What's new

ACT Shota [ excess m ] ONE - SYOTA : Kariyume / [おねショタACT] 狩人の夢守る旅 (RE117304) (RJ117304)

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Now you can tell how fabulous Unity compression is compared to 20+ year-old engines 🙈🙊

Untamed

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Right. But each is larger than their respective game. Kariyume is only ~500MB, but the translation is sitting at 983MB, nearly double the size of the full game.
That may be due to it also containing backups

Reputation score
That may be due to it also containing backups
This is exactly why.
The .bak files are the original, unmodified files, aside from the extension change.
The translated ones are a bit larger than the original, but only by minute amounts.

Reputation score
I'll be joining mces in tackling the translation of these games.

No ETA yet, but collaborating should help speed things along; I've also got a bit of OCD so I'm going through and fixing the bit-depth on all of the changed text boxes (to restore that pinkish color) and getting text centered in a consistent manner across all boxes. I'm also switching the font to something that still maintains high legibility and simplicity, but has an ever-so slightly " translated manga" look to it. I think it fits with the game's UI a bit better than what we have now.

I'll also apply a patch that fixes fullscreen to both games, and a patch to ONESYOTA that isn't on the DLsite copy with bugfixes for two enemies, and an adjusted Game Over timer to give you a few moments to read the fourth text box upon defeat. By default the timer is so short I doubt anyone can read it--no matter the language.

Anyways, while I'm here, do we prefer "Big Sister" and "Look/See" or "Oneesan" and "Hora"? I prefer the latter, but I know I may not be the majority.
I don't only mean for these words, either. Ara, Sensei, adding "-kun" to the end of Shota (the protagonist of ONESYOTA is literally named that), etc...

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I'll be joining mces in tackling the translation of these games.

No ETA yet, but collaborating should help speed things along; I've also got a bit of OCD so I'm going through and fixing the bit-depth on all of the changed text boxes (to restore that pinkish color) and getting text centered in a consistent manner across all boxes. I'm also switching the font to something that still maintains high legibility and simplicity, but has an ever-so slightly " translated manga" look to it. I think it fits with the game's UI a bit better than what we have now.

I'll also apply a patch that fixes fullscreen to both games, and a patch to ONESYOTA that isn't on the DLsite copy with bugfixes for two enemies, and an adjusted Game Over timer to give you a few moments to read the fourth text box upon defeat. By default the timer is so short I doubt anyone can read it--no matter the language.

Anyways, while I'm here, do we prefer "Big Sister" and "Look/See" or "Oneesan" and "Hora"? I prefer the latter, but I know I may not be the majority.
I don't only mean for these words, either. Ara, Sensei, adding "-kun" to the end of Shota (the protagonist of ONESYOTA is literally named that), etc...
I prefer the Japanese words. It's like crewmate vs Nakama, yeah I should be using crewmate but I've been living with Nakama for 20 years now lol.

eatthemuffin

Reputation score
Yeah, I'd prefer using the Japanese words in cases like those. Especially when there isn't a quick and easy English equivalent, like the -kun honorific. (MGQ was a good game but having one of the characters call the protagonist "Luka-boy" felt way more awkward than just having all the -san's and -kun's would've been.)

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
That's just poor translation work, we do have equivalents in English, though aside from sir or miss they aren't used very often.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
That's just poor translation work, we do have equivalents in English, though aside from sir or miss they aren't used very often.
One of the problem is more about "one size fits all" type of translation that ignore contexts. Then there are uses of honorifics that doesn't translate well into most other languages.

Reputation score
I also share this sentiment to a degree, which is why I find myself conflicted on the matter.
On the other hand, I've found myself consuming enough of this material that some of it reads more naturally for me than its translated counterpart.

Perhaps I'll stick to a mix, keeping the "ara"s and "hora"s, whilst translating "big sister" and dropping honorifics as a whole.
As of now, I've been leaving everything I just mentioned prior in its Japanese version, considering the prior two posts...
But I might go back later. We'll see what looks best.

Anyways, while I'm here, I'll drop to fix fullscreen in both of these games. Just drop it in your game's directory, the same as you would with the files Mces provided.

Triplebrc

Reputation score
I also share this sentiment to a degree, which is why I find myself conflicted on the matter.
On the other hand, I've found myself consuming enough of this material that some of it reads more naturally for me than its translated counterpart.
I gotta say that I prefer the japanese words. The japanese words can have a vastly different meaning than the English versions of it, Oneesan for example is a rather broad term that is freely used for pretty much any older girl someone has some kind of relationship with, hell even for girls someone just casually knows, while anyone using big sister always produces the image of incest in my mind in this context because in the west we simply do not refer to non relatives as sisters or brothers unless they are actually blood related or they are REALLY damn close friends. Translating stuff like hora or ara always just makes the text sound weird as well, and many of the bigger translations for well known games also kept them in like that.

donnydicknose

Reputation score
Hey there,
translation of the h scenes is pretty much done .... FOR BOTH GAMES ^^.
Few captions did not fit with scene yet and few writing errors. . .
It's really not finished yet storywhise, but I shared their current stage anyhow since I can't work on them right now.

just put those files inside your game folder. I would recommend for you to make a backup folder tho. . .
have fun
Are you translating the base version of Kariyume or the patched version with the 3 extra characters?

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Right. But each is larger than their respective game. Kariyume is only ~500MB, but the translation is sitting at 983MB, nearly double the size of the full game.
I'm a bit late to this conversation due to my old computer's hard drive dying and having to wait nearly a month to get my new one but....

Once upon a time I looked in to how to mod these games to see if I could do some machine translation. Unfortunately, what I found was that all these speech bubbles that pop up in battle are images. Therefore, in order to translate the game, you'd either need to be able to read Japanese or get mixed results from an image translator.

Since it's using FF, each enemy in the game is treated separate, like how if you were programming a fighting game, each character is its own separate data file. Therefore, you'd have to get a special program capable of modding Fighter Factory and extract the assets from each enemy, translate the word bubbles, and then replace them back into the enemy's data file AS AN IMAGE FILE. That's why with how the translation is currently in its WIP state, the translated word bubbles are in a slightly different color than the original. Same with the main menu in Oneesyota.

fortunatly i do not have the patched version :/
I THINK I might have the patch lying around. Lemme know if this is or isn't it.

-Deleted-

Last edited:

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
I'm a bit late to this conversation due to my old computer's hard drive dying and having to wait nearly a month to get my new one but....

Once upon a time I looked in to how to mod these games to see if I could do some machine translation. Unfortunately, what I found was that all these speech bubbles that pop up in battle are images. Therefore, in order to translate the game, you'd either need to be able to read Japanese or get mixed results from an image translator.

Since it's using FF, each enemy in the game is treated separate, like how if you were programming a fighting game, each character is its own separate data file. Therefore, you'd have to get a special program capable of modding Fighter Factory and extract the assets from each enemy, translate the word bubbles, and then replace them back into the enemy's data file AS AN IMAGE FILE. That's why with how the translation is currently in its WIP state, the translated word bubbles are in a slightly different color than the original. Same with the main menu in Oneesyota.

I THINK I might have the patch lying around. Lemme know if this is or isn't it.

Your file is missing EG14 and EG15

EDIT: Turns out it's a multi-file update patch.

Last edited:
Reputation score

Perhaps I'll stick to a mix, keeping the "ara"s and "hora"s, whilst translating "big sister" and dropping honorifics as a whole.
As of now, I've been leaving everything I just mentioned prior in its Japanese version, considering the prior two posts...
But I might go back later. We'll see what looks best.

Anyways, while I'm here, I'll drop to fix fullscreen in both of these games. Just drop it in your game's directory, the same as you would with the files Mces provided.
When translating the game instead of translating oneesan as "big sister" translate it as "Ladies" instead.
Oneesan isn't just the word used for family.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Disagree. Oneesan and oneechan are tropes at this point and they typically used in this fashion, especially when you're talking about big sister or big brother fetishes. It's very similar to how "daddy" is used here in the west, often with a fetish context, regardless of any sort of biological relationship between the two people.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
You darned "KeEpInG ThE BloOdLInE PuRe" people.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Well this is what happens when you don't

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
That's something so far out of context it might have been in the Bible.