What's new

[WIP - Full] [Dropped] RJ171282 Hitozuma Elf no Orusuban

Neluor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
EDIT:
Translation is dead. At least I won't be working on it anymore, maybe somebody else picks it up.
The link provided is a patch that has the first five scenes with the old man translated, which I made years ago now. It's an MTL rewrite.
Items and some other minor stuff is translated too, so it serves as a partial I guess.

DLsite J:
DLsite E:
Thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/erufunoo-rj171282.8059/

Progress: Dropped (05/51)

Download: mega.nz/#!3kpCEAaR!rzWUIfmT0u3WeKwsRFahkiS7rybxJq9AqzteSMy5dzQ

Last edited:

Bamioum

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: RJ171282 Hitozuma Elf no Orusuban

Remember playing this a couple months back. Was pretty good so a translation is much appreciated!

mark21800

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So someone has finally cracked the mystery of how to translate MV game.

Key'

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Sick. Good job, can't wait :)!

vladislav4

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sweet, even though the game's simple enough that I managed to 100% it back then, a full translation would be much appreciated. From what I can gather the story doesn't seem to take itself seriously, so I'm looking forward to seeing how silly it really is.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

great start on the translation :)

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thats a awesome job.. looking forward to the rest ;-)

OP
Neluor

Neluor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So someone has finally cracked the mystery of how to translate MV game.
It's practically the same thing as translating XP/VX/VXAce games. Nothing complicated.

I forgot to mention, the scenes in the current version are the opening scene and all four scenes with the old man. I also recommend moving your save folder to a backup folder, as the game uses a global save file, so if you use your already played game, it's very likely you miss atleast the translated tutorial sequences, since they only appear once.
Also this version has the kokeshi doll next to your bed always available, used to decrease MP. It's there so you can just go through the old man scenes, without having to view or spoil(if that's still possible) the other untranslated scenes, as they need for you to have a low MP at the 3rd one.

Cheddy413

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's practically the same thing as translating XP/VX/VXAce games. Nothing complicated.
Mind if I ask where your avatar is from?

Edit: Figured I might mention that it's greatly appreciated that you are translating stuff. Wish there were more people doing it. Thanks!

ChanceXD`

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just necroing this after seeing some pics of it from Etory on another thread.

OP
Neluor

Neluor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just necroing this after seeing some pics of it from Etory on another thread.
I'm a bit confused. I've looked the thread up you mentioned and saw the screenshots. Did Etory pick this game up and worked on a translation? Was he already translating it before I posted this thread? Because I'm pretty sure I atleast triple-checked, whether there was already a translation going on, before I picked it up.
It also seems he had stuff translated I haven't done yet, so it would be quite useful to be able to use that.
I guess I'll PM him.

Regardless, you might be a professional necromancer (terrible joke), 'cause I was just thinking a few days back, that I should finish this project up before working too much on another project (not a translation).
So the plan atleast right now is to work on this and finish it up. And I gotta admit I haven't been working on it this whole time so... I don't want to make any promises or estimates.

ChanceXD`

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm a bit confused. I've looked the thread up you mentioned and saw the screenshots. Did Etory pick this game up and worked on a translation? Was he already translating it before I posted this thread? Because I'm pretty sure I atleast triple-checked, whether there was already a translation going on, before I picked it up.
It also seems he had stuff translated I haven't done yet, so it would be quite useful to be able to use that.
I guess I'll PM him.

Regardless, you might be a professional necromancer (terrible joke), 'cause I was just thinking a few days back, that I should finish this project up before working too much on another project (not a translation).
So the plan atleast right now is to work on this and finish it up. And I gotta admit I haven't been working on it this whole time so... I don't want to make any promises or estimates.
I'm pretty sure Etory dropped it so he could work on Mirielle - Medichine & Magic but you could probably ask him for those translated scenes and maybe more that he/she translated that you haven't yet.

And yeah I kinda have some sort of knack for it XD. There's no pressure on you to get it done at specific time, I'm just happy that it isn't completely on dead.

OP
Neluor

Neluor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure Etory dropped it so he could work on Mirielle - Medichine & Magic but you could probably ask him for those translated scenes and maybe more that he/she translated that you haven't yet.

And yeah I kinda have some sort of knack for it XD. There's no pressure on you to get it done at specific time, I'm just happy that it isn't completely on dead.
Yeah, I asked him (her? Did I just assume the gender wrongly?! TRIGGERED ...nvm you did it too partially).
Waiting for the reply, depending on how much Etory translated and whether he lets me use it, I might save myself a lot of time.

The translation was never dead (maybe the thread kind of), I just wanted to learn some basic Japanese before getting back to the translation, so I could actually learn something translating this... well that didn't happen so... I'm so lazy and I don't know where to start learning Japanese, but maybe I'll start now.

ChanceXD`

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Why do we live in such a pc world :p and fingers crossed for that reply!

Better to try and fail than to not try at all (I suck at cheering people up lol)

SimplyDex

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hello, was wondering if the translation is still going on?

bikeshsth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If anyone got the game pm me the link.

OP
Neluor

Neluor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello, was wondering if the translation is still going on?
Maybe?
I did continue working a bit on this translation when I said I would, which was at the end of February apparently, but then exams came around and I had to focus on those.
I was planning to get back to it after them, but just didn't, because I'm so lazy.

I really want to see this game translated, so maybe once I'll find the motivation again to work on it, I'll do it, but I wouldn't count on my lazy ass.
So if anybody wants to pick the translation up or maybe collaborate with me on this to speed things up, that would be great.

But yeah asking about it is probably the best way to motivate me...

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Maybe?
I did continue working a bit on this translation when I said I would, which was at the end of February apparently, but then exams came around and I had to focus on those.
I was planning to get back to it after them, but just didn't, because I'm so lazy.

I really want to see this game translated, so maybe once I'll find the motivation again to work on it, I'll do it, but I wouldn't count on my lazy ass.
So if anybody wants to pick the translation up or maybe collaborate with me on this to speed things up, that would be great.

But yeah asking about it is probably the best way to motivate me...
Go, go!
Translating is so much fun!