What's new

Dragonball Evolution

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yo4t8PeqJ6E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yo4t8PeqJ6E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

discuss.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Dragonball Evolution

The guy who they picked for Goku sucks. And since when did Bulma use guns? they fucked up the story completely of course, no surprise there. Other than that, I guess it's not so bad. The kamehameha looked pretty good, as did the capsule transformation. And they got a decent actor for Piccolo, James Marsters, who played Spike from Angel and Braniac from Smallville.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Goku doesn't have a tail. Bulma uses guns. Not one shot of Roshi groping women.
And why is Goku beating up a bunch of frat boys?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I much prefer thundercats

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lPT3Xl5iZUs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lPT3Xl5iZUs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

But yeah, in all seriousness, aside from the obvious it's just a movie, not one I'd particularly like to see but wouldn't care if I saw it

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Holy crap, that's really well faked.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It made me laugh lots

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

My soul died a little, when dragonball evolution was made with AMERICAN actors. Goku was ASIAN! Why? Why do they deface people from around china and thailand and cambodia? why?

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, he looked basically like a Shia LaBeouf type character, which happens to be nothing like what Goku is supposed to be. Not surprising.

I'll wait for the rifftrax.

Lurker
Reputation score

More soul crushing anime movie news:

Currently in development is Cowboy Bebop. It's set for release( according to IMDB) in 2011. Unconfirmed, but disheartening none the less, is this tidbit: Keanu Reeves has expressed interest in the role of Spike.

Fire away!

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

i never really liked dragonball also when they power up and stuff it sounds like there trying to take a fat dump

OP
aika

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I actually wouldn't mind if the people looked completely different (except goku) as long as the plot and general things about the anime were kept the same.

I have in mind: flight, super saiyan, goku not being human, abnormal strength / resistance to damage, giant rapid-fire energy blast skirmishes that never do much but look cool.

Or even if this is based off dragonball and not dragonball z, they could give goku a tail, and his extendo-quarterstaff of death, and they could still get in energy blasts and stuff.

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score

Currently in development is Cowboy Bebop. It's set for release( according to IMDB) in 2011. Unconfirmed, but disheartening none the less, is this tidbit: Keanu Reeves has expressed interest in the role of Spike.
Unconfirmed, but disheartening none the less, is this tidbit: Keanu Reeves has expressed interest in the role of Spike.
Keanu Reeves has expressed interest in the role of Spike.
Keanu Reeves has expressed interest in the role of Spike.
Keanu Reeves

While this angers me... they better not mess with my Trigun... Heads will roll...

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

While this angers me... they better not mess with my Trigun... Heads will roll...
I agree. If Hollywood messes with Trigun, they're as good as dead

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Meh, I hate trigun so I couldn't really care less

Dragonball I at least had a fleeting interest in when I was younger

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

This is why live action movies based on anime should only be left to Japan.

OP
aika

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Or me.