What's new

*DUMPERS, MOD RESPONSE* What's with mass spam threads?

johnkane

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: *DUMPERS, MOD RESPONSE* What's with mass spam threads?

so basically you guys want proof that the game has nothing to do with making money? so as long as my threads contain enough information on each game. I can share games with everyone on this site, provided the game doesn't already exist on this site correct?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Pretty much, yeah. You really haven't done anything wrong and consistently show that you want to be a strong part of this community but there's several reasons for abundance of information about games, and it's not just laziness and ungratefulness on the side of the users.

blackraven1425

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well that "have at least 15 posts to post links" idea may have a possible flaw to it that could make it easy for them to circumvent that limitation but it's probably best not to mention that in here in case they don't already know about it and I don't want to be giving them ideas. If you want me to pm you that flaw, tell me.
Having 15 posts to create threads, while also having 15 to post links, cleans up the thread listing (the most obvious sign of a spammer's presence here is that they post 30 threads at once), even though responses to existing threads still have the flaw you're talking about. Another solution to the create threads problem is only being allowed to create threads so often - i.e. create a thread only once per hour, or day, before a user reaches a number of posts. 15 posts to PM keeps them out of there, too - it's really easy to fly under the radar in a section of the service moderators don't have regular access to.

For the responses to threads loophole, if you get flagged a certain number of times (say, 3) in the first 5/10/15 posts, or thereafter in 4-5 out of 5/10, you could be disabled automagically. The ratios are going to be something that would need some research into your particular situation, but the concept is there. I can tell you that automatic disables of this kind are seriously helpful in stemming these problems from a significant body of experience (not of forums in particular, but in other social services).

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

so.. these dumpers use a dl site that pays you when someone downloads your file?

can someone name a couple of these sites for me? just so i know what to avoid, also, Ker, maker of the harem game was looking for a site that could pay him when people download the game he made (not such a bad thing is it? considering that is costs us nothing. unlike using dlsite or something)

at the moment he's using "filefactory" but they have the minor problem of never actually fucking working, so if these dumper site work as intended we could have actual game makers using them, instead of just spammers.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

The only site I know of is Addfly, which is not a site in itself, but a way of sharing links, which means you can use whichever file-sharing site the person wants... I think. I've never used it and don't know much about it, but it's the one I notice most often in dumper threads.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Johnkane, you are using a paid per download website to host all of your stuff. If the mod did not vouch for you, I would say that you were a dumper almost unquestionably because your descriptions suck to the point that you look the part of a dumper almost exactly.

Saying that you do not know of a site to host your things to make money off of is just absurd. All you have to do is look at the place you are uploading all your trash at.

Hentar

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Somebody just neg-repped me for being a dumper. I wish I could sock them in the head.

Edit:

Somebody just repped me to off-set the neg-rep. Whoever you are, you're awesome. lol

Last edited:

johnkane

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Johnkane, you are using a paid per download website to host all of your stuff. If the mod did not vouch for you, I would say that you were a dumper almost unquestionably because your descriptions suck to the point that you look the part of a dumper almost exactly.

Saying that you do not know of a site to host your things to make money off of is just absurd. All you have to do is look at the place you are uploading all your trash at.

you mean this site: or this one .
pretty sure you can't make money off of either those sites by file sharing.
hmm...my rating went up from two red bars to one.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Though this hardly has anything to do with this thread, this forum is seeing an increase of newly registered users necro-bumping threads with dead links. I'm not sure if this is annoying anyone or not but it's still something to point out.

Last edited:

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Though this hardly has anything to do with this thread, this forum is seeing an increase of newly registered users necro-bumping threads with dead links. I'm not sure if this is annoying anyone or not but it's still something to point out.
Either someone will find fresh links for them, or they won't. Not much to it outside of that, assuming all they're doing is asking for fresh links.
Now if they're just spamming like assholes with nothing relevant to the thread, that'd be a different story, I think.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I can't really fault them due to the MU takedown, which is why I've been kind of allowing it. It's really annoying and I only really delete them when their message is typed retardedly/really rude. So something like, "link down someone reupload" would make me delete it immediately.

Obsidious

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I can't really fault them due to the MU takedown, which is why I've been kind of allowing it. It's really annoying and I only really delete them when their message is typed retardedly/really rude. So something like, "link down someone reupload" would make me delete it immediately.
Though seeing an old thread, clicking on it and realizing that there is nothing of relevance is just a minor nuisance that lasts for five seconds. If someone indeed posts a new link, more than just the person that asked for it may appreciate it. If the question - and I do agree that it should be an actual, polite question - remains unanswered, the thread will quickly move down again anyway.

tryguy

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well, looks like Rapidgator is gone for good.

There was some talk two months ago that PalPal stopped doing business with them, and at the time they gave it a month, and if no change happened, then they'd close their doors (this was from a thread on TorrentFreak).

Well, I guess their plan went to plan and as of about yesterday, their site's been off-line. I was actually using them to download stuff, but... I guess we can scratch them links...

Edit: Well, this isn't quite right. The PayPal issue was bypassed. This new issue is between them and their hosts. Seems like they can't pay their bills or so. They might be back, but probs not.

Edit2: Forget this then. Seems like they're moving hosts and will be back. Crappy service is crappy, anyway.

Last edited: