What's new

Disney just bought Marvel.

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Disney just bought Marvel.

*sighs*

I... I need to think about this for a second.

Either the deal I had going on with Marvel is now going to be null and void, or... I'm going to voluntarily withdraw it and try to force my way through DC now.x.x;

Lurker
Reputation score

Only thing I've seen that involved Disney that I liked in the last ten years was Pirates and Up. Up shouldn't count, it was simply distributed by them, but still.
Up should count the most, because as far as I know all Disney will be doing for Marvel is distribution. The only announced plans for the merger was that after Marvel finishes it's film deal with paramount (I think) it would distribute further films through Disney. That's as far as they've announced involvement. No one is to be sacked, demoted, promoted, or replaced yet. When they start putting new people in positions of power I'll worry. I don't think Disney will do that because Marvel has a pretty good track record.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well... at least DC did Watchmen.

Still, I think this new ownership deal is more along the lines of money than creativity. I don't think Disney will get involved, but Disney might be able to able to pump more money into Marvel movies...

However, Sly has just informed me, that the current Marvel movies in production are still being produced by their respective companies (ie. X-men origins (Wolverine 2, and Magnito) is being released by 20th Century Fox, Iron Man 2 by Paramount, Spider-Man 4 by Columbia, etc)

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Dammit. I-Mockery's down. That's where I first learned of this, so head on over and check Proto's article. It's on the front page. I was also just going to copy and paste my comments from their article to this thread, but I guess I have to go from memory.

Major points were, anyway, I do like older Disney (pre-Lion King 1) and I like Marvel, but I'm not sure if the two should meet. However, there's little we can do about the situation, as it has already happened. The only thing we can do, really, is if things get to the point where you don't like it, let your wallet do the talking and stop buying the comics/going to see the movies. Endorse what you like, shun what you don't.

And Incubus, thank you for posting S*P. Saved me the trouble *laughs*

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I liked Remember the Titans, and Pirates of the Caribbean, so Disney can't be all that bad...

however, the quality of Marvel comics has been rising in my opinion, especially with Wolverine, and the comic versions of George R.R. Martin's Hedge Knight series (both Wolverine and Hedge Knight are violent and vicious. I love it). So, taking a well known family friendly company to overshadow a more adult oriented company is a strange move in the least. Hopefully Disney will not interfere with creative processing, and simply are just greedy fucks who want more and more money.
QFT

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

hahaha ... good one incubus. After that one i just imagine who will be if Donald Duck have Hulk powers...funny but i also have fear for our future

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Oh god, I just thought of the worst thing ever.....

Disney replacing the Fantastic Four with the Choke-us Brothers and... er... what's-her-name... that girl singer they have...

I'm going to go wash my brain out with soap now...

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Worth1000.com had a with content about this.

Edit: one of my favorites:

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Disney replacing the Fantastic Four with the Choke-us Brothers and... er... what's-her-name... that girl singer they have...

>_>

You people really need to stop being so overdramatic with this, Disney's not stupid, to them, Marvel is an additional flow of cash, they're not going to do stupid crap like Spider Mouse or whatnot, I mean, they might do some random oneshot, but unless they suddenly have a massive brainfart, they aren't going to touch marvel, that would be incredibly retarded.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

>_>

You people really need to stop being so overdramatic with this, Disney's not stupid, to them, Marvel is an additional flow of cash, they're not going to do stupid crap like Spider Mouse or whatnot, I mean, they might do some random oneshot, but unless they suddenly have a massive brainfart, they aren't going to touch marvel, that would be incredibly retarded.
THIS.

Not to mention, Marvel DOES ALREADY have kids products out! They have rides themed after their characters, they have little kids toys, most of the movies are watched by children, it's not like Marvel's shit was adult-oriented. Get over yourself, people aren't THAT stupid.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Very little marvel things were adult oriented. Like I said, a few Wolverine (a few, so not even half) comics, the George R.R. Martin stuff... not much else that I can think of.

So yeah.

Lurker
Reputation score

Disney just bought a video game company:

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

>_>

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:D

You make it sound like we're being overdramatic because we care that much that this happened :p

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

^ that.

We're being overdramatic for the sake of being overdramatic. When was the last time we got this overdramatic over something?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The last post you guys made?

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

In this thread, or in general?

Either way:
When was the last time we got this overdramatic over something and meant it?
- fix'd.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Lol I meant in general.

E

Exofluke

What can you do?

Bye bye possible rated R flicks. :(