What's new

ACT Abandoned [Heliodor]あやかし紅白戦 (Ayakashi Kouhakusen)

OP
cybeast

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
Looks like me when I woke up.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The fuck, was it public knowledge that they had cancer? I had no idea, so hearing about their death feels like I've just been punched in the gut.

Rest in peace. I hope you're in a better place now, free from the bitch that is cancer.

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
DeepL of the announcements:
We are sad to announce that Helio, the head of our game club Heliodor, passed away recently.

Helio was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer when he was admitted to hospital in late September after complaining of poor health. It was a farewell too soon.

The circle "Heliodor" has been continued by Helio and myself "Tonno 16 (programmer)", but we cannot continue without Helio, who has been responsible for most of the circle management and game development. Therefore, we have to stop the development of Ayakashi Kouhaku-sen, which you have been expecting for a long time (there is no one to replace Helio).

We will keep this page on Ci-en as it is part of the history of Helio and me, but there is no longer any point in continuing with the monthly plan, so we will remove the subscription plan (just in time for the end of the month, so you won't be charged for October).

Thank you very much for your support and help so far!

Postscript

I will continue to be in charge of the maintenance of the games we have sold so far (Vita Great Escape, etc.). I will also keep this page, so please don't worry that the circle will not disappear completely. If you have any problems with past games running on the latest Windows versions, please let us know and we'll do our best to help!
RIP to a very talented developer with some great sprite-art. The new project had a lot of potential, too.

OP
cybeast

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
Damn :( what a news to end October

Was looking forward to this game too...

Condolences for the dev's family and team :'(

SpectreHD

Reputation score
Holy shit.

This is a massive loss to the doujin H game world because it is hard to find good developers. I hope the rest of Heliodor find success in whatever they will pursue.

I suggest a change to the OP to include the post.

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Crap. This a huge blow.

Best wishes to his family and his kin.

Ellu Fishi

Reputation score
H-Holy shit...
He said it was only some sickness with weird name, not cancer...
fuck man...Condolences to their entire family, friends and everyone else.

Trin182

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
RIP

I'm saddened that a game with so much potential won't be finished, but I'm certainly more sad that Helio is gone. Of all the devs I follow on Ci-en, Helio's posts were some I always made sure to keep up with, as they were informative, interesting, and really good at peeling back the layers to game development. Helio will certainly be missed.

tsuchinoko92

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Requiescat in pace.

Such a cruel and slow death, Helio will be dearly missed, but his suffering ended.

Hudan Jones

Reputation score

alright, I'm not gonna lie that i am still feeling down and depressed after last week announcement about Helio-san death and discontinued of Ayakashi, but there is a recent post just now in the Ci-en talking about past-story of this person (i assume it's the programmer that working together with Helio) and how did they meet Helio irl, they even said that they have the unfinished Ayakashi and other stuff that Helio-san havent reveal yet in his ci-en or twitter

interestingly, the game is almost finished with 4 stages in total, and all it left is implementing mid-boss and improving background of the each stages

im not trying to spread false information here, but... judging from what this person said, they will continue and finish Ayakashi, then after that, they will quit for good (I'm using google translation, so i might be wrong translating this all), there is still hope for this game to be finished guys, i can feel it.

sorry for Necro-ing this thread btw, thought you guys deserve to know about this

Last edited: