What's new

ACT [八角家] ハチナ怪異譚 (RJ431925)

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Gonna yeet Hachina into the meat dimension.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
It looks like a sort of gore-flower to me. I think this might be a boss since it reminds me of the flower-like boss in Hasumi.

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have a better understanding of how Ci-en works now, so now my body (and my wallet) is ready to snag any latest versions as they appear.

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I have a better understanding of how Ci-en works now, so now my body (and my wallet) is ready to snag any latest versions as they appear.
Unfortunately they've said that they're unlikely to have a paid plan with demo releases this time, so you'll probably just have to wait for the official demo release later this year like the rest of us :(
I guess mission mermaiden gave them enough of a financial buffer that they can get away with it.

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Unfortunately they've said that they're unlikely to have a paid plan with demo releases this time, so you'll probably just have to wait for the official demo release later this year like the rest of us :(
I guess I missed that information D:

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Unfortunately they've said that they're unlikely to have a paid plan with demo releases this time
Really? Ridiculous, they could have given us one updated demo showcasing more content. What company turns down the opportunity to put out paid content if they can get away with it?

Well, their loss. I honestly think this decision means a lot of followers might forget this game before the full release. Then they won't be in such a good financial spot.

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Really? Ridiculous, they could have given us one updated demo showcasing more content. What company turns down the opportunity to put out paid content if they can get away with it?

Well, their loss. I honestly think this decision means a lot of followers might forget this game before the full release. Then they won't be in such a good financial spot.
One that doesn't care only about money above all else, I would guess.

We are getting another demo later, this one is more of a pre-demo. There'll be a full demo that covers more (it includes the boss they're currently working on for example) and that will be the one that goes up on the dlsite page. Expect it in the fall of this year.

I figure this decision has it's upsides as well as it's downsides, especially for them. I bet it takes a fair amount of dev time to get the game ready for a release, and having to do that each month probably slowed mission mermaiden's development down a fair bit. It also limits the scope of things they can add; if it takes more than a month to add, then it's tricky to implement it under that model without having a 'dead month' with little in the update.
Yes this limits their income, but mission mermaiden was extremely successful, enough to make that a non-issue for a couple years, and people can follow their ci-en just the same as before. This means they can focus fully on adding new features and content rather than getting the project in shape for a playable release, so they'll (hopefully) be able to work faster.

I'm sad about it personally, as I would almost certainly have bought at least a couple of demos, but I can wait. Also, it will actually be nice to have a full game to enjoy when it does release. We saw so much of MM that there was very little content new to the final release.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
I know everyone else is saying the same thing but, I really do like the use of the environment in this. Both vs the player and vs the boss, something to do with both the main entities.

Gives me hope for what other fun shit the devs will put into this for the future, some of the scene-related debuffs have been a little text-only for my taste.

Jerrian

Reputation score
I know everyone else is saying the same thing but, I really do like the use of the environment in this. Both vs the player and vs the boss, something to do with both the main entities.

Gives me hope for what other fun shit the devs will put into this for the future, some of the scene-related debuffs have been a little text-only for my taste.
Indeed, it looks very promising and like a good game and you can already see, the devs put much time and effort in it.

OP
blueinorb9

blueinorb9

Reputation score
The first part of the game is now virtually completed, and production on the second part will begin starting from next month (there are five parts in total).

For the second part, the doctor girl and the blonde shrine maiden will be the main focus of the story.

Other details: I think it also says that the demo will cover up to just before the boss in the second part.