What's new

Dragonball Evolution

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: Dragonball Evolution

I've never had any interest in anything Dragon Ball related so I'm not affected by this news like I can imagine some must be. But in the spirit of all fans of any game, anime, book or other such thing harmed by horrible movie conversions, I can understand their pain.

I've never watched a full or unedited episode of Dragon Ball, but even I can see the failings in this trailer alone. I looks like any other flashy film adaptation, generalising and watering down everything the fans would want. Character personalitys warped, misinterperated, and plain ignored. That's what I prdict. I could watch it, but that's only because I don't have a liking for the series and wouldn't see the fault in most of the creative butchery that is no doubt in there. Maybe I'm being over zealous against flim adaptions, but I'm basing this on experience and little bits of news I've heard about this already. Why make an anime conversion at all, if the only people who will be able to watch it and be content are non fans? Where's the market in that?

It's redeeming point, might be that at least they seem to have put some effort in making a decent film, abielt one I highly doubt will be aprieciated by those it really matters to. As any other film, no one would kick a fuss. They'd like it or they wouldn't. At least they didn't randomly change Bulma's gender like another such conversion did to a major character. It could be worse. Really.

OP
aika

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

For the benefit of people like Unknown Squid, a great example of Dragonball Z's amazing voice acting and animation.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-iaQHoCc32U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-iaQHoCc32U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tomoe

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not because I thought that was pretty lame.

OP
aika

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I. CAN. DO. THIS. UGH.

protip: sarcasm.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o0pQPJXV_oM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o0pQPJXV_oM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

THE BALLS ARE INERT.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Now I ask myself: Why did I like this anime again?

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I. CAN. DO. THIS. UGH.

protip: sarcasm.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6cS18yG8DJI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6cS18yG8DJI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

THE BALLS ARE INERT.
Fix'd. :cool:

Last edited:

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Just an FYI, the guy who played Piccolo in the US dub (guy in the YES YES YES/Balls are inert videos posted above) once fainted while recording the voice because of the large amount of yelling involved.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Just an FYI, the guy who played Piccolo in the US dub (guy in the YES YES YES/Balls are inert videos posted above) once fainted while recording the voice because of the large amount of yelling involved.
Did the Japanese Dragon Ball series even have that much yelling?

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

LINK. NAO.
I know it's episode 8, and it's really Oolong in the shape of Bulma (looks EXACTLY like her, though). I just can't find one that's in Japanese on the computer I have access to. Plus, I know she shows fanservice in other episodes as well, I just can't remember the ones.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

you know, i think brendan fraser would have made a really good goku.

it breaks your mind until you think about it.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Better than the guy they picked, at the very least.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

but when you think about it, he has a decent enough musculature, and he can pull off the slightly less than serious nature of goku's character. i think he's aging a little much for it by now though.

OP
aika

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I know it's episode 8, and it's really Oolong in the shape of Bulma (looks EXACTLY like her, though). I just can't find one that's in Japanese on the computer I have access to. Plus, I know she shows fanservice in other episodes as well, I just can't remember the ones.
Shame. I'll have to remember that for the next time I see downloadable episodes of dragonball.

I know there's the part that she pulls up her dress but you don't get to see anything.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I know there's the part that she pulls up her dress but you don't get to see anything.
Ah yes, the day she 'forgot' to wear panties. How does one forget that anyways?

dogstile

Lurker
Reputation score

not being a fan of dragonball myself (got into the first series, then kinda didn't bother) my only comment is that the girl at 0:52 looked plasticy

edit: fuck, i forgot

100 POST WOO!

*goes back to calm collected state*

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I am a smexy demon. OMg Yay.... I am already have this many posts in what 3 weeks? Dammit I am addicted. And my soul keeps dieing when I visit this thread...

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Shame. I'll have to remember that for the next time I see downloadable episodes of dragonball.

I had most of the RAW DB episodes on an old Laptop, but it was a Sony Vaio Craptop, and dieded. I didn't have a flash stick to save to at the time, either :(

I know that all the scenes in the English dubs where she 'flashes', you actually saw something in the RAW ones.

I dunno about the subs. Depends on the subber, I guess.

And if they're gonna fuck with Dragonball series, they need to cast Jackie Chan and Will Smith as Goku and Vegeta :p