What's new

ADV Patreon Active RPG Maker [Dystopian Project] Claire's Quest

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Claire's Quest

Can't you put it by a cheat code? So it's not technically there, but it's there.
If the content is in the game, regardless of what it's locked behind, it's considered to be "there", really. :p

Kerlon

Demon Girl
Reputation score

maybe the way Roundscape Adorevia handled their shota content could help you:
With your female MC you get to visit an elf city and there she gets a scene with two elf boys, but since they are elves and age slower they were "adults" by human timemeasurement.
Thats the only "shota" scene in RSA sadly.

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I don't think any site that has issues with underage content cares about their fictional age..I mean 90% of the games on DLsite with a loli MC give some excuse for why they look like 9 years old but totally aren't.

stone147

Demon Girl
Reputation score

With your female MC you get to visit an elf city and there she gets a scene with two elf boys, but since they are elves and age slower they were "adults" by human timemeasurement.
I don't think any site that has issues with underage content cares about their fictional age..I mean 90% of the games on DLsite with a loli MC give some excuse for why they look like 9 years old but totally aren't.
Sounds like you just need a good excuse for the Shota/loli content:p

sudieken

Demon Girl
Reputation score

y'all are crazy. shota will get links banned here and on patreon. the threads for the game on LoK and fenoxo will get deleted entirely. too early for self-sabotage, fellas.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

One day, there will be a solution! One dayyyyy! :(

Apathy

Lurker
Reputation score

This actually wouldn't work in the US, at least. The absolute age is what matters, if it was to actually ever come up, not what species or how they experience time. Generally.

y'all are crazy. shota will get links banned here and on patreon. the threads for the game on LoK and fenoxo will get deleted entirely. too early for self-sabotage, fellas.
But this, basically.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It's a dilemma! I've always wondered how A Zombie's Life deals with it, really. That's probably the most mainstream example.

Apathy

Lurker
Reputation score

It's a self moderation thing and is entirely up to whoever is running or moderating the sites. I can't think of any recent events where shota-like content got a site in trouble, but it's not really something I pay attention to. Again, in the US at least, it's technically protected content because they aren't real images, but the laws vary from state-to-state so I think it's the risk that some local DA or sheriff will get bored and start fucking with people that scares some site owners.

- Also some people see it as a moral issue; it is certainly as divisive as one.

Last edited:

xpyke

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Maybe you can put it inside the game but lock the content to a downloadable key, at the start of the game you check if the key is present, if it is, you unlock the content.

So it will not be on the game, you need a separate download to unlock it. It will still be technically there, but there's no way to access without going to a 3rd site and downloading the extra content.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Maybe you can put it inside the game but lock the content to a downloadable key, at the start of the game you check if the key is present, if it is, you unlock the content.

So it will not be on the game, you need a separate download to unlock it. It will still be technically there, but there's no way to access without going to a 3rd site and downloading the extra content.
Someone already suggested that - if it's inside the game, locked or not, it's still considered to be there. The only viable option is just not having it.

thedoc90

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It's a dilemma! I've always wondered how A Zombie's Life deals with it, really. That's probably the most mainstream example.
They just don't really address it IMO.

If it came up they'd say, "yup 18. He's a high school senior" and leave it at that.

thedoc90

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

They just don't really address it IMO.

If it came up they'd say, "yup 18. He's a high school senior" and leave it at that.
Also you've got plenty of agency. You're working with a fantasy setting right? Set it to an 8 month calendar. Don't define the amount of days in the month so if anything came up you could say "I don't know." Then internally keep it similar to ours. Now 12 years = 18 years. sure this'll probably make Claire like 35 according to in game info but that's fine too.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Straight shota struggles aside, here is the public release of 0.8.1 guys!

A full changelog can be found on the Patreon page. In the meantime, enjoy!

thisandthat

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Y'know, I love the game and I love the potential of the game, but the CGs, man...where are the CGs? :(
Also, I find it odd that you can't charm the gate guards in the prologue with some sexytime to get into the refugee camp. I mean, that's a very good opportunity for a naughty event. Also, can you make it so the dying guy doesn't just keel over after you talk to him once? Also, I just realized that's quite a bit of alsos...also.
Could be fun to have a 'falling into darkness' thing too, given how you can use seduction to get what you want. Why not a path where Claire turns into an empress who use seduction to get to the top? I don't think I've seen too many games with that kind of setup. Not where the heroine is completely willing to get down and dirty and still retain a very strong personality, anyway. Oftentimes I see either an innocent royalty who's pushed into it or just a bimbo sex addict of a queen.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Y'know, I love the game and I love the potential of the game, but the CGs, man...where are the CGs? :(
On the computers of the artists who've been commissioned to draw them, not yet finished. Art takes time.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Also, I find it odd that you can't charm the gate guards in the prologue with some sexytime to get into the refugee camp. I mean, that's a very good opportunity for a naughty event. Also, can you make it so the dying guy doesn't just keel over after you talk to him once? Also, I just realized that's quite a bit of alsos...also.
Could be fun to have a 'falling into darkness' thing too, given how you can use seduction to get what you want. Why not a path where Claire turns into an empress who use seduction to get to the top? I don't think I've seen too many games with that kind of setup. Not where the heroine is completely willing to get down and dirty and still retain a very strong personality, anyway. Oftentimes I see either an innocent royalty who's pushed into it or just a bimbo sex addict of a queen.
The CGs were delayed for a long time due to artist problems, and on the request of the majority of players I pursued the rest of game development independently while waiting. Now, artwork is back, at a rate of 2-3 CGs per month, but obviously it has some catching up to do. Nevertheless, over 50% of scenes have artwork now, which is pretty nice!

You can't charm the guards at the front of the Refugee Camp because your stats are so low. ;) The idea is that as your stats get higher, they unlock more options. It's meant to convey that if you can't use your stats, you need money.

Some parts of the game I make hard or one-time on purpose. That way there's way more replayability. I understand it does get annoying if you're aiming for a very specific playthrough though!

And there is indeed a questline where she seduces her way to the top as a dark empress type. In fact, all of the questlines have Claire get to the top in a different way, you'll just have to wait and see how it turns out!

nrevolve

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hi Architect, I just wondering, with 0.8.1 out, do we need to start over again to gain the CGs?

And another thing that i might be curious is, are you purposely not including CG from different saves? I mean some RPGmaker remembers the CG from other saves (e.g. save01 has A route, save02 has B route, but the CG recollection contains all the CG from Save01 and 02),is it because you want ppl to play one route at a time?

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The gallery is works by having one active switch for each scene you successfully unlock. Starting a new game obviously resets it, but previous saves should memorize scenes just fine!

thisandthat

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Cool. By the version number, will the game be finished soon?