What's new

Fuel for the Flame (Zilrax) GMed by ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Fuel for the Flame (Zilrax and freeko) GMed by ranger

Oh? Thats good Ms. Jansen disappeared and one of the guards said the bugs took her away. I was never allowed to talk to her though even though she seemed nice. Papa said she was a Night Lady or something like that and she would be a bad influence. A cough from her mother silenced the young woman. For a moment the two sat the girls still staring at her. Of course it could hardly be helped no doubt Fiera was the most exotic person the girl had ever seen. Though for once it was nice that a random peasant wasn't directly afraid of her

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score
Re: Fuel for the Flame (Zilrax and freeko) GMed by ranger

"Oh yeah? I'll have to check on that. They're um... Resting right now.," muses Fiera, "Lotta stuff to do for me still out there. Say, you guys know any stories or legends about the surrounding areas?"

Maybe there was something in their history about Fiera's new home.

Last edited:

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Fuel for the Flame (Zilrax) GMed by ranger

The young girl shook her head but the older one spoke up. "If its tales you want you should see old man Venker. He is probably the oldest person in town. Been here longer than most of us. Given that lead the young girl offered to show Fiera where the man lived if she wanted to go. This drew a slightly stern glance from her mother but eyeing Fiera and her daughter she nodded reluctantly. It was up to Fiera now.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Fiera mused, nodding a bit. "That sounds like a good idea. Don't worry, anyone tries to lay a hand on her will be doing the silly smokey dance."

She stood up, her hand igniting a moment in front of her face before going out to emphasize. "I take care of my... Friends. Lead the way!"

Almost said slaves. That wouldn't go over well around here. They only experienced the horrible kind of it. Obviously they needed a better caretaker. But it'd take time for that.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The girl quickly left with Fiera in tow. Most of the looks they got where directed at Fiera but a few at the young woman she was with. The one's she got where the typical fear and or lust while her companion got looks of pity. As they neared a small intersection the girl stopped and quickly ran to hide behind some barrels. Watching the girl a moment Fiera was about to join her in the game when the sound of armored feet made their presence known. Looking down the street a few of the rougher looking guards marched their way down the road. They eyed her with barley contained lust obviously smirking at her before passing by. As soon as they cleared the area her companion rejoined her. After that it was a few short minutes till they found an old worn building with a half hanging sight of an open book. Heading inside she was confronted with overstuffed shelves of books. At a lone table sat an aged elf nearing his end. Frail as tinder the elf man smiled at her companion before leveling his gaze at her but not offering a comment.

Mr. Venker! how are you this fine day!

Good good Juliana. I see you brought company.

Uh huh this is my friend Fiera! She says shes a demoness!

I see... I see. Julianna can you help me sort the store room a moment. My old bones have been bothering me. Don't worry about your friend Ill keep her company.

Juliana frowned before agreeing and kissed the old elf on the cheek before heading for the back. "She is a good girl Lady Fiera. I hope your plans do not involve her."

Zilrax

Reputation score

Fiera walked about cheerfully with her companion, though when she hid, Fiera busied herself with being her naturally distracting self, leaning against things and such as she's ogled.

Once inside, Fiera looked around curiously. Better reaction than she expected once she met Venker. "Not directly, assuming I do anything at all. I've not decided, but I'm not particularly approving of the arrangements around here. I'm pretty sure this is not how one is a lord. Well, whatever. Point is I don't have ill intentions for her. She and her family are helping me. Why would I want to hurt people who help me? I'm no sadist, despite the appearance."

She looked around all the books, smiling softly, "I usually have too short an attention span to stick to books, but it's always nice to see lots of them. But I was hoping you could tell me some local legends. I've been finding strange things and I'd rather not accidentally unleash some ancient evil over the region because I didn't do a little investigation first. I can be pretty careless but there is a certain line between accident prone and just stupid and I'd rather not cross it. Can you help me, please?"

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The man frowned slightly but nodded. "I guess it depends on what you've been finding?" Letting the elf know what she would brought a slight nod. As soon as she explained it he got up and moved to a dusty shelf. "It sounds like you found the old cult's temple. About 100 years or so ago a cult ruled over this area. Im not sure what exactly they followed but fire was a main element of their worship. The current Lords ancestors used to be quite the devout followers of the Star God and put the cult to the sword." The man stopped flipping threw his book and frowned setting it back in place. "However if you want more than that Ill need to do some research.

Zilrax

Reputation score

"Elemental cult? Neat. Yeah, could you? You're a scholar right? I found some old tomes there, you can study them with me. That's a fair exchange right? If not I guess I could pay with something or other.," says Fiera cheerfully.

She was practically vibrating with excitement. "Yes, this could be great. Somewhere to live, once I finish making it safe, and all the fire I can cuddle."

She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself, before exploding into giggles, unable to contain it, before smiling. "Ah... So, you have any insights into how this town went so corrupt? I understand it wasn't always like this. While I personally operate on the idea enough fire can fix anything, my other side feels like there must be a better answer. I'm a little upset by the treatment of my servant. And her. And others."

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Not sure of the exact details but I believe it occurred during the alien invasion. The Lord was away visiting the Silken Princess in Endus. From what I hear he had a favorite concubine that resided in that den of sleez. Still when he returned he found the town in shambles. An orc raiding party had pillaged the down and killed his wife and daughter. After wards he was a broken man. Thats when things started going down from here. Any decent and brave folk left risking the road rather than live with the tyrant. Those of us too poor or old had to stay." Moving about the cramped store front the elderly elf brought out a small set of cups and a tea pot. "Would you like some tea Ms. Fiera? The water should still be hot." Taking her tea or not Fiera would soon get an agreement with the old elf. For translating and helping her with any of the books she found Fiera would have to help protect Juliana finding out that she bore an uncanny resemblance to the late lords wife.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Fiera shook her head with a sigh, hearing about that horror show again. "Ugh. What a mess. Don't worry I'll keep her safe. All else fails I can maybe hide her in my new place...," muses Fiera, "Just as long as it's hot and not blue, sure! Can't stand blue."

"I do have this book here I'm researching through myself. It's got lot's of complicated spells about fire in it. I can make people fire proof with it I think. Which, honestly, might be a good thing around me. When your heads on fire, accidents happen. Often. I miiiiiiight have a reputation. I wonder if there's a mass version, hmm..."

She took out her water magic book too. "I also got this which is useless for me. It's got, bleh, water magic to teach. Wanna learn water magic? Cus I can't magic my way out of a closet with water."

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The old man took the book and dusted off the cover. "Alas I have no such talent. However....." The old man tilted his head to Juiliana who was still busy in the other room. "At any rate Ill take it as the first payment. Now if you will leave the books you want translated with me I can get to work."

It would be another half hour before Juiliana finished what she was doing and rejoined them. In that time the older man had told Fiera exactly what she needed to make her companions at least resistant to fire. It would not be an easy thing to accomplish. According to her book she would need to find or summon a fire elemental of some power. Bind it long enough to extract fragments of its soul and place them into willing subjects. The extraction spell would be easy enough to master as she pretty much had that ability as a demon. The placing it into a willing subject was a bit trickier. The book didn't cover that detail at all.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Fiera showed the book and listened carefully as she mused. At the implication Fiera smiled brightly. "Hey, yeah, you should tutor her in it maybe. I mean, I can teach like, the most basic of basics but yeah. I've got one for nature magic I mean to study myself."

Once the ritual, or most of it, became known to her she hummed, thinking hard. "Mmm, I've plenty experience with the first bit. Since I'm a succu- Fire demon. Yes. Fire demon. And nothing else. But putting it back outside of myself? That's a bit more complicated. As in I have no idea how to pull that off. I'll need a test subject. Maybe use some of those giant wasp larvae... Cus summoning elementals is easy. Sleeping with one might be hard though... Cus I'm not fire immune either. I'm only mostly fire proof. I think."

She huffs a bit and considers. "I dunno what sort of species the high priestess was honestly. If she was human and not like me maybe she had her own method. Maybe there's some artifact in the facility I can find. I only got like a couple rooms in after all."

She tapped a finger on the desk then nods. "Think the only answer will be to go through there then. Incidentally, you got anything for keeping bandits in line? I'm at the I can't afford to be picky in my minion choices stage of my life but don't want to have em running amok either."

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The elf man stared blankly at her a moment not sure what to make of the rant. "I suppose you could try to summon the merchant." Seeing the confused look that flashed briefly across her face the man explained further. "The legend is a spirit can be summoned by anyone willing to buy or sell. He is not picky in his objects but as far as I know only barters with inanimate objects not people or slaves. I'm sure you could buy something from him to enforces your will over them.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Fiera nodded, blinking curiously. "A merchant daemon? How fascinating... Perhaps he feeds on the spirit of commerce! Hehe. I'll look into it later. I'm kinda in town til my servant recovers from... Her trials."

She grimaces then shakes her head and gets up. "Well, I should get Juliana back home. I'll come visit again later. Unless you want to start with the tutoring now? I won't mind showing the basics. I can do the base line of it."

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The old man shook his head. "We should prepare a safe location to practice magic. We wouldn't want an accident." A moment later Enker called Juiliana back out of the room. She looked a little dirtier but had a bright smile on her face.

Thankfully the trip back was uneventful and unless Fiera had anything to say they would soon be in the relative safety of the inn. Here she found Amber awake and eating soup the girl having rested. Looking up as Fiera entered she offered a weak smile.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Fiera nodded musing. "Well, the forest is fairly safe, and water can't start fires. Plus if there IS danger, I'm right there and can kinda wipe out everything near me. Plus I know a few guys who knows guys who can be called on for some help."

Getting back to the inn, Fiera smiled to Juliana. "Thanks for the guide. I'll have to repay you a bit later."

Seeing Amber up and smiling, Fiera moved over with a smile. "Hey, you're looking much better. Guess my magic did the trick after all. Sorry. I hoped that the deal I made would have protected you more, but I guess it didn't... Uh, so, I hate to bring it up but uh... The deal was sorta you belong to me now and stuff. So yeah. I'm not gonna whip you or hurt you or anything and I can probably just manage with some occasional kissing for energy but I need your help. My previous bodyguard went missing in some old ruins, and you're really really good at this so... Can you help me try and find her? Or at least help me clear the ruins for my use? Then you can go free and do whatever or stay with me full time and have a salary and protection and stuff?"

She poked both her fingers together, looking awkward. "Normally I'd be a little gung ho about this but I feel like this is my fault somehow for taking you back there and not just burning things til they were better... So I feel a little uncomfortable kinda dragging you around into the same situation as before. We won't go til you're up to it, but it's really important. And I promise I'm not gonna pull some bullshit bait and switch at the end and make you stay on indefinitely."

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Amber shifted slightly in her chair before looking up at Fiera. "That explains this.... Pulling her cloths apart slightly. Much to Fiera's surprise a swirling tattoo mimicking fire adored the upper part of Amber's left breast. The magic was old but clearly identifiable. It was an owner's mark. It seemed that the deal was official after all. Amber was hers fully in legal terms at least. "I know how this works... I cannot disobey your orders but even with out this mark I would help you... after all you saved me twice."

Zilrax

Reputation score

"Huh. I've not seen one of those in a long, long time.," blinks Fiera, inspecting the tattoo before smiling. "Well. I promise to be a good mistress, Amber. How long til, you think you'll be ready to get to it?"

She stretches a bit, pondering. "Erm... I don't really wanna pressure you and it's fine if you rather wait but I could use a recharge though. I could find someone else if you rather. Going into dangerous places underfed isn't good for anyones health."

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

At the mention of feeding Amber blushed like a young maiden. Perhapse she wasn't quite ready for that just yet. "I-I-I...I c-c-could. I-I-If you w-w-want." The girl shook slightly nervous or scared though perhaps nervous was more prominent.

Zilrax

Reputation score

"It can wait. We're not leaving immediately.," smiles Fiera, "I can tell you're just saying what you think I want to hear. We will inevitably though, but I know it's something of more significance to mortals so I'll wait until you're more interested."

"On that note, how long before you think you're up for heading into some ruins with me?"