ACT Patreon Active [HentaiWriter] Future Fragments

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hello, just wanted to tell you how much i enjoyed the various demos and your frequent updates.
I hope you don't release the game for free as it surely took a lot of hard work.

Have a great weekend!
Thanks a lot man, that means a lot :) the only reason we'd not publish it to Steam by the 31st of December is if something catastrophic happened to us, and if it did, then we'd put it out for free of course. So it's heavily unlikely it'll come out for free, but we wanted to make that assurance just to drive home how serious we are about getting it out by then.

Huge image
I hope you'll add to this if we get it out by then and stick to our promise :p

XD lmao
And Yeah i second what cyn said.
Your bet shows a lot of respect though! But yeah i second what cyn said

So
Best of luck, man!
Here's hoping the game lives up to how much time we've spent on it; I personally think it does, but that doesn't matter, since you guys are the people we're making it for, so your opinion is what'll matter in the end.

Good luck! (I thought this project was abandoned to be perfectly honest. So it's a nice surprise.)
I'll add, there are (still) a lot of devs who release free games - even a couple on Patreon! Donations for a job well done are a thing too.
And there is also itch.io with its "name your price" system, which AFAIK is unique to them.
We've still been releasing updates frequently on Discord; come by and visit sometime!

For the donations yeah, that'll help, but I'm currently $40,000+ in debt from funding assets for the game, so I mean, ideally we'll be able to sell it not for free because I really need to recoup that debt.
But we only have ourselves to blame if we do end up having to make good on that promise to give it out for free if we go past that date!

chucknoris35

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Thanks a lot man, that means a lot :) the only reason we'd not publish it to Steam by the 31st of December is if something catastrophic happened to us, and if it did, then we'd put it out for free of course. So it's heavily unlikely it'll come out for free, but we wanted to make that assurance just to drive home how serious we are about getting it out by then.

I hope you'll add to this if we get it out by then and stick to our promise :p

Here's hoping the game lives up to how much time we've spent on it; I personally think it does, but that doesn't matter, since you guys are the people we're making it for, so your opinion is what'll matter in the end.

We've still been releasing updates frequently on Discord; come by and visit sometime!

For the donations yeah, that'll help, but I'm currently $40,000+ in debt from funding assets for the game, so I mean, ideally we'll be able to sell it not for free because I really need to recoup that debt.
But we only have ourselves to blame if we do end up having to make good on that promise to give it out for free if we go past that date!
Hey it's all fun and games, I was a supporter for quite a while during production. Much love.

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Really hope y'all are able to recoup some of the costs of production, looks to have been a massive effort. I remember hearing the announcement for this years ago and man it's evolved and come a long way. I believe without a doubt that the game should be released with whatever price tag you guys feel appropriate for all the work you guys put in all these years. People deserve to be paid for the work they do after all.

Looking forward to the release and wishing y'all the best.

ChupacabraGonzales

Reputation score
I appreciate the dev being transparent and committed to releasing a good quality product instead of rushing out some MVP just to meet the deadline.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
It'll come out on December 31st at 11:59 PM their time.

lol. I can't.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
It'll come out on December 31st at 11:59 PM their time.

lol. I can't.
Actually, we said we'd *submit* it to Steam then; there's no way to put a definitive date because Steam reviews take between 1-2 weeks, so the release date is more up to Steam at that point.

But it will be submitted by then, right at the last second, because we want to take every minute we can to get it to completion before submitting it.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
#6 July 25th progress report.png

Additionally, I just posted 2 of the 40 ending songs (across 21+ endings) as a preview over on the Discord, at

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
> 40 ending songs
....what? Why...
Almost all "true" endings (21 of them) will get two tracks, layered in a similar dynamic way as the regular stage tracks are.
Initially, part 1 of a given ending's two tracks will play, and then when the ending script/voiceover gets to a certain part, the track will crossfade seamlessly into part 2.

The reason why we have that many is because the script for each ending will usually generally cover the events from exactly when you beat the true final boss, to hundreds of years afterwards, and as a result, the world and events within it can change pretty drastically during that time, so a single song won't really cover those changes all that well.

There's also around 20 or so secret endings that will be in either at launch or shortly thereafter, and most of those will get their own original music too.

Finally, the bad endings at the end of the game (4 of them) will get one song with 4 variants.

I assume that "defeat bad ends" are counted among those 21+ endings.
The "defeat bad ends" get a variety of songs too, with every level getting;

- one variant of the main tune for the level when clothed sex happens
- another variant when nude sex happens
- one original song that plays for all four enemies in the level's CGs
- another original song for each level's boss (and the Celodst Emperor gets a unique one just for the sprite animation)

So total between the levels, that'd be about another 20-ish songs there too.

There's also roughly 1,000 custom sound effects in the game, including things like 5-6 different stepping sound effects for light/heavy enemies on different terrain (grass, metal, wood, molten rock, ice, etc.), almost every powerup (50 of them) getting unique SFX, and so on.

Voicework I figure by now people know we went really hard on, with around 60 voice actors now on the project across over 300 roles and an estimated 25 hours of voicework, and doing things like the Electric Level boss sex scene having over 100 unique moans/orgasm noises just for it for each mix of vibrators/sex toys you can use on her, plus a lot of enemies getting unique moans that get randomized into pools so each sex event has slightly different audio and enemies get audio that fit the actual action.

The thing I'm getting at with all this is that when we started this project, it was really important to me that the sound design not be ignored; I'd played way too many H-games with great graphics and animation and gameplay, but where 4-5 moans were used for every event, so you'd hear the same moan regardless of if she was getting fucked by an imp with a tiny dick or a tentacle monster with a 4 foot long, 1 foot diameter tentacle, and it just felt really awkward as a result. Similarly, a lot of h-games (and SFW games too) just ignore music and sound effects too; of course I realize cost is an issue, I don't expect everyone to go this crazy with audio, but it was just a goal of mine that we shouldn't neglect the audio side of things.

Kind of long-winded but hopefully that gives more perspective on why we've got so many ending songs; we just want the payoff for the ending of the game that the player worked hard to get to, to be a big one, especially with how much the personality value stuff in-game can shift the ending, to make all the choices the player's made along the way really matter.

ChupacabraGonzales

Reputation score
The thing I'm getting at with all this is that when we started this project, it was really important to me that the sound design not be ignored; I'd played way too many H-games with great graphics and animation and gameplay, but where 4-5 moans were used for every event, so you'd hear the same moan regardless of if she was getting fucked by an imp with a tiny dick or a tentacle monster with a 4 foot long, 1 foot diameter tentacle, and it just felt really awkward as a result. Similarly, a lot of h-games (and SFW games too) just ignore music and sound effects too; of course I realize cost is an issue, I don't expect everyone to go this crazy with audio, but it was just a goal of mine that we shouldn't neglect the audio side of things.

Kind of long-winded but hopefully that gives more perspective on why we've got so many ending songs; we just want the payoff for the ending of the game that the player worked hard to get to, to be a big one, especially with how much the personality value stuff in-game can shift the ending, to make all the choices the player's made along the way really matter.
I agree. I remember when I fist tried the Electric Level demo, I wasn't that much into pixel art back then, but it was the voice acting that got me interested in this game. I believe it was the 2nd project I ever supported on Patreon, just to get an idea of how compelling a little bit of sound design can be when done well.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I agree. I remember when I fist tried the Electric Level demo, I wasn't that much into pixel art back then, but it was the voice acting that got me interested in this game. I believe it was the 2nd project I ever supported on Patreon, just to get an idea of how compelling a little bit of sound design can be when done well.
Glad to hear it man :D we got a lot more quality voicework coming for the full game, plus some extra audio surprises!

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
#7 August 1st progress report.png

Additionally, I just posted 2 more of the 40 ending songs (across 21+ endings) as a preview over on the Discord, at

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
#8 August 8th progress report.png

If you'd like to send some well wishes to Wishful Simping, we've got a thread for him over on the Discord, at

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Where is admin?
It is about advertisement on your website.
Thank.
We don't have a website, besides one that just instantly redirects to the GameJolt demo, so there's no advertising on it.

Maybe wrong thread?

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yeah it's a bot, HW.
Don't let your guard down!
Lol, just kidding
(the second part. it IS a bot)

Status
Not open for further replies.