What's new

ACT Abandoned [Heliodor]あやかし紅白戦 (Ayakashi Kouhakusen)

Ellu Fishi

Reputation score
Just as a side note unrelated to the game, the developer said that when Helio was in the hospital, he liked a drink which is called "Chill Out". I'll uhh....try to look for that and drink it in his name I think.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Just as a side note unrelated to the game, the developer said that when Helio was in the hospital, he liked a drink which is called "Chill Out". I'll uhh....try to look for that and drink it in his name I think.
Out of curiosity, I googled it and found this:

Evidently it's a Coke product in Japan that has hemp in it. No luck for anyone in the US, I guess.

OP
cybeast

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

alright, I'm not gonna lie that i am still feeling down and depressed after last week announcement about Helio-san death and discontinued of Ayakashi, but there is a recent post just now in the Ci-en talking about past-story of this person (i assume it's the programmer that working together with Helio) and how did they meet Helio irl, they even said that they have the unfinished Ayakashi and other stuff that Helio-san havent reveal yet in his ci-en or twitter

interestingly, the game is almost finished with 4 stages in total, and all it left is implementing mid-boss and improving background of the each stages

im not trying to spread false information here, but... judging from what this person said, they will continue and finish Ayakashi, then after that, they will quit for good (I'm using google translation, so i might be wrong translating this all), there is still hope for this game to be finished guys, i can feel it.

sorry for Necro-ing this thread btw, thought you guys deserve to know about this
I think you're quite right, it seems he'll finished Ayakashi first before quitting, or continue for other game as he hasn't decided yet.

overl33t

Reputation score
Out of curiosity, I googled it and found this:

Evidently it's a Coke product in Japan that has hemp in it. No luck for anyone in the US, I guess.

From the website itself:

'Energy' is needed in every situation these days.
But, don't you think 'Relaxation' is more important than that?

Hudan Jones

Reputation score
well, hello guys, it has been a while isn't it, sorry for suddenly necro-ing the thread but i feel i need to share the recent news about Heliodor's Ayakashi (once again, i will remind you all that English isn't my first language, but i will try my best to explain the whole things in here, I'm sorry if i misspoken or saying something offensive)

there is a new post in Heliodor's ci-en, it's about the とんの16 guy who i mentioned in my previous post back in November (actually, i might forget to include his name at that time, my bad)

--------
long story short: after Heliodor-san passed away, とんの16 decides to take over to honor Helidor's name and his selfless effort, continuing the development of Ayakashi with all available properties that heliodor left from CG arts, pixel/sprite animations, background design, etc.... there might gonna be some missing stuff when the game is finished, but it is better than nothing

but the main problem was he cannot do that in that time because とんの16 currently still working together with Rusimarudo (the same circle that made Goblin Walker) because of a contract, until then all we can do is wait

A few months have passed since then, I'm not sure what's going on but Rusimarudo keep delaying "Dungeon Erotic Master" for almost 2 months now, all i can understand is that their reason was [it not ready yet] or [still requires more testing] or [we need more time to add more contents]. with that said since the game とんの16 working on getting delayed, so does his contract get prolonged as well
TLDR: undesirable as it is, とんの16 need to stick around with Rusimarudo for a bit longer

and now, I'm not sure if this a good news but the "Dungeon Erotic Master" is complete and ready to be published on March 16, at last とんの16 contract's is finally over, now he can focus on Ayakashi without any more issues.... or so i **thought**

-------
it seems there is a change of plan, in the recent Heliodor's ci-en post とんの16 implying that "Dungeon Erotic Master" will be the last doujin program he works, he did not mention anything about Ayakashi at all, and last but not least he said now he can quit for good since he got accepted and will be working in certain gaming industry. again i do HOPE i am mistranslating these all wrong, this is just too sudden, i can't even believe what in the hell did i just read...

did i misinterpret everything until now? i even asked my friend that could understand Japanese just to be sure, they said that とんの16 didn't mention anything about continuing the incomplete game.

now i feel like shit, i don't know what's going on anymore

Ayakashi Kouhakusen is truly abandoned, i have nothing to say about this... heliodor has worked on this game for so long, it can't stop now, not like this
I'm sorry guys, i really am

Mook

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
well, hello guys, it has been a while isn't it, sorry for suddenly necro-ing the thread but i feel i need to share the recent news about Heliodor's Ayakashi (once again, i will remind you all that English isn't my first language, but i will try my best to explain the whole things in here, I'm sorry if i misspoken or saying something offensive)

there is a new post in Heliodor's ci-en, it's about the とんの16 guy who i mentioned in my previous post back in November (actually, i might forget to include his name at that time, my bad)

--------
long story short: after Heliodor-san passed away, とんの16 decides to take over to honor Helidor's name and his selfless effort, continuing the development of Ayakashi with all available properties that heliodor left from CG arts, pixel/sprite animations, background design, etc.... there might gonna be some missing stuff when the game is finished, but it is better than nothing

but the main problem was he cannot do that in that time because とんの16 currently still working together with Rusimarudo (the same circle that made Goblin Walker) because of a contract, until then all we can do is wait

A few months have passed since then, I'm not sure what's going on but Rusimarudo keep delaying "Dungeon Erotic Master" for almost 2 months now, all i can understand is that their reason was [it not ready yet] or [still requires more testing] or [we need more time to add more contents]. with that said since the game とんの16 working on getting delayed, so does his contract get prolonged as well
TLDR: undesirable as it is, とんの16 need to stick around with Rusimarudo for a bit longer

and now, I'm not sure if this a good news but the "Dungeon Erotic Master" is complete and ready to be published on March 16, at last とんの16 contract's is finally over, now he can focus on Ayakashi without any more issues.... or so i **thought**

-------
it seems there is a change of plan, in the recent Heliodor's ci-en post とんの16 implying that "Dungeon Erotic Master" will be the last doujin program he works, he did not mention anything about Ayakashi at all, and last but not least he said now he can quit for good since he got accepted and will be working in certain gaming industry. again i do HOPE i am mistranslating these all wrong, this is just too sudden, i can't even believe what in the hell did i just read...

did i misinterpret everything until now? i even asked my friend that could understand Japanese just to be sure, they said that とんの16 didn't mention anything about continuing the incomplete game.

now i feel like shit, i don't know what's going on anymore

Ayakashi Kouhakusen is truly abandoned, i have nothing to say about this... heliodor has worked on this game for so long, it can't stop now, not like this
I'm sorry guys, i really am
Honestly I get where that とんの16 guy is coming from. it would be nice as a gesture to keep working on the game, but at what point does he end up hitting a roadblock? only so much more game can be completed with just the one person, and without an artist, and Heliodor was the artist, right? then I definitely understand his wanting to accept that game dev offer, it sucks to see a game abandoned, but with Heliodor's death that I think the project they were both working on had a tough chance of being finished, so I don't blame とんの16 for going back on his word, especially considering how soon it was after Heliodor's death that he made the original promise, I suspect after the emotions subsided for a bit he must have realized how unrealistic that must have seemed. it IS a shitty sitution, but that's life. RIP Heliodor.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I think this guy is incredibly shameless. Not only is he using a dead guy's blog, his own teammate, to advertise his adventures with other H games projects, but he went back on his word for the original reason and purpose the blog and his teammate was dedicated for. I mean, at least he didn't try to seek donations or whatever for the project, no doubt certain patreon developers would have jumped to do something like that, and no doubt it would have been funded with the way people are these days.... But I digress, this project is Berserk'd and the blog was never worth keeping tabs on after the death of the artist anyway. If he really went back on his word, then for shame, truly.

bgnac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Honestly I get where that とんの16 guy is coming from. it would be nice as a gesture to keep working on the game, but at what point does he end up hitting a roadblock? only so much more game can be completed with just the one person, and without an artist, and Heliodor was the artist, right? then I definitely understand his wanting to accept that game dev offer, it sucks to see a game abandoned, but with Heliodor's death that I think the project they were both working on had a tough chance of being finished, so I don't blame とんの16 for going back on his word, especially considering how soon it was after Heliodor's death that he made the original promise, I suspect after the emotions subsided for a bit he must have realized how unrealistic that must have seemed. it IS a shitty sitution, but that's life. RIP Heliodor.
It's really weird, because from what the programmer guy said, he basically has the sprite resources to finish a playable game if you ignore the H scene asset.
But now he won't complete it.

I think this guy is incredibly shameless. Not only is he using a dead guy's blog, his own teammate, to advertise his adventures with other H games projects, but he went back on his word for the original reason and purpose the blog and his teammate was dedicated for. I mean, at least he didn't try to seek donations or whatever for the project, no doubt certain patreon developers would have jumped to do something like that, and no doubt it would have been funded with the way people are these days.... But I digress, this project is Berserk'd and the blog was never worth keeping tabs on after the death of the artist anyway. If he really went back on his word, then for shame, truly.
Technically the dead guy was also in on those other H games. The ones where ONLY the programmer was involved are all non H.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
It's really weird, because from what the programmer guy said, he basically has the sprite resources to finish a playable game if you ignore the H scene asset.
But now he won't complete it.

Technically the dead guy was also in on those other H games. The ones where ONLY the programmer was involved are all non H.
Oh. I guess it's only fair then if they had advertised it in conjunction while the artist was still alive.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Just as a quick comment on this (although I'm very late on this because in general life has been absorbing a lot of my time): I think there may have been some confusion. To quote from the original (sad) announcement of Helio's death:

https://ci-en.dlsite.com/creator/59/article/547953 said:
サークル「ヘリオドール」はヘリオと私「とんの16(プログラム担当)」の二人体制で続けてまいりましたが、サークル運営及びゲーム開発の大部分を担ってきたヘリオを抜きにして継続させることはできないため、これをもって解散といたします。したがって、皆様に長らくご期待いただいた「あやかし紅白戦」は、誠に勝手ではありますが開発中止としなければなりません(ヘリオの代わりは誰もいません)
Habisain Translating said:
Circle Heliodor was comprised of two people, Helio and myself. I, とんの16, was the programmer and Helio was in charge of art, management, game development, promotion and everything else. As I am not capable of taking on Helio's responsibilities, Circle Heliodor is being dissolved. This means that the game "Ayakashi Kouhakusen", which everyone has been looking forward to, has been discontinued. While this might seem selfish of me, I do not believe anyone could replace Helio.
The subsequent post talked about how とんの16 was helping fulfil Helio's work on Dungeon Ero Plus ( ), as well as being a personal tribute to Helio and some explanation of where things were with Ayakashi Kouhakusen. My guess is that @Hudan Jones @overl33t might have missed that とんの16 was only working on Dungeon Ero Plus and assumed that とんの16 was also working to complete Ayakashi Kouhakusen, but unless I've missed something major that was never mentioned. Indeed, the second post specifically stated "ヘリオドールの活動は終わりましたが" - "Heliodor's activities are over".

To be honest, my impression is that とんの16 does not have the skills in game design to finish the game, even if a lot of the assets are there, and does not want to bring in someone else because in their view, Helio's contribution to Ayakashi Kouhakusen cannot be replaced by someone else. It's a sad announcement, but that's unfortunately how things are, especially when a friend dies.

And for those who think it's shady that とんの16 is using Circle Heliodor's blog still, it should be noted that transferring the remaining parts of Heliodor to とんの16 was the express wishes of Helio. Helio did know for a while that his prospects didn't look great, and while he didn't give up, he did plan for this eventuality.

And while late, I'll also pay my condolences to Helio here.

EDIT: See two posts down, but it looks like I didn't read far back enough in this thread and wrongly besmirched Hudan Jones, when Overl33t has taken a mea culpa below. Apologies Hudan.

Last edited:

Ghotty

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Damn, I didn't know heliodor passed away. o7, will be remembered more than most.

overl33t

Reputation score

alright, I'm not gonna lie that i am still feeling down and depressed after last week announcement about Helio-san death and discontinued of Ayakashi, but there is a recent post just now in the Ci-en talking about past-story of this person (i assume it's the programmer that working together with Helio) and how did they meet Helio irl, they even said that they have the unfinished Ayakashi and other stuff that Helio-san havent reveal yet in his ci-en or twitter

interestingly, the game is almost finished with 4 stages in total, and all it left is implementing mid-boss and improving background of the each stages

im not trying to spread false information here, but... judging from what this person said, they will continue and finish Ayakashi, then after that, they will quit for good (I'm using google translation, so i might be wrong translating this all), there is still hope for this game to be finished guys, i can feel it.

sorry for Necro-ing this thread btw, thought you guys deserve to know about this
Actually reading back, the misunderstanding of Tonno16 actually came from this post.

There was no specific mention of the programmer promising to release the project for sale, only that Heliodor was already preparing for this outcome and taking over the project shouldn't be a problem since most of the programming was done by him.

P,S,; Please do not rely on Google Translate too much if you are going to be interpreting anything.