What's new

RPG [DW Soft] Gears Freak (RJ156965)

someguy1212

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Gears Freak

Damn =\ This is gonna be like the situation with RJ139133. I was seriously looking forward to this one. Just another game to wait for I guess.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

The release date was changed to mid July.
Well, at least that confirms the author is still alive .- . Also they finally put up the expected price for it (1500-1800 yen)

...slightly hoped for a bit more content in trial as apology :v but oh well

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I feel like I must be doing something wrong, cause I can't get pass the first boss at all.

Even with many attempts, trying different skills and strategies, I never even came close. Most of the time I'm lucky if I even get a hit in. Do I need to do a lot of grinding or something? Level 4 atm. Or am I just missing something obvious?

Other then that, this game seems really interesting. Just wish I could of seen more of the trial...

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

I feel like I must be doing something wrong, cause I can't get pass the first boss at all.

Even with many attempts, trying different skills and strategies, I never even came close. Most of the time I'm lucky if I even get a hit in. Do I need to do a lot of grinding or something? Level 4 atm. Or am I just missing something obvious?

Other then that, this game seems really interesting. Just wish I could of seen more of the trial...
If it's the white hair, then you're not supposed to win.

Walk back into the building and look around, next to one of the fountain should be a red arrow.

Inspect that and a green hair should show up.

So the next time you go into VR, she'll walk in on the guy trying to rig the program, and beat him up for it.

This will turn the boss into a slower ogre instead of the guy.

Though afterward the next time you use VR from his room he'll mention having already made an extra backdoor just in case like this.

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

If it's the white hair, then you're not supposed to win.

Walk back into the building and look around, next to one of the fountain should be a red arrow.

Inspect that and a green hair should show up.

So the next time you go into VR, she'll walk in on the guy trying to rig the program, and beat him up for it.

This will turn the boss into a slower ogre instead of the guy.

Though afterward the next time you use VR from his room he'll mention having already made an extra backdoor just in case like this.
So he was literally hacking! Thats actually pretty funny.

Thanks for your help.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

You CAN defeat him, btw.

Though you'll most likely have to cheat a bit.

Options include:
1. CheatEngine to freeze your HP, so regardless of how long the fight last he can't defeat you.

2. Grind yourself silly (or cheatengine the exp) so you have better stat (I think around lv 3 is when you start to damage him without equipping any extra gear)

3. This is more of a glitch, but jump over the little detector and you can just exit to the town. You will get port back anytime you touch the detector again but at least this way you can go grind/buy better gear to come back and fight.

As far as plot progression goes, it's roughly
Talk to guy at counter
Take VR test
If failed, comes out and check the fountain for green hair to show up

After clearing VR, you'll get the blue cloth and can exit to town
Optional: You can have the little girl show you the town's layout
At the Inn talk to the little girl and talk to the table with 3 guys

Go to the lord's house and talk to soldier
Come back to the girl
Go back to lord's house, talk to him inside
And now go clear the sewer (entrance NW of the inn, another one on the NE side of the map)

After you kill the rat boss you'll get the key, go back to the lord and that'll be the end of trial (you can still roam around, and the VR scene change)

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

o_O oh, apparently there's a new version of the trial:

Fix bugs
More difficulty adjustment
Add 'remedies' item?
Slightly change keyboard control
And a bit more data for the full version?

Though with all the changes, you can't use save file from older version on it.

Hentai no Echii

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Oh dang nice! I guess that's our compensation for the delayed release lol. Does it have new scenes?

EDIT
There seems to be new CG's on the background of the images in the Help folder.
More Hair color choices.
You can buy more moves from the man beside the witch.

Last edited:

MorkaelWasHere

Demon Girl
Reputation score

No.

I just found this thread since yesterday and tried out the game, it seemed fun and interesting.

There hasn't been any combat rape from the newest update from what I seen, Stood naked with orc and it just gropped even when entering with it fully naked. The slimes didn't do much either except cling to her body.

No other monsters seem to have any options even the rat boss doesn't do anything. Nothing happens on defeat minus the virtual world where white hair dude just molests you, but all I saw was gropping and nothing else with him. Someone mention him fingering her, but I never saw it.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

No.

I just found this thread since yesterday and tried out the game, it seemed fun and interesting.

There hasn't been any combat rape from the newest update from what I seen, Stood naked with orc and it just gropped even when entering with it fully naked. The slimes didn't do much either except cling to her body.

No other monsters seem to have any options even the rat boss doesn't do anything. Nothing happens on defeat minus the virtual world where white hair dude just molests you, but all I saw was gropping and nothing else with him. Someone mention him fingering her, but I never saw it.
The closest is get is with slime, where the it looks like it penetrate her if the panties is off (so vagina looks opened and if you leave it to rape her for a while, more slime spawn from her)

To get the fingering scene, you have to clear the trial :v so turn in the key and after that the VR chair should have the green arrow on it saying 'yo new scene avaialble'

:v That said, I hope in the full game the progress of training is based on actually losing in VR rather than story progression.

Unless I'm missing anything else, so far the addition in trial were:
More hair color
Changing eye color (default and black only)
More skills (another NPC left of the witch) for other weapon types
Different lineup of gears in the shops.

Last edited:

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

'. ' Oh, found something else.

In the inn, go top right and there'll be your room, go inside the bath, check the right basket to strip and check the green symbol for a small scene.

Sindeel

Demon Girl
Reputation score

the trial has some issues hooking the text and i doubt it will be easier when its out...

Longherin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Played through the demo some.

1. The keys are really janky...so yeah, if you want to play this well, do it with a controller like someone else said.
2. This is not built for RPG maker. there's a lot of lag and skipping, especially when things get interesting.

That being said, this is a promising game...so long as they can optimize it in the future versions.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Played through the demo some.

1. The keys are really janky...so yeah, if you want to play this well, do it with a controller like someone else said.
2. This is not built for RPG maker. there's a lot of lag and skipping, especially when things get interesting.

That being said, this is a promising game...so long as they can optimize it in the future versions.
1. There's Keyboard option which change the skills to buttons to 12345678...a more MMO options which frankly I still think is less ideal but makes using skills a lot less of a hassle.

2. The lag/skipping is because the game is loading new images, faster PC might be able to make it skip/lag less...and I believe the author plans to have an option to pre-load the images beforehand in full game (would cause it to use more memories but better run speed)

Longherin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

1. There's Keyboard option which change the skills to buttons to 12345678...a more MMO options which frankly I still think is less ideal but makes using skills a lot less of a hassle.

2. The lag/skipping is because the game is loading new images, faster PC might be able to make it skip/lag less...and I believe the author plans to have an option to pre-load the images beforehand in full game (would cause it to use more memories but better run speed)
1. I did not know that, thanks.

2. I know...I don't have a good grasp of what RPG maker's limitations are but I imagine that the problem doesn't lie with preloading. It feels like the game is running a lot of extra functions required for the game to play the way it does (like the transparency on trap tiles when you get close to them), and that causes the images to load slowly. That massive as balls cave map doesn't help either.

(I use Unity a lot and I've brought Unity (which I consider to be a stronger engine than RPG Maker) to its knees through bad update functions)

agagagas

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just letting everyone know that the game has not released yet.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

So...not sure if this is a good or bad sign.

But this just disappeared from DLSite's 'interested' ranking (more specifically, the 'all-time' one)

I think it means either:
1. The game is coming out tomorrow and DLSite simply took it down since it's no longer 'upcoming'

2. DLSite can't contact the author for X period of time so they assume it's on hiatus for now (then again, some of the game on that list is waaaaay older than this)

Or is it something else...

You can still visit its page via the link on 1st page, but this applies to all 'author disappeared' games (Shoujo @ Online...)

Then again...this happened before so maybe author is just updating the thing...well, whatever, something's happening and that's all that really matters :v

someguy1212

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So does anyone know what happened with the author and if this is still being worked on?