What's new

RPG Localization Mod Hunter's Quest - Aina's Fighting Story English Mod (RJ131569)

Meta1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ131569] Hunter's Quest - Aina's Fighting Story

So, weird bug that I'm not sure what it's related to. After roughly an hour of playing, saved and quit. Started back up, and there's no text box appearing. Dialogue progresses if I keep mashing enter, but no text appears.

Same thing happened after the old man/son paizuri scene in the slums. When I walked back into hut and talked again, the scene replayed, but no text. I had a save before that, so I reloaded it, played the scene, then just went on with questing as normal.

Karuadin

Reputation score

So, weird bug that I'm not sure what it's related to. After roughly an hour of playing, saved and quit. Started back up, and there's no text box appearing. Dialogue progresses if I keep mashing enter, but no text appears.

Same thing happened after the old man/son paizuri scene in the slums. When I walked back into hut and talked again, the scene replayed, but no text. I had a save before that, so I reloaded it, played the scene, then just went on with questing as normal.
YT accidentally linked the Shift key to hiding text boxes. If you interact with someone and no text shows up, try pressing Shift before proceeding with the conversation.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

YT accidentally linked the Shift key to hiding text boxes. If you interact with someone and no text shows up, try pressing Shift before proceeding with the conversation.
It wasn't an accident, I added the text hide because it was requested. Unfortunately, the script does not hide dark background text windows, so it is of limited use.

@Meta1: I created a version of the patch without the text hide. You can use that if you'd like, and then you won't have that issue. You can simply copy/paste these files over what you have. No need to restart or anything, it'll simply remove the text hide option.

Have fun!

Meta1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ah, awesome. Thanks!

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the translation, I was waiting for it, as I'm too lazy to decipher Japanese :p

Krystallize<3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Great game and (as far as i can tell after playing through it) complete and nice translation.

Keep up the good work :>

Wish I'd be able to translate from japanese :c

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Great game and (as far as i can tell after playing through it) complete and nice translation.

Keep up the good work :>

Wish I'd be able to translate from japanese :c
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I know it is no epic, but I think it does enough to be a fun game overall. I was especially pleased with both of the bad endings, as I thought the original developer was devilishly devious.

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

yes its great work you have done there! i also loved the breeding ending )))

honglong17

Reputation score

thank you for your hardwork, now, did you know any post that have walkthough ? i had been try to seach it myself but still not able to dig it out

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

thank you for your hardwork, now, did you know any post that have walkthough ? i had been try to seach it myself but still not able to dig it out
It's posted in the original thread referenced on the opening page - walkthrough by SFrame

AzureGrimoire

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is the dl link you provided the Full Game? Or Patch Files?

Hoboy

Reputation score

Are you asking about Yummy's translation or the walkthrough I posted? If Yummy's files on page one, they are a patch to the original, with "adaptations" added. Not the complete game - acquire the original and add. The walkthrough I posted a link to is to the 1.04b version of the complete game as of 6/2014, so without the added material that is Yummy's...

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Only the patch files. You need to obtain the game on your own. I think it only costs around $7 on DLSite, but there are other ways to acquire it as well. I'd rather see people support the original dev, so I'm only sharing the patch files.

Hope you enjoy it!

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You should probably make the no text hide version the default download rather than the alternative one if you haven't done so already, considering how many get confused by it and how often people hit it accidentally. Especially since it doesn't fulfill the function text hides are for, which is to hide the box so that it doesn't block the CG. Either that or make it so that you need to hold the button down rather than it being a toggle. The toggle part is especially problematic since it persists until you press the key again, even when you're not even in a conversation.

Satsujinki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I found a bug where often there is no dialogue box & texts.... although the npcs seemed responding....

Restarting the game seemed to work though....
But then the bug happened again after some time...

Edit :

NVM , it seems that i pressed SHIFT by mistake

Last edited:

Hoboy

Reputation score

Yes - I think there should be something more obvious maybe in the OP where the download link is as to the hide text function - especially as it can be accidentally hit when you're running around a dungeon (it happened to me a bunch in the castle in the sky)...a lot of us are used to shift as a speed up function key...

borkenone

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Somehow I got a bug after instilled the translation.
the text box and texts themselves sometimes won't show up at all,
it happens very random but way too often to stand.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Somehow I got a bug after instilled the translation.
the text box and texts themselves sometimes won't show up at all,
it happens very random but way too often to stand.
youre sure youre not accidentally clicking shift ?
(at least i think it was shift.)

borkenone

Demon Girl
Reputation score

youre sure youre not accidentally clicking shift ?
(at least i think it was shift.)
Oh, that's probably the case, I didn't noticed that but my "shift" might be stuck or something, I tried clicking it a few time and now the problem seems to be gone.

Thanks.

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

so I'm only finding the 1.04c version of the game, does the translation work on that regardless?
Better not assume you can port over to the latest version, right?