Reputation score
Re: DoP Style RP beta sign up

if your still sending them through Pm's i didnt get one :(

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thank you cloudxp, hope you can keep up with the pms.

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

Well well, I might as well join the party.

Name: Remia Weltz
Race: Cat girl
Height: 5'3
weight: 107
Blood type: O
Eye color: Green
Hair/Fur(?) Color: Lavender
Cup size: Around C?

Background: Cat girl with very high speed and very bright. she's not strong strong, but she can hold herself in a fight, she tires easily tho due to her small size.
Basic features(?): Her lavender hair reaches to her hip, it's very silky :D, her tail is also very soft, but she hates it when someone pulls on it even though it turns her on, her ears are very sharp so are her eyes.

Str:7
Int:11
Awe:11
Spd:15
Stm:6

OP
CloudXDP

CloudXDP

Lurker
Reputation score

Quick Update. Zero Your Character should be up very soon. At least one Update for everyone will happen tonight. And Devild, I believe I have already created your Character, which is why you did not get a message, as I was only putting up new characters that night. However before all this. I must shower.

devild

Lurker
Reputation score

oh right! i thought it was story wise.

OP
CloudXDP

CloudXDP

Lurker
Reputation score

No worries, Hopefully if all goes to plan everyone should get at least one Update tonight.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I kinda worked it out in a why where, if you fight them off from raping you the get pissed off just wanna kill ya so you wont fight back.
Oh! I had forgotten to think about the necrophilic approach! My logic had went "they want to rape you, and they can't rape you when you're dead, so they'll beat you up a bit, pin you again and rape you." I had completely ignored their ability to just screw your corpse afterwards!

Still, I would like for them to be able to re-rape you for the following reasons:
1. It gives more use to the speed and possibly awareness stats, and increases the risk for 'high strength, low speed' characters:
1. a. It gives 'low strength, high speed' characters a second option: let the enemy grapple them, throw them off, defend/take hits, let the enemy grapple them, throw them off, ad infantum till the enemy dies.
1. b. Awareness currently seems to be a rather under-used stat, as it is only useful for discovering traps. You could also use it to determine the damage dealt when throwing off an enemy and get more use out of it... however, if the enemy can't re-rape you, this will be fairly pointless.
2. It makes reasonable sense for someone to want to beat you up if you throw them off while they’re trying to rape you. However, while they could just kill you and screw your corpse, a lot of people/creatures would prefer the resistance that a live victim puts up - their screaming, their agony, their feeble attempts to stop the rapist... so while a rapist who has been denied may very well attack their victim for a while, they would eventually decide that their opponent is sufficiently vulnerable and would pin the victim against a wall and try to rape them again.
3. The players who are playing seriously may want to see their characters raped, but under the current system they only have one chance per enemy. Re-raping gives these players a much better chance at seeing their characters raped.

... and I can't believe I wrote up all that for Host and then forgot to add stats before my two weeks of leave. =/ Anyway, here they are (also added to my other post):

Str: 13
Int: 8
Awe: 7
Spd: 9
Sta: 13

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

I hope that I've done this properly! XD Sounds like fun!

Name: Lumi
Race: Fire/Light Elemental (Human-looking, but with fiery horns)
Description: Standing at a diminutive 5'1", Lumi is unimposing for a young woman. She has pink skin and white hair, as well as gold-pierced ears and nipples. Her eyes glow orange-red. She sports a pair of horns upon which pink-white fire burns -- when she eats aluminum, these fires grow brighter. She can move these flames about her body, though they're basically aesthetic; while she's immune to her own flames, she can take the same damage as anyone else from outside fire. Because of her race, Lumi doesn't really like cold or dark, and will actively seek warmer, brighter places when nothing else is a concern to her.

STR: 8
INT: 10
AWE: 12
SPD: 12
STA: 8

Fatigue Points: 120
HP: 32

Last edited:

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Hmmm, not to do make Cloud’s decision for him, but I think you may have over stepped the bounds of the game. The aesthetic parts, the ability to get larger horn fires and eat aluminium, will very likely have no problems, so long as they are only role-played and never used to add damage.
(i.e. '"I move my fires to my hands and hit him!"
Cloud: *Roles same amount of die as for an unarmed character* "You do 1 damage."')
The Dark and Cold weaknesses can also simply be role-played in, without actually changing the damage dealt, e.g. 'Oh no! Darkness! This is significantly more damaging than it would be if it were not Darkness! *Takes same damage as any other character*'. The problem is that she apparently does not take damage from fire or light, which is an advantage she has over any other characters, which as far as I know, is not allowed. But still! It's Cloud's decision, not mine.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey, I can always change it! :D I figured that since he'd said we could play any humanoid, things like this were allowed. X3 If the tactical advantage is too great, I can always cut that bit out altogether.

Actually, I'll do that now to save him the headache! *goes back to edit* :3

OP
CloudXDP

CloudXDP

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey guys, sorry about another Massive delay... Had Exams at college and that wasnt able to do alot other than worrie about failing >.< Anyways, Updates through the night tonight.
And in reply to the whole "Give your character huge advantages" thing, I've made it so, no matter what you look like, you will always have the same ability as everyone else, For example, if you made a Dragon/Human, with the ability to breath fire, you're character would forget that ability and basically be a regular lizard person. And if you make your character, made of lava or something so anything that touches you gets burned instantly, I would remove that, and the character would only look like they're made of lava, this is to stop certain players from adding their own advantages to their characters aside from the preset stats.

And in reply to Hosts post about Elements and that, I might make something like that in the final release, will more than likely be like a pokemon style system, but will go on your Magic attack element vs. Enemy type. OR Enemy Magic attack element vs. Your Armour Element.
Also a Second Reply yo Host's suggestion on Re rape Chance, I may put that in as an addition in later releases, but right now, I wanna keep this as basic as I possibly can, just to see if the basic stuff will work.

Last edited:

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

*Gasp*

He Lives!

*Grin*

Also a Second Reply yo Host's suggestion on Re rape Chance, I may put that in as an addition in later releases, but right now, I wanna keep this as basic as I possibly can, just to see if the basic stuff will work.
Understood. Don't add unnecessary stuff till the base is working. =)

Hopefully my IC posts won't suck too badly...

I probably won't be able to post immediately. I might not even be on till some time next week, it'll all depend on how much work I can get done and how quickly. (It's my time for uni exam-ing and 'assignment due'-ing, now.)

EDIT: Whoops, had the 'too' in quote tags instead of italics. *facepalms*

OP
CloudXDP

CloudXDP

Lurker
Reputation score

(It's my time for uni exam-ing and 'assignment due'-ing, now.)
God I know the Feeling, thats why I was Dead for 4 months :p haha

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Woot, I got a game start.

Question to other players about RP aesthetics for this thing:

What's more acceptable, first person or third person replies? "I grab a torch and head into the dungeon." vs. "Lumi grabs a torch and heads into the dungeon."

Also, should we only be replying with basic actions, or is it appropriate to write out reactions and descriptions of actions and stuff?

OP
CloudXDP

CloudXDP

Lurker
Reputation score

I say, Thats up to you, with the First person vs. Third person thing I will always reply in the 2nd person either way. And as to Describing actions, thats also up to you, most of the time, this will make no difference, for example, if you said you character hopped across the hall, I would just count that as normal walking, however in some cases, a little extra description may help/ make matters worse for you. An example was recently, when I said that A player had a choice to go through one of a few doors, the player said that they knocked on the door first. this I allowed. So, Again, Entirely up to you

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

...Question to other players about RP aesthetics for this thing:

What's more acceptable, first person or third person replies? "I grab a torch and head into the dungeon." vs. "Lumi grabs a torch and heads into the dungeon."...
Personally, I hate first person replies, especially in large games. Basically, I don't like having to memorize which character is which player. It is my belief that every person should at least try to have their character's name in each post they make in a game thread.

OP
CloudXDP

CloudXDP

Lurker
Reputation score

Hi everyone, If anyone hasnt lost complete interest in this, hopefully evverything should be back up by next week, I'm still having alot of
technical trouble and havent been able to update successfully when I've tried to, so lets hope for the best!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

*sitting in a corner with a beard covered with cobwebs*
..I.... I've been waiting for you, young one.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

D: SPIDER BEARD! *traps Toxic in a cup and shakes him out outside* Back, ye filthy beardie!

Hope this starts up again, I was enjoying the posts I had gotten!