What's new

Diablo III Discussion

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Diablo III Discussion

Yeah seriously, from what I remember of WC lore, isn't Deathwing supposed to be dead?

*sigh* that's one gripe I have about fantasy worlds... nobody ever stays fucking dead... the D&D universe is absolutely AWFUL about it....
Actually, resurrections are really expensive in the grand scheme of things, so you basically have to be nobility or an adventurer to do it... unless you know a druid with reincarnation. That spell can be fun. Pixie barbarian anyone?

Edit: Also, my one problem with diablo 1 is that you can't run. You can only walk. (Or I never found the button to make myself run...)

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Diablo 1 you couldn't run. And I respect Alias's opinion, the game is definitely not for everyone. However, who knows what Blizzard is actually doing, I'm not listening to too many internet rumours about what their staff is working on, because sometimes they say they do one thing whilst actually doing another. I think it would be smarter for them to concentrate on Starcraft II and Diablo III as much as WoW for the time being... but that's just me.

I never got into Wow, tried it for a bit on someone else's account, didn't entirely like it, and there wasn't enough of a story (though there is some). Oh well.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

I... just wanted...Starcraft Ghost...
Then WoW came and destroyed it.... ;_;

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I... just wanted...Starcraft Ghost...
Then WoW came and destroyed it.... ;_;
Rep for you to this. I almost cried when I realized Ghost wasn't going to be a playable game.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Came down partially to publishing. Blizzard had never focused on it entirely, always working with another company to do it. Still, would have been so cool.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

*laments for Ghost* Partially why I use Nova as a RP char is because I never got to use her as a game character...

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Ghost would have been sweet if they'd got it right - and they probably would have done, too. Still, I'll bet that someone makes good use of SCUM edit in Starcraft 2 and creates a First Person Ghost map very similar to the dead game. I think SCUM Edit has everything needed to make it happen, toolwise...

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Ghost would have been sweet if they'd got it right - and they probably would have done, too. Still, I'll bet that someone makes good use of SCUM edit in Starcraft 2 and creates a First Person Ghost map very similar to the dead game. I think SCUM Edit has everything needed to make it happen, toolwise...
If they can make a facsimily of Diablo 3 in Warcraft 3 (which is HAPPENING at the Hive Workshop community), they can do a fps in scumedit.

Reputation score

While I've never played Starcraft (and very probably never will) I just love the Diablo games (although they get extremely difficult at the end), but I'll not play Diablo III right away - I almost only play games that look or actually are at least 5 years old, so I'll tell you in 2014 what I think about it :)

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

actually if you look at the models i'd say its just well used five year old graphics. Thats why all their games run well on everything.

OP
Games Dude

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

If they can make a facsimily of Diablo 3 in Warcraft 3 (which is HAPPENING at the Hive Workshop community), they can do a fps in scumedit.
Dude Hive Workshop already made a ocmplete version of Diablo II; Lord of Destruction map in the Frozen Throne. I downloaded it a while ago and it's really a great tribute.

I almost only play games that look or actually are at least 5 years old
Haev you played DOOM then? How about DOOM2? Or Skulltag? :)

Twisted

Reputation score

I'm just curious as how long it'll take someone to make a nude patch for it. Can't be a true barbarian woman if you're not going around and killing the shit out of shit in the nude, and being naked means wizards have no spell failure from armor :)

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'd be a naked barbarian. Could be fun. Except for the frostbite.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

double post but I don't care. I just found out who's voicing Kerrigan in Starcraft II.

Tricia Helfer.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i don't see a reason to change from the previous voice actor. A quick bit of research shows she clearly likes starcraft (writing medieval romance novels under the pseudonym sarah mckerrigan). She had an excellent voice and it annoys me that blizzard would just throw that away so they get some starlet instead.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I agree with Nunu. That, and I never liked Tricia Helfer anyway.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

blizzard seem to have turned evil ever since the activision merge. I'm not sure they weren't evil before that but it started coming to light around that time.

Twisted

Reputation score

I've never watched Battlestar, but I can guarantee I won't like the new VA. Kerrigan's voice-actor was just perfect. It'll be like switching from a dub you've watched for 50 episodes to the original, it won't ever feel right ever again.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i don't think it will be bad, i just that its not going to be what it should.

Twisted

Reputation score

I agree. She'll probably do a good job, it just won't be Kerrigan as I'll always remember <_<