What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

dergrubben

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sorry if this has already been asked (browsed thru a decent amount of the thread, but this is a loooong one), but I'm trying to get Windows RPGMaker MV games working on Mac. Most RPGMaker games are fine to run with Wine, but not so for MV. I found a partial workaround - download a RPGMaker MV game made for Mac, get into the Contents/Resources/app.nw/ folder, and overwrite everything with the game files (just copy everything - including folders - in the main directory). This makes the game playable, but it crashes anytime you save (or for games with autosave, each time it does) without actually saving - and with the following error message displayed on the screen itself:

Unknown Error
Error: EROFS: read-only file system, open ‘/private/var/folders/fj/<bunch of other crap>/common.rpgsave’

Problem is, that file is already set for all users to have read, write, and execute, but for some reason RPGMaker insists it's read only. Anybody have any ideas?

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
As far as I can tell, the RPGMaker MV runtime is "just" a copy of nwjs and an up-to-date installation for it works for me ... but I'm using linux, not Mac.

darklink1011

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
after the site change i cant seem to find the search function.
am i not looking hard enough or was it removed?

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
after the site change i cant seem to find the search function.
am i not looking hard enough or was it removed?
At the moment, it's turned off to reduce lag server. No info about when it'll be up again.
There a thread in the "news and announcement" sub forum about how to "cheat" to still use it.
But it's easier to just use google search engine putting "game RJ / game name and add ulmf" -> like "RJXXXXXX ulmf"

Zaqwer2

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello,
I'm sorry if someone already posted about this. I have a problem - in a couple of games no text is displayed for me. I changed my locale to Japanese. I have all RTPs, I even reinstalled all of them 2 times. I was searching for solution online, but I couldn't find anything that would work. I also read that the problem might be caused by the font used in the game (specifically the lack of this font on player's computer), but I don't know how to check what font the game is using to download it.
The games I'm talking about are: Sarah of the Rotation Cut (1 and 2), Netorare Kanade from acerola and Knights of the Phantasm from Adult's hobby. Right now I am using laptop, as I temporarily moved to another city, but before I moved I was using my PC and some of these games worked fine there.

Thanks for help in advance.

EDIT: I wanted to post screenshots, but I can't post links and they are not really needed, as all they show is games without text.

Bryanis

Reputation score
If you've changed the local to japanese and there no text I'm not certain. No text is a common error when using such game without playing with japanese local setting.
If you can, try playing the game using local emulator. If the text appear, it mean you haven't completely switched all the setting to japanese.
If it don't work, you might be missing a font, but from memory for all these game if there a special font it come with the game itself.
You might have a problem IF you switch to japanese after uncompressing the game archive. If so, try doing it again.
Another wild shot would be to try putting the game in a folder with a very short pathway (like directly on the desktop for test), and without any punctuation (like "." or "-") or japanese symbol.

zipetya

Reputation score
Hello,
I'm sorry if someone already posted about this. I have a problem - in a couple of games no text is displayed for me. I changed my locale to Japanese. I have all RTPs, I even reinstalled all of them 2 times. I was searching for solution online, but I couldn't find anything that would work. I also read that the problem might be caused by the font used in the game (specifically the lack of this font on player's computer), but I don't know how to check what font the game is using to download it.
The games I'm talking about are: Sarah of the Rotation Cut (1 and 2), Netorare Kanade from acerola and Knights of the Phantasm from Adult's hobby. Right now I am using laptop, as I temporarily moved to another city, but before I moved I was using my PC and some of these games worked fine there.

Thanks for help in advance.

EDIT: I wanted to post screenshots, but I can't post links and they are not really needed, as all they show is games without text.
Also, try NTLEAS if you are not succeeding with Locale Emulator, if you were to be not running the games with your system locale switched to Japanese. Some -if not most!- WolfRPG games only display text correctly when run with NTLEAS.
But switching system locale to Japanese when extracting and playing h-games is usually the simplest and most foolproof way to manage.

Last edited:

artikis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
is there a way to hook the new wolfrpg engine now?

agth, ith and chiitrans cant seem to hook any text in game at all

i was able to hook old wolfrpg games just fine

example games with new wolf engine
RJ214864
RJ195774

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
is there a way to hook the new wolfrpg engine now?

agth, ith and chiitrans cant seem to hook any text in game at all

i was able to hook old wolfrpg games just fine

example games with new wolf engine
RJ214864
RJ195774
Are you still able to hook those old games with Chiitrans? The recent Fall Creators update for Windows 10 has stopped Chiitrans and ITH from being able to hook games for me. Only AGTH still works.

artikis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Are you still able to hook those old games with Chiitrans? The recent Fall Creators update for Windows 10 has stopped Chiitrans and ITH from being able to hook games for me. Only AGTH still works.
im using ChiitransLite

and yes i can hook old wolfrpg games, but im on Windows 7

so i dont know anything about compatibility in Win 10

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
im using ChiitransLite

and yes i can hook old wolfrpg games, but im on Windows 7

so i dont know anything about compatibility in Win 10
I know that the newer versions of WOLFRPG have adopted font caching so hooking the standard text rendering subroutines is no longer reliable. You need to find a H Code that works with the game you are trying to hook.

For example: RJ195774 needs the following HCODE:
/HSN18@49EC24

H-code for this game, worked fine with version 1.06
Not sure if it's the same problem you are having because it sounds like you cannot hook the games at all in which case, Try using a different program to hook the text, set it to copy text to the clipboard and have ChiitransLite read from there.

Last edited:

chrsmsnhen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
when i try to go to a post from my notifications(someone commenting on the threads i subbed) an error shows up

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin

any help would be appreciated

michael6795

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is there a way to change forum username without having to remake the account?

zipetya

Reputation score
I know that the newer versions of WOLFRPG have adopted font caching so hooking the standard text rendering subroutines is no longer reliable. You need to find a H Code that works with the game you are trying to hook.

For example: RJ195774 needs the following HCODE:

Not sure if it's the same problem you are having because it sounds like you cannot hook the games at all in which case, Try using a different program to hook the text, set it to copy text to the clipboard and have ChiitransLite read from there.
My experience with WolfRPG games is that only agth is trustworthily working with them.
A good couple of times I couldn't get a decent text thread in ITH and VNR (or ITHVNR for that matter) even with the supposed H-codes, what's more, VNR made things lag like hell when I turned on the repetition elimination that would have been needed at times.

=====================
when i try to go to a post from my notifications(someone commenting on the threads i subbed) an error shows up

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin

any help would be appreciated
Try clearing the cookies for the site in your browser. I had similar troubles with my Firefox last November after the forum collapse incident, and that fixed it.

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
My experience with WolfRPG games is that only agth is trustworthily working with them.
A good couple of times I couldn't get a decent text thread in ITH and VNR (or ITHVNR for that matter) even with the supposed H-codes, what's more, VNR made things lag like hell when I turned on the repetition elimination that would have been needed at times.

=====================
Try clearing the cookies for the site in your browser. I had similar troubles with my Firefox last November after the forum collapse incident, and that fixed it.
Hi man Can you help me with this?

Random Question

urotsukidoji was first published in

My friend is trying to register here he already search the Google for the answer But It still gives him the error notification

vrtrtr

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hey,
not sure how active this still is, but it's worth a try:
2 days ago I had a bluescreen of death (first one ever, Win7SP1) and now Translation Aggregator (last hongfire version) starts extremely slow (meaning 30s-2minutes) and randomly shuts down while working.
I have redownloaded it, but to no avail.
Has anyone ever had this issue - or any idea what might be going on?
If nothing works, I'll have to reinstall windows. It's been a while since my last formating.
Best regards and thanks in advance!

HolyVoid

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Need some help with RJ198405.
Trying to figure out why my game has no text.
JP Locale on Win8, no long extension. This issue has only happened for 2 or 3 other games in the past but they were different dev systems, everything else usually works fine.
I can't seem to find anything on it from searching. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

windmax

Reputation score
URL EDITED

ummmm i am here to ask about a game that refuse to operate not just the game the whole set of that "fish dish" looking app is refusing to run
one of the "fish dish" games: "http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ194521"
it either tells me the scripts is corrupted and if it tried to mess around it says something "kag" script not found....(google translate :D)
every "fish dish" game i've downloaded had the same problem sooo what i am i messing, some sort of "fish dish RPG luncher" ?

Last edited: