Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

Hell, from certain news, SONY even called FBI to track down the hacker/s

Shit just got real.......

E

Exofluke

What, do you think this is just one big cover up for their servers frying themselves and them having to shut them down to fix it? Is that what you think?
I don't know the facts, plain and simple. I've only heard from a couple of friends about this issue. I have yet to read any articles or watch any news reports.

Hence me asking...

I don't know where the article is at the moment, but yes, someone did hack the PSN network, and publicly announced how he did it (on the internet mind you) and put his name (user name or gamer tag or whatever Sony calls it) on it, wherein Sony found this information and entered a legal battle with him, before Anonymous became involved.
Ah, so some pompous had the gull to stroke his ego? How lovely.

Any idea how hacking the psn is possible?

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

From the sound of things, it probably wasn't even all that hard. Sony probably had some big impressive thing up front, but once past the first layer very little stood in the way.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

It's connected to the internet. Really, that's all that's needed for something to be hackable. There's no such thing as perfect security system.

Reputation score

No kidding. Sony got hit more than they thought, and this time it's the SOE service. There go 25 million more accounts, plus we have confirmed credit card steals.

Sorry Playstation users.

Deminies

Banned
Reputation score

I don't know where the article is at the moment, but yes, someone did hack the PSN network, and publicly announced how he did it (on the internet mind you) and put his name (user name or gamer tag or whatever Sony calls it) on it, wherein Sony found this information and entered a legal battle with him, before Anonymous became involved.

If anyone has articles proving me wrong please share. I hate spreading false information. But as far as I know that's what's going on. Someone announced to the world how they hacked PSN.
I don't know the facts, plain and simple. I've only heard from a couple of friends about this issue. I have yet to read any articles or watch any news reports.Hence me asking...

Any reason why you guys just skipped the links I posted of their offical blog and say you don't know anyway you could know the facts from an offical of Sony? All you have to do is look at my last post on this thread and there are mutiple links to playstation, PSN, PS3, and PSP blogs. Thats just sad man, it was posted 4 days ago.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Any reason why you guys just skipped the links I posted of their offical blog and say you don't know anyway you could know the facts from an offical of Sony? All you have to do is look at my last post on this thread and there are mutiple links to playstation, PSN, PS3, and PSP blogs. Thats just sad man, it was posted 4 days ago.
*shrugs* I didn't see them as sometimes I glance through threads. I also wasn't saying anything as fact.

Deminies

Banned
Reputation score

I do too, but I look for big posts and links. Then again, thats what I do. I don't know how you do it, but I guess links arn't in or it was an accident.

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I do too, but I look for big posts and links. Then again, thats what I do. I don't know how you do it, but I guess links arn't in or it was an accident.
It was probly an accident. Also Sony's situation isn't that important to me, so even if I did see the links I'm not going to go looking through them. I was just sharing what I know.

Deminies

Banned
Reputation score

It was probly an accident. Also Sony's situation isn't that important to me, so even if I did see the links I'm not going to go looking through them. I was just sharing what I know.
That explains it, it was an intelligent opinion. So....your point is taken and noted!

Krim

Demon Girl
Reputation score

All i know it's extremely likely i'll buy the next generation's Xbox and ignore Sony and specially Nintendo (Screw their shit, i'm tired of their rehashes and easier and easier games). Unless Microsoft fucks shit up too and decides to make a new home console focused on shitty collections of simple or easy mini-games instead of complex or challenging games.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

All i know it's extremely likely i'll buy the next generation's Xbox and ignore Sony and specially Nintendo (Screw their shit, i'm tired of their rehashes and easier and easier games). Unless Microsoft fucks shit up too and decides to make a new home console focused on shitty collections of simple or easy mini-games instead of complex or challenging games.
My verdict on Nintendo is out until I see what they have in store after the 3DS. It's a nice innovation, but I think they can do better than the Wii for a home console.

Sony..... yeah.
Well, I still have my PS2, at least.

Microsoft... well, I haven't really had a bad experience so far with the consoles, but we'll see what happens in the future.

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wow. It took me all the way until it hit the bottom before I realized what it was gonna do... I need sleep... XD

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

My verdict on Nintendo is out until I see what they have in store after the 3DS. It's a nice innovation, but I think they can do better than the Wii for a home console.

Sony..... yeah.

Microsoft... well, I haven't really had a bad experience so far with the consoles, but we'll see what happens in the future.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

How about a nice game of chess?

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Sony..... yeah.

I knew that would be pointless, but wasted about 30 seconds anyway...

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Deminies

Banned
Reputation score

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

How about a nice game of chess?
I'm great at chess! I played it alot last July. Before that though, I sucked.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Indeed. That's a Mattock Battle Rifle Shepard's holding! You have to shell out real money to get it in Mass Effect 2! And now they're just going to throw it at us for free in ME3? For shame, Bioware. For shame.

Deminies

Banned
Reputation score

Indeed. That's a Mattock Battle Rifle Shepard's holding! You have to shell out real money to get it in Mass Effect 2! And now they're just going to throw it at us for free in ME3? For shame, Bioware. For shame.
THAT RIFLE IS AWESOME! Its my prefered rifle and the most powerful in the game. Great thing its free in the next game. ;D

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

maybe you had to shell out extra money.