What's new

Games Discussion Thread

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

While the gameplay itself looks good I dont want to play as random generic emo teen. I want to play as THE Dante.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

While the gameplay itself looks good I dont want to play as random generic emo teen. I want to play as THE Dante.
?

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I hear what your saying Oni, but it looks like they're doing a prequel. These are Dante's roots. And he doesn't sound very emo, nor even properly look it. We'll see.

Also, have just beaten Halo Reach's campaign. The last part was rather frustrating, but the ending seemed to wrap up nicely, if a bit low key. At least before the credits. Halo's traditional after the credit's video was rather awesome.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I'll reserve judgment on the DmC game for now. It looks like the combat could be nice, it's the story I'm worried about. As sin pointed out, he doesn't seem very emo.

4, I could deal with, because it was still badass in it's own way.
This... I just don't know. What I got out of the video is that maybe, since people don't know/don't believe that he's the son of a demon, they're trying to (incorrectly) 'fix' him because they think he's crazy? It could work, yes, but nice thought =/= nice execution.
Like I said, though, I'll hold off on saying much about it until more details are released.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Okay, okay, okay. Can people please spoiler anything Halo Reach related because I haven't played it yet. I dunno if Sins comment spoils anything but I skipped it anyway.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Okay, okay, okay. Can people please spoiler anything Halo Reach related because I haven't played it yet. I dunno if Sins comment spoils anything but I skipped it anyway.
Covenant wins.
No, that's not a spoiler. I haven't played the game, nor any other game in the franchise and I only read enough of the wikipedia article to find out that covenant are the bad guys, which was conveniently revealed before the actual plot. I refrained from reading the plot because I didn't want to have to invent a lie to specifically contradict the truth.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've purchased Metro 2033 for the PC, and I've played it for a couple of hours already. My first impression is that the game is very atmospheric and quite immersive. However, it plays a bit clumsy. For example - quite early, you get your hands on a two-barreled shotgun. You'd expect to simply have two bullets in the magazine, right?

WRONG! You fire the left bullet with the left mouse button and the right bullet with the right mouse button. Some weapons are pneumatic, meaning you have to pump them full of air before using them, and the air steadily depletes. The same for electric weapons.

The game wants to tell you that ammo is sparse, but I've had little problem finding enough ammunition on Normal difficulty. Up to now, at least, I've found little sense in loading up the "valuable" ammunition that you pay with.

Oh, and don't spend money on the hooker you meet early in the game. You will be disappointed.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Covenant wins.
No, that's not a spoiler. I haven't played the game, nor any other game in the franchise and I only read enough of the wikipedia article to find out that covenant are the bad guys, which was conveniently revealed before the actual plot. I refrained from reading the plot because I didn't want to have to invent a lie to specifically contradict the truth.
Herp derp, I fucking knew that you moron. Being set at the same time that REACH IS FUCKING GLASSED, I'd have guessed that as well as Bungie actually stating it. I meant what happens between the beginning and the end.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I made sure not to reveal anything, except that there is something after the credits, so sit through them.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I hear what your saying Oni, but it looks like they're doing a prequel. These are Dante's roots. And he doesn't sound very emo, nor even properly look it. We'll see.
I'll reserve judgment on the DmC game for now. It looks like the combat could be nice, it's the story I'm worried about. As sin pointed out, he doesn't seem very emo.

4, I could deal with, because it was still badass in it's own way.
This... I just don't know. What I got out of the video is that maybe, since people don't know/don't believe that he's the son of a demon, they're trying to (incorrectly) 'fix' him because they think he's crazy? It could work, yes, but nice thought =/= nice execution.
Like I said, though, I'll hold off on saying much about it until more details are released.
Having had a friend just show that trailer to me tonight, we were talking about it. Apparently, with regard to Dante's "look," um yeah. Supposedly, if you take a picture of "Dante" as he appears in the trailer and hold it up against a real life picture of one of the game developers, you get the same image. Haven't tested this theory myself but she looked into it on another friend of her's site, who's mad for the half-demon. Personally, that makes me think it's a gimmick and not what he's going to look like, but I will admit, some of the moves and imagery (especially the last shot, with the gargoyle) *are* pretty badass.

I reserve judgement until more comes out about it. That, and never been too huge on that particular franchise, so there's no fanrage bubbling outside of I prefer the look of silver-haired Dante to this one *shrug*

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Alice: Madness Returns- Now with 85% more flaming tentacles

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Is that a sequel to the first game American Mcgee's Alice? Been so long since I've played that game on my computer so many ages ago.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Is that a sequel to the first game American Mcgee's Alice? Been so long since I've played that game on my computer so many ages ago.
Indeed it is. I also find it funny that half the people on the comments went to tentacle rape. Recruitment drive anyone? :D

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Because she has Squirrel AIDS?
Nah she just has a guy sneak up behind you when yer about to strip her down, then he knocks you unconcious, ass fucks you then robs you leaving you in a puddle of your own blood, urine and fecal matter.

Alice: Madness Returns- Now with 85% more flaming tentacles
Sly is quite looking forward to this sequel. She had the original for PC when it came out, but we're going to get it for the 360 this time.

Some of the gameplay takes place in London, rather than always in Wonderland. You also get a shotgun made out of a pepper mill.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Nah she just has a guy sneak up behind you when yer about to strip her down, then he knocks you unconcious, ass fucks you then robs you leaving you in a puddle of your own blood, urine and fecal matter.
Hey, as long as it's not Squirrel AIDS, I'm willing to take my chances :p

ALSO: HOLY SHIT NEW AMERICAN MCGEE'S ALICE GAME. DO WANT. BADLY.
Also, lol tentacles.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm not sure about the anal rape, but yeah, that's basically what happens.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm not sure about the anal rape, but yeah, that's basically what happens.
I was exaggerating slightly. And once I read the book I'll let you know if such ass raping goes down (if the scene is even in the book).