What's new

ACT [八角家] ハチナ怪異譚 (RJ431925)

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I'm pretty sure they've said a few times that they're aiming for this summer, so it won't be quite THAT far at least.

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember something about the December deadline being so that he didn't have to move it back, and because the plan was to get it out this year. They are airming to get it out before then, though I don't think we have anything specific yet.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I'll just quote myself on this.....it includes a link to the blog post so you can translate/read it and make your own interpretations from it.
Yep yep, their blog post also goes into some more details:

• Apparently they had Unity mess up the day before submitting to DLsite and so had to use a backup they had just made (no idea how much they would have lost if they weren't backing up reguarly but my guess is at least a month).
  • DLsite had changed what status you can set the game to so you can't say you have no release date set, instead you can only set it to sometime between submission and a year or so afterwards.
  • Although DLsite says their release date is end of 2023, they will be more sure of the actuall release date when summer of 2023 comes around as it's just too far off for them to realistically tell.
  • Blog as always is the best place to get updates on how the project is going and when their atcuall release date might be.

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I knew Summer had been mentioned at some point, guess that was it. So they will give us a more accurate release date once summer hits, because anything else is too far out. Gotcha. So it might actually be December, it might be sooner, or it might wind up being next year. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Mashi

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The DLsite page is predicting december this year so... it's a long ways away
Going by the last game they released, when they had most of the content around 80% complete like it is now, it was released within two months. Short of anything catastrophic late Feb/early March is possible.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Woha they must have gotten lucky or made some good breakthroughs with development or testing in my mind since I saw their estimate release blog post about DLsite made me think then that it could be an Summer 2024 release so for me, they've churned through over maybe a year's worth of work or at the very least 6 months of work possibly since then.
As a result this does make me start to get a bit concerned though about the size of the game as keeping in mind the Demo was released about 3 months ago it was complete up till the second boss, adds the question to me of how many bosses are planned and if it's going to match Mission Mermaiden's length and content at least. Since I recall seeing them showing what could be the full teleport/fast travel map in one of their dev videos and in the Demo we got access to just under half those spots with two at minimum not having anything to do or going on in them due to story stuff I believe. Additionally for Mission Mermaiden they had like 7 bosses right (technically 2 as one was a two stage fight)? 3 of which were in the final area while two was in each area so if the map is the same then I worry about fitting all those bosses in without cutting them out. So I hope, hope, hope, that the map has been expanded upon since that dev video and this does end up even bigger than Mission Mermaiden but I feel it would be wrong to not remain sceptical and cautious since there's too many games that have seemed promising that flop massively even though some had games made before them which were wonderful works.

PS As I felt like the hypnochair and tentacle wall traps never got a chance to shine in Mission Mermaiden as a result of them being purely in the last like 2-3 levels, I don't know if that's just me though?
(MCswagger's mod helps a ton with getting the hypnochair more noticed since it also removed each unique chair having to be visited and forced you to them) I think so due to maybe attempting to cram them in slightly at the last bit of development without enough time to fully test that last area zone out.

Last edited:

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I think their speed can be attributed to the fact that this isn't the first game they've made with this current game engine. Mission Mermaiden was a learning process for them and now they're used to it to the point that they can be more efficient. Plus, there's always the possibility they might've cut some content from Mermaiden that they couldn't fit into Mermaiden so they carried it over to this game.

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
When the bondage is too tight and you need help being untied:
Mizuku did similar scenes in Tale of Undercrust, only if you made the "mistake" of going to the men to get help, you got groped as a bonus. Of course, that wasn't rope bondage, but the hacked suit&strap-in vibrator that the iron queen locks you into if you don't break her grab fast enough, which thinkng about it probably went on to inspire the slave suit of Mermaiden and the hypno suit we've seen teasers for here. Mizuku's tastes are as cultured as ever!

Be interesting to see if Hachina also gets the opportunity to ask for help from some more handsy people...

Boxtie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Mizuku did similar scenes in Tale of Undercrust, only if you made the "mistake" of going to the men to get help, you got groped as a bonus. Of course, that wasn't rope bondage, but the hacked suit&strap-in vibrator that the iron queen locks you into if you don't break her grab fast enough, which thinkng about it probably went on to inspire the slave suit of Mermaiden and the hypno suit we've seen teasers for here. Mizuku's tastes are as cultured as ever!

Be interesting to see if Hachina also gets the opportunity to ask for help from some more handsy people...
I vaguely remember Mizuku possibly saying something like "don't ask help from the wrong people" but it could be a false memory...