What's new

Games Discussion Thread

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

I never could figure out how to connect my PSP to the wireless router to REACH the PSN, so I still got no such network goodies x,x;

guess that's a good hing, though, all things considered.

Lurker
Reputation score

I got and got started on Demon's Souls today. I may not be up to the task.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Earlier today, I was working on a tower in minecraft when the sun rose and song started playing on iTunes. That was a pretty ep- cool moment.

EDIT: Why is it that lava can't set wood aflame? Seriously, I drop it on top of it or let it flow beside it - nothing. This must be a recent bug - I once accidentally burned a forest down with it. Now, though? Now that I want it to? Not anymore.

Last edited:

Deminies

Banned
Reputation score

Sony says that some of the PSN will be up on May 3rd, 2011 (or 3rd May 2011 if in Europe), as said by the Use the the link provided to follow along with the blog to see any updates on or anything else (like or ). There is that date you all wanted.

P.S.: got info and date from

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

Earlier today, I was working on a tower in minecraft when the sun rose and song started playing on iTunes. That was a pretty ep- cool moment.

EDIT: Why is it that lava can't set wood aflame? Seriously, I drop it on top of it or let it flow beside it - nothing. This must be a recent bug - I once accidentally burned a forest down with it. Now, though? Now that I want it to? Not anymore.
The sparks can set wood on fire, not so sure if direct contact works. I have never tried that before. Usually I encast my lava structures in either brick or obsidian to make the structure practically indestructible.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Love how I get the email *today* that my account may be compromised. I figure I was on vacation for a better part of the time it all went to hell, so I'm just planning on keeping an eye on my account and going from there. Until then, thankfully, don't need to be hooked up to the internets for gamestuffs. Until I get the last unlockable from Dragon Age Legends.

WindWalkerX

Reputation score

THIS IS WHY THEY SHOULD HAVE STOPPED AFTER PS2! PS2 was amazing. PS3 sucks.
Since %90 of PS3 games are also 360 games, I think it's safe to say any drop or rise in game quality is unrelated to a specific platform.
The Wii is not much more powerful than the PS2, but isn't as good as the 360 or PS3. So less powerful hardware would not produce higher quality games.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

Since %90 of PS3 games are also 360 games, I think it's safe to say any drop or rise in game quality is unrelated to a specific platform.
The Wii is not much more powerful than the PS2, but isn't as good as the 360 or PS3. So less powerful hardware would not produce higher quality games.
I think Little Big Planet is amazing, and I don't even have my own PS3~

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Wait.....

WHERE IN THE FUCK DID LUPPI TALK ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAMES.

And if your post has no relation to Luppi's post, WHY THE FUCK QUOTE HIM AND MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU'RE RESPONDING TO SOMETHING HE'S SAYING.

WHAT THE FUCK.

ANYWAYS.

From what I can tell, Luppi's talking about the system itself, rather than the games for it. And I would have to agree, the PS2 is much better than the PS3 for their times. Stronger library, better launch, better support. They knew what they were doing with the PS2. The PS3 is just them trying to stay in the game and milk all the cash they can from people.

Now, don't get me wrong. The PS3 is still an amazing system, and is capable of a whole hell of a lot more than the PS2. However, initial sales were shit, initial library was shit, and from what I can tell, the support is less than stellar. If Sony steps up their game and acts like THEY FUCKING GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS, they might actually manage to come out on top before the next big consoles are launched.

And yes, I very much doubt the gaming companies WON'T launch another console each. It may be a long-ass while, but they'll do it.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wait.....

WHERE IN THE FUCK DID LUPPI TALK ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAMES.

And if your post has no relation to Luppi's post, WHY THE FUCK QUOTE HIM AND MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU'RE RESPONDING TO SOMETHING HE'S SAYING.

WHAT THE FUCK.

ANYWAYS.

From what I can tell, Luppi's talking about the system itself, rather than the games for it. And I would have to agree, the PS2 is much better than the PS3 for their times. Stronger library, better launch, better support. They knew what they were doing with the PS2. The PS3 is just them trying to stay in the game and milk all the cash they can from people.

Now, don't get me wrong. The PS3 is still an amazing system, and is capable of a whole hell of a lot more than the PS2. However, initial sales were shit, initial library was shit, and from what I can tell, the support is less than stellar. If Sony steps up their game and acts like THEY FUCKING GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS, they might actually manage to come out on top before the next big consoles are launched.

And yes, I very much doubt the gaming companies WON'T launch another console each. It may be a long-ass while, but they'll do it.
o.0 thanks. Jeez, I never mentioned quality...
But if I did... SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS!
And didn't Nintendo just announce the Wii 2?

Reputation score

And didn't Nintendo just announce the Wii 2?

Aaaaand the infamous potentially leaked pictures from a press conference on the prototype:

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Just finished Red Faction Guerilla. Overall I'd still give it a 9/10, but near the end the charm seemed to wear off. Dunno why, but it was still good.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Aaaaand the infamous potentially leaked pictures from a press conference on the prototype:

._. sooo... it's a PSP with a wireless tower?

Reputation score

._. sooo... it's a PSP with a wireless tower?
Lol, no it's more like a WiiCube with a PSP as the controller, but it still connects to the television too. Think how Legend of Zelda: Four Swords used both the television and the GBA link cable. Except that reportedly, you can somehow transfer the full TV games into the controllers and carry them around portably (note: this is a rumor).

Also:

Guess what Playstation players? Sony is buying you off with a free month of Playstation Network Plus if you come back and put all your data back into their system!!!

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Guess what Playstation players? Sony is buying you off with a free month of Playstation Network Plus if you come back and put all your data back into their system!!!
Oh Boy! I bet people can't WAIT to give Sony all of their valuable information again!

E

Exofluke

About this whole hacking issue... Is there any evidence to show that the network was hacked? I mean, what exactly happened?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

About this whole hacking issue... Is there any evidence to show that the network was hacked? I mean, what exactly happened?
Wha..?

You're seriously questioning if the PSN has actually been hacked when Sony have not only admitted it has been hacked and bringing in outside help to find out how exactly it was pulled off and who did it? What, do you think this is just one big cover up for their servers frying themselves and them having to shut them down to fix it? Is that what you think? Now, I may not be an expert on server security and maintenance BUT I can't see Sony saying their servers have been hacked and there being a possibility of all their customers sensitive data being compromised just to do a little tinkering. Can you? Think of the amount of people that would be put off from ever using a Sony console again. Hell, that's already happened, several people I know have traded in their PS3's to get a 360.

Anyway, something different.

So the difference between the Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Reality edition and Collectors edition is a model of the main character? Not sure about other countries but the price difference for each version (£59.99 and £99.99) isn't worth it to me. I can see why they're doing it, the model probably costs a bit to make but from what I can tell it's pretty much the same size as most other action figures and even if it does come with a variety of weapons and is poseable I still don't think a price difference of £40 is fair. The two editions are pretty much the same price as the limited edition and legendary edition of Halo Reach though I can understand why the legendary edition cost so much because the model that came with it was pretty damn impressive. On its own I'd imagine the model of the Spartans from Reach would cost a lot more than £40.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't know where the article is at the moment, but yes, someone did hack the PSN network, and publicly announced how he did it (on the internet mind you) and put his name (user name or gamer tag or whatever Sony calls it) on it, wherein Sony found this information and entered a legal battle with him, before Anonymous became involved.

If anyone has articles proving me wrong please share. I hate spreading false information. But as far as I know that's what's going on. Someone announced to the world how they hacked PSN.