What's new

ACT [八角家] ハチナ怪異譚 (RJ431925)

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
So I did a little looking back in time and actually the game was aimed for a 2 year development cycle roughly which upon the alpha demo they pushed back a year and then a bit after the beta one when they made the DLsite sell page announcing the game they said that they would have put the release estimate for more than a year in the future.
There was something that I haven't been able to verify with my own eyes yet of that the First boss caused some sort of havoc behind the scenes resulting in it's redo. However after MCSwagger pointed out how much from Mission Mermaiden was transferred over to Hachina (bugs included) it makes it clear to me now that they copied and pasted a ton of code if they didn't just take the Mermaiden Unity project and make Hachina from that. That would make a lot of things make sense in my mind in terms of troubles and such since to fix some problems with Mermaiden I think you needed to rebuild that system from the ground up again rather than continually pile on more things onto those shaky foundations.
It is clear from my digging in the past that they had the story planned out and such and their time got sunk into making the game work (fox lady was in the game chatting away in September 2021) which they vastly underestimated the workload required as a result of poor project management. So now they're going back to a CG game probably due to having used up their funds from Mermaiden a while ago (since they had originally planned for more money to come in 2 years after it's release) and need something that they can get out for sure and not delay and risk financial trouble.
I posted more indepth and such about it on F95 in response to someone asking why MCSwagger's mod changes weren't really taken into account but I think I've said the essential bits above: First theory Post, MCSwagger's Response, My Second theory post.

Frostbitten

Reputation score
Does anyone know what the strange mushroom does? I walked over the mushrooms in the first cave/dungeon, but didn't eat them (in this save) and walking over them gave me an item called "strange mushroom" with the description of "???" I can give them as an offering to the statues where you can retrieve your clothes, or restore hp/mp with the food. But offering the mushroom doesn't seem to do anything, maybe I just haven't found the right statue to offer to? But does anyone know?

Oreno

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Does anyone know what the strange mushroom does? I walked over the mushrooms in the first cave/dungeon, but didn't eat them (in this save) and walking over them gave me an item called "strange mushroom" with the description of "???" I can give them as an offering to the statues where you can retrieve your clothes, or restore hp/mp with the food. But offering the mushroom doesn't seem to do anything, maybe I just haven't found the right statue to offer to? But does anyone know?
If you offer them to the statue, it accumulates Hachina's H-status quicker. So if you offer like 100 strange mushrooms, you get +100 more H-status points every instance during its duration.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Futa-ish scene at the cave boss if you eat them all

HolyAarom

Reputation score
I bought the most recent version (1.6 as of this posting) and I'm curious, is it possible to download earlier versions on DLsite? I wanted to use Kamiko's English combat log patch and it refuses to start gameplay when I select to start a new game or load an existing file. If not, it's fine. Just wondering since I read combat log gives decent info during gameplay.

Actually, looks like 1.7 just recently came out and now it has the combat log enabled for other languages now.

Last edited:

hneko

Reputation score
And 1.8 just hit on dlsite. No, I haven't checked what it's got, sorry.

ranashadow

Reputation score
what does the collar of wavering do exactly? Though personally she does look better with it on lol almost looks like a nuns collar

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
It's a collar with a bell on it. I think the only real effect it has is that one of the boss fights ends up being an instant game over, although it does make sounds when you walk. I guess it makes enemies notice you more?

ranashadow

Reputation score
It's a collar with a bell on it. I think the only real effect it has is that one of the boss fights ends up being an instant game over, although it does make sounds when you walk. I guess it makes enemies notice you more?
Think all it does it just jingle but those wheel ghosts have bells so when they jingle it it stops you from moving. Also unlocks a scene but other than that doesnt do much which is a shame, its actually my favourite one