What's new

ADV Patreon Active RPG Maker [Dystopian Project] Claire's Quest

Dalurker

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Claire's Quest

so, if I am reading this right...the current end of the game is after the boat trip?

Because I was just enjoying myself and doing stuff and I just arrive at an empty town and nothing else works, there's one dude to talk to and that's it.

Still, what I saw so far is veeeery interesting, looking forward to more. :cool:

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Yes, after you get to the Isles with one out of four ways (and each way puts you in a different place on the Isles) the game's content is essentially spent. More content will come in a matter of days, probably.

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Been following this thread for a while now; nice to see this project's turned into a collab :). Will continue to intently follow your progress.

Also, I'd like to get behind what thswherizat proposed. Leaving potential shota stuff to an 'EXTRA' patch/DLC for the base game is how I imagined things should go if any developers were to consider such content (which I'd have to say would do well in improving scene diversity).

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Please lots of shota and I may consider even paying for it.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

That's basically our plan for now. We'll get the game more or less complete, then do an addon for all the more questionable content.

Last edited:

zombieparrot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This game is dope af. Only just heard of it. Wish I could have tried the version before you ported to MV

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Man, I'm late to the party (As usual) But I gotta say, i'm really glad you're still working on this game.

+Pledged

horous

Reputation score

is it just my game? the cgs dont appear at all, just a blank screen with text.

edit: nvm jus read the thread.

Last edited:

Dalurker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

is it just my game? the cgs dont appear at all, just a blank screen with text.
Somebody correct me if I am wrong but there are no CG for the time being in the present version of the game. There might be in the future, but not now with the current build.

Still a good game for the text and progression alone.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Download for 0.4.2:

This version adds all the CG for the Refugee Camp scenes only, activates the Gallery for said scenes, adds three new scenes to Hookton (currently text-only), and implements a couple of bugfixes.

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Download for 0.4.2:

This version adds all the CG for the Refugee Camp scenes only, activates the Gallery for said scenes, adds three new scenes to Hookton (currently text-only), and implements a couple of bugfixes.
Holy crap, the art is amazing. There's a lot of detail in the scenes that now have CGs. I really hope you can keep it up, because this is definitely earning a spot in my h-game folder.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Holy crap, the art is amazing. There's a lot of detail in the scenes that now have CGs. I really hope you can keep it up, because this is definitely earning a spot in my h-game folder.
Isn't it? JiangShi does work his 9 to 5 as a professional graphics designer, so I'm very fortunate to have him working on my team! You can check out more of his work on HentaiFoundry too!

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I can decide if I'm happy with you or angry. I need sleep badly, but now I see an update on your game... Hmm how do I respond?

Guess I'll just say thanks! :p

Kerlon

Demon Girl
Reputation score

finally a great western RPG, with a lot of choices and RPG elements. The art is amazing aswell, keep it up!

do you plan to implement CG on every scene? because that would mean alot of work for your artist (not that I would regret that :))

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

finally a great western RPG, with a lot of choices and RPG elements. The art is amazing aswell, keep it up!

do you plan to implement CG on every scene? because that would mean alot of work for your artist (not that I would regret that :))
Yes, we plan to include CG into every single scene. And yes, that does mean a whole lot of work. Everyone on board is just doing this as a hobby - a passionate hobby, to be sure, but we just spend what spare time we can on it. Because we both do hold full-time jobs in the actual mainstream video games industry, we're limited in the time we can devote to Claire's Quest but do what we can to ensure quick releases. The hope is that we can someday raise enough on Patreon to justify hiring JiangShi full-time for literally one day out of the week. That one day is enough for him to complete a huge amount of work because he's an incredibly efficient worker.

philjd

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

version 4.2

couple of game breakers possibly

1) tried the pass route - ended up on the ship, with 1 dose of food, 1 dose of water - no way to interact with anything other than the bed, which would not let me rest even though she had the hp's. Nothing happened.... I assume that is either the end of the this version or something broke...?
2) tried entering via the back woods (50sp route) - arrived in the village, but, trapped by terrain at the entry - cannnot actually get into the village, nor out as that is blocked by the rogue character??

Other than that - i had almost given up on this game - well done on the update - love the art :)

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

version 4.2

couple of game breakers possibly

1) tried the pass route - ended up on the ship, with 1 dose of food, 1 dose of water - no way to interact with anything other than the bed, which would not let me rest even though she had the hp's. Nothing happened.... I assume that is either the end of the this version or something broke...?
2) tried entering via the back woods (50sp route) - arrived in the village, but, trapped by terrain at the entry - cannnot actually get into the village, nor out as that is blocked by the rogue character??

Other than that - i had almost given up on this game - well done on the update - love the art :)
I basically said most of this and a few more things in PMs because I didn't want to give anything away to other players. But good catch on the pay to get through route, I hadn't checked that part yet.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Several bugs have been brought to my attention including but not limited to:

- Pathing issue in the forest where the Herbalist is.
- I removed the tree blocking you from entering the village if you got to Hookton via the Old Smuggler's route.
- Fixed the issue with being stuck on the image when performing a striptease for the Mean Refugee with high enough Seduction.

I've fixed this, but also decided to do a quickfix patch to flesh out the prologue paths. Take note the 0.4.2 version ends in the Isles and there's nothing else to do there.

Giruurk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Where's the bugfix for that? I just got the game from the link on the OP.