What's new

ACT [ FoxEye] BLUE GUARDIAN: Margaret RE174661 RJ172028

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergejim

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Blue Guardian: Margaret

I cannot start the game I have a black window with some warning message.

I tried setting date format to jazp, keyboard to jap, region to jap and compatibility with xp, but with no success.

EDIT: NVM, I has to set the "default" to japanese, not just switch to japanese keyboard "on the fly"

Last edited:

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I cannot start the game I have a black window with some warning message.

I tried setting date format to jazp, keyboard to jap, region to jap and compatibility with xp, but with no success.

EDIT: NVM, I has to set the "default" to japanese, not just switch to japanese keyboard "on the fly"
thanks, will give it a try tonight

iotaku

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Such a pain to convert settings into Jap then back the Eng. Hope this circle fixes this :D

meiji14

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

First time I've created a torrent, but hopefully I did it right.
I don't want to link directly considering how quickly this game has been targeted. The torrent is on sukebei.nyaa and the torrent ID is 1972722

If that somehow gets taken down I'll give magnet URLs to whoever wants them.
Thanks bud, that worked.

As promised, I re-uploaded this here. Let me know if it works. Btw this is version 2.5.0.0 I believe. PM me a newer version if you'd like me have it upload somewhere else.

yadi.sk/d/bhNzJHpyqYveK

asdflolol

Reputation score

What do you do after you get the wall jump and get the lever working again?
Edit: nvm got it
Im stuck at the puzzle where there are 9 levers

Last edited:

username

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Someone mentioned the same problem to me before. I tried it on my second laptop and it worked well without the sav file. Seems like the ini file work on some computers and do fail on others. My guess is that the flags in ini may even varys under different computer environments. Only if one can decrypt the flag codes following ‘CLCT=’ in ini file then there may be a solution.
I tried a different computer today, one that has Windows 10 (my laptop is Windows 7). It still didn't work. That said, I did transfer the file over using a flash drive and had to spend time getting the Japanese language pack again to even play it at all, so I wonder if somewhere in that process, the bug happened. Or maybe I'm just unlucky with this game.

Would you (or anybody who could do this) be willing to share your whole file? The exe, ini, save files, all of it? I'm wondering if, somehow mixing the pieces from multiple computers (your ini, my everything else) is causing the problem.

(Also, I tried getting to the lizard boss on the other computer. Still didn't work.)

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Such a pain to convert settings into Jap then back the Eng. Hope this circle fixes this :D
Something like this seems more like a deliberate "fuck you" to western players than an engine limitation. I would think you would have to go out of your way to require something like the keyboard being in Japanese format.

Could be wrong though, not sure what engine they are using. But I don't recall ever seeing that as a requirement before, with any engine.

[email protected]

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I tried a different computer today, one that has Windows 10 (my laptop is Windows 7). It still didn't work. That said, I did transfer the file over using a flash drive and had to spend time getting the Japanese language pack again to even play it at all, so I wonder if somewhere in that process, the bug happened. Or maybe I'm just unlucky with this game.

Would you (or anybody who could do this) be willing to share your whole file? The exe, ini, save files, all of it? I'm wondering if, somehow mixing the pieces from multiple computers (your ini, my everything else) is causing the problem.

(Also, I tried getting to the lizard boss on the other computer. Still didn't work.)
mega.nz/#!5hdAwAxT!5tQWtsQCC6vTk3-DSKNehCxs3IPit2OcgILLES-gY4o

here u go
work in my 64bit win7 & win8 OS
not Japanese OS but installed a Japanese language package in windows update
use a software called locale emulator to run the game instead of changing the time zone and language
use Google Japanese input method
sav files are from ver 1.5

update:well down whistleblower, so quick
PM me if someone need the new link

Last edited:

Zafiro

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Welllll, fuck me.
I gave it yet another try today. Unzipped once more freshly with all computer settings in japanese and without save file.
All i did different was a speedrun and NO SAVING (not entering a single saving room til second boss) and look at that he appeared.

So for me: not dying and not saving helped to fix the bug.

Edit: "Statue Riddle"

If your overworld colors are green (2times) -> yellow -> blue
Then you have to do this specific order underwater. (the right statues in the right order)
Green -> blue -> yellow -> touch red (being on top of it in fact, no need to press a button i think, press c anyways to be sure)

So damn, if you cant read japenese you really gotta try every single combination, the only statue that is not needed in the trial and error is the color that is not on the overworld, so you need to try it up to 9 times! GL ;P
What do you mean ?
I'm stuck in the same riddle.

When you say overworld, do you mean in the surface ?

Well then i have this 2 Red block in the 1st shrine thingy with water and the second only 1 block in green .
What do i have to do, i am so confused!!
Also, do i have to shoot them down or destroy them with a missile ?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Nightera

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok you kill the general,run to the beginning...aaand?Game over???There is no other route to take so how the hell you can run away from explosion

NorfolkRUS

Reputation score

[email protected] Thank you, locale from GitHub SOLEVE proble with Warning message

mega.nz/#!5hdAwAxT!5tQWtsQCC6vTk3-DSKNehCxs3IPit2OcgILLES-gY4o

here u go
work in my 64bit win7 & win8 OS
not Japanese OS but installed a Japanese language package in windows update
use a software called locale emulator to run the game instead of changing the time zone and language
use Google Japanese input method
sav files are from ver 1.5

update:well down whistleblower, so quick

kouji71

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Has anyone found a save file for this yet?

Hawk999

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

What do you mean ?
I'm stuck in the same riddle.

When you say overworld, do you mean in the surface ?

Well then i have this 2 Red block in the 1st shrine thingy with water and the second only 1 block in green .
What do i have to do, i am so confused!!
Also, do i have to shoot them down or destroy them with a missile ?
Thank you in advance.
You dont have the same riddle i have. Its randomized.
You will need to shoot 3 statues in the "right order".
You have the color red and green in the overworld, yes, the area above the water part. There is a third color hidden between the 2 you mentioned! Its below the third pillar, shoot the ground to reveal it.
Add that third color to the colors you know.
The color that is missing is the color of the statue that must stay untouched by missiles.
Lets say the last color is blue. Then yellow is the only color that is missing. You go underwater, shoot blue, green and red statue in random orders, but keep in mind in which! One combination is the right one. Everytime you destroyed the 3 statues, go and touch the yellow >without< destroying it. If nothing happens, change screen so the satues reset and redo in a different order. Be careful, if you got the correct order, you must have enough air left to get back to a safe zone. (i had enough missiles to kill all lumias, that is handy)

Zafiro

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank you so very much !! This puzzle was driving me insane :D .

FinalDrake

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

For [email protected] Emulator for this i need a bit of help

I've gone through the steps of launching it with the emulator but it still keeps crashing after warning message.

here is how i have it setup, is it correct?

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You go underwater, shoot blue, green and red statue in random orders, but keep in mind in which! One combination is the right one.
It's not a random order... The plaque on the surface tells you which order to do it in, just read that.

[email protected]

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For [email protected] Emulator for this i need a bit of help

I've gone through the steps of launching it with the emulator but it still keeps crashing after warning message.

here is how i have it setup, is it correct?
I keep the default settings so yours seems to be the same with mine and should be fine. Did you switch your Input method to Japanese before running the game? Or you should even set Japanese input method as default according to experience of others, though I didn`t do that but still worked.

Last edited:

Pmir

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Someone mentioned the same problem to me before. I tried it on my second laptop and it worked well without the sav file. Seems like the ini file work on some computers and do fail on others. My guess is that the flags in ini may even varys under different computer environments. Only if one can decrypt the flag codes following ‘CLCT=’ in ini file then there may be a solution.
I'm having the same problem as well. It's even stranger because the ini file USED to work on my ver 2.5. Somehow when I got ver 2.55, the ini file doesn't work. Worse still, on my ver 2.5 I lost the ability to access the gallery.

If anyone has any idea as to what's going on it would be great to hear your thoughts.

[email protected]

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

:cool:Dudes I find the problem. U guys have known that this game is a freak but still have no idea how freak it is. After so many complain about the .ini file not working, I download the file again and try to run it myself. What surprises me is that it can`t work even on my computer this time. I use Process Monitor to see what the game exactly have done. Guess what? It tries to search files containing ‘rj172038’ and 'BGmargaret' with archive formats(7z, rar, zip) in EVERY possible place. Literally EVERY, from current directory of the game to parent directory,and every directory under the parent directory, every directory under your document, download, desktop directory, and, even the recent files that you have opened! If the game find something in your PC, then sorry u don`t have the right to see the gallery. I guess the author even turn the boss bug in early version to a punishment for pirating.
To pass the protection is easy. Just rename or erase all your related archive file, and clear directory \Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent. Then everything should be fine.

update: Forget to mention that the start.log in game directory should also be deleted.

Please inform me whether it solve your problem or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.