAD INTERVENTION power), doing so will effectively lock you out of ANY marriage endings for the current run. Be patient.
2. You CAN'T marry Hyakki Oni. Because reasons.

2) This is probably more of a question for Anegorami than anyone else but I am interested in seeing the spectator ending without replaying through the entire game. Would you agree with this? Do you have any recommendations on how to do this with your current save repository?
If you want to see all the insanity that GAG mode brings to the game - start from the beginning. You'll get A LOT of jokes here and there (starting from the character stats) and additional restrictions that will make you smile (try to befriend a devil and then ask her to milk the MC. SAVE BEFORE YOU DO!). Also, all the part ends will be replaced with... this:
Nuff' said.
Also, there is no way to see the GAG ending using my saves since the GAG route save was made in the clear room. The only ending that you can actually watch from my saves is Genocide, since it don't have a clear room.

guimantis

Reputation score
After that you can watch an additional event from the main menu.
Excuse me, What? I didn't know that!

1. You CAN'T propose marriage to the two different devils in the same run (using the SAVE/LOAD INTERVENTION power), doing so will effectively lock you out of ANY marriage endings for the current run. Be patient.
Wait so technically you can marry everybody? you just have to do one of the girls per run?

Anegorami

Reputation score
Excuse me, What? I didn't know that!
My bad, main menu unlockable event thing was from another game.
Still, be sure to check Bonus (おまけ) => Concept Spirit Scenarios (想ひ魂番外編) for some additional content.

Wait so technically you can marry everybody? you just have to do one of the girls per run?
Yes, you can. AFAIK aside from setting the flag in the PublicData you get no additional reward from seeing all the devils' endings. Feel free to correct me tho.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
Anegorami thanks, gag route seems like a lot of repetition for not a whole lot. Also i was kind of disappointed you could still lose to a demon. I was hoping really for just a clear simple story through the game and it doesn't feel like it.

Ultimately not sure if i'm going to go for it or not.

Drakmania

Reputation score
So, I'm absolutely fucking stuck on the part in 2-2 (maybe 2-3?) after the cave where the shadow doll chases you, and you end up with a broken down safe room in front of what looks like a shrine entrance with a big stone tablet on the right side and six symbols on the ground. I assumed (can't read Japanese for shit and don't want to risk fucking everything up by translating it) that since the characters appeared in the text on the slab, that I had to step on them in a certain order, tried multiple orders and nothing worked. Am I missing something crucial or am I just a blind fool?

(Bought from DLSite, btw)

And I'm pretty sure I'm on the GAG route...if that locks me out of anything please tell me now. I only did that so I could cheese my way through the game (since GAG makes your stats crazy) and I haven't killed any demons, or married any.

Last edited:

Aesthetic

Reputation score
So, I'm absolutely fucking stuck on the part in 2-2 (maybe 2-3?) after the cave where the shadow doll chases you, and you end up with a broken down safe room in front of what looks like a shrine entrance with a big stone tablet on the right side and six symbols on the ground. I assumed (can't read Japanese for shit and don't want to risk fucking everything up by translating it) that since the characters appeared in the text on the slab, that I had to step on them in a certain order, tried multiple orders and nothing worked. Am I missing something crucial or am I just a blind fool?

And I'm pretty sure I'm on the GAG route...if that locks me out of anything please tell me now. I only did that so I could cheese my way through the game (since GAG makes your stats crazy) and I haven't killed any demons, or married any.
Yes. Gag doesn't let you get the mercy or genocide end. I'm not sure you can raise effection for the girls either. Just play on Normal or Easy.

That area you need to step on the tiles in a certain order.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score

gag route locks you our of certain things but also shows you things other routes don't get, somewhere in this mess of a thread there are instructions of what order you need to step on the tiles.

Clawfoot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Here you go:
2 - 5
4 - 1
6 - 3