What's new

RPG Localization Mod Hunter's Quest - Aina's Fighting Story English Mod (RJ131569)

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ131569] Hunter's Quest - Aina's Fighting Story

so I'm only finding the 1.04c version of the game, does the translation work on that regardless?
Better not assume you can port over to the latest version, right?
Pretty sure 1.04c is the most recent version, but it will work. Also, I think it is only $7 at DLSite as well, if you end up liking the game enough to support the original dev.

The translation patch replaces the data files, and was created from 1.04c, so it should update any version to 1.04c.

Finally, I'll update the patch today or tomorrow to simply remove the text hide. It doesn't work well enough to warrant keeping with the issues people have.

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The translation patch replaces the data files, and was created from 1.04c, so it should update any version to 1.04c.
ah alright, I thought it was from version 1.01 or something, then its fine :D

Finally, I'll update the patch today or tomorrow to simply remove the text hide. It doesn't work well enough to warrant keeping with the issues people have.
was that a feature you added yourself? I'd say keep it, its useful at times,
I remember having small issues with some other game, but after a figured that out it was pretty fine, maybe make sure its apparent somewhere people will read

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

was that a feature you added yourself? I'd say keep it, its useful at times,
I remember having small issues with some other game, but after a figured that out it was pretty fine, maybe make sure its apparent somewhere people will read
Yea, Molitar requested it and I added the script. It is meant for Yanfly's system, so it is not perfect. For example, in Aylia's Story, the script does not let the game progress with the message box hidden (that would solve all the problems). Also, it does not hide "dark" message boxes, which all the h-scenes in this game use. Therefore, while it does hide the text, it is quite limited.

What I'll do is make the default version without that script, then put it as an optional download, instead of vice-versa (as it is setup now). Due to how the patch works, you won't have to start over or anything, existing saves will work just fine.

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

btw, as an extra bonus points, didi you also include the "f5 to stretch screen" script?

Valornim

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For those who could not buy the game on the Japanese version of the site DLsite, it is now available on the English version of the site.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For those who could not buy the game on the Japanese version of the site DLsite, it is now available on the English version of the site.
Thank for the information! I updated the first page.

Jetaum

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How many total endings are there?

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't really know, but I can safely say there's at least two.

Lucy Heartfillia

Sex Demon
Reputation score

i hink there a minimum 3, 1 corrupted, 1 pregnant and 1 normal.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How many total endings are there?
There are 4 endings. Getting them is based on your corruption and the number of contracts you complete (including getting the demon parts).

High corruption gets you the two bad endings (which I think are the most unique)

Low corruption gets you the normal and best endings.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What's the high corruption cut off point it uses for the two related bad ends?

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What's the high corruption cut off point it uses for the two related bad ends?
Ending cutoffs are as follows:

• 80 Corruption or higher and completing less than 7 contracts gets you the "breeder" ending.
  • 80 corruption or higher and completing 7 or more contracts (I believe there are 8 total) gets you the "fallen" bad ending.
  • 50 corruption or lower and completing all 8 contracts successfully earns you the best ending.
  • Any other combination earns you the "normal" ending.

For those curious, the 8 contracts are:
  • Super Enhancer Potion
  • Giant Serpent
  • Zombie Subjugation
  • Demon Arms
  • Demon Legs
  • Demon Torso
  • Demon Heart
  • Demon Head

It is possible to fail to acquire the demon parts and still progress the game. I thought that was a kind of cool addition by the developer.

Dalurker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ending cutoffs are as follows:

• 80 Corruption or higher and completing less than 7 contracts gets you the "breeder" ending.
  • 80 corruption or higher and completing 7 or more contracts (I believe there are 8 total) gets you the "fallen" bad ending.
  • 50 corruption or lower and completing all 8 contracts successfully earns you the best ending.
  • Any other combination earns you the "normal" ending.

For those curious, the 8 contracts are:
  • Super Enhancer Potion
  • Giant Serpent
  • Zombie Subjugation
  • Demon Arms
  • Demon Legs
  • Demon Torso
  • Demon Heart
  • Demon Head

It is possible to fail to acquire the demon parts and still progress the game. I thought that was a kind of cool addition by the developer.
I had NO idea the game had bad endings related to corruption :p

That's why I was getting such crappy ending every time. I was like "But wait! I am with the good guys!".

Time for a purer replay, it seems ;D

Loikujm

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It is really hard to convey how happy I am for this translation, so I'll just say thank you YummyTiger.

Sterben

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

1.0.3 is last update version? or 1.04b?

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

on dlsite its 1.05
But I'm assuming, given text on OP, that patch is still only 1.03
would be a drag to port everything to the new versions anyway, any clues on what are we missing?

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

1.0.3 is last update version? or 1.04b?
on dlsite its 1.05
But I'm assuming, given text on OP, that patch is still only 1.03
would be a drag to port everything to the new versions anyway, any clues on what are we missing?
Umm. Someone discussed this with YummyTiger only one page back, and apparently the v1.03 of the English TL patch was made using v1.04c of the game...

Also the game's v1.05 -which I'm not even sure is not 1.04c, just renamed v1.05 for convenience's sake-, only had this bugfix (according to ENG DLsite link, provided in the OP):
* Ver1.05
Fixed bug regarding incorrect button display; however, as a result of this
the info display feature for items and skills is disabled.

LonerPrime

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry for dusting this thread but I had a quick question regarding the game-play, something I couldn't find the in the walk-through. A bit of spoilers so gonna use the hidden feature.

I am trying to aim for a good/zero lewdness ending but right now after getting my license and finishing my first alchemy quest, I am kinda stuck. Before Aina became a hunter the innkeeper was a lady waiting for her husband but after talking to a suspicious guy outside the hunter guild she has been replaced with that guy now and whenever I try to rent a room, he ends up screwing Aina which kind of adds to her lewdness for the first time. I am trying to avoid that but no matter how much I change maps, the guy remains there. Is it not possible to skip his initial event at all? Do I have to let him fuck Aina for the lady innkeeper to start showing up?

I mean to be very honest it isn't a game breaker. I can circumnavigate the issue by chugging potions for now but is there any other inn in the game further along the storyline where I can rest without being assaulted?

Last edited:
OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sorry for dusting this thread but I had a quick question regarding the game-play, something I couldn't find the in the walk-through. A bit of spoilers so gonna use the hidden feature.
In seeing your comment, I went back and looked at the game. I'm not sure if I did it, or if it was a bug in the original, but the Innkeeper's wife is supposed to stay at the counter as well. Basically, when he is there, she is at the counter also, but off to the side.

In her event, for some reason there was a blank event page located ahead of her innkeeper services when he is there, so that meant she never appeared properly. So, he was the only one available for most of the game. When she is there, you can always use her and never deal with the sleazy innkeeper altogether.

I'll upload 1.04 of the translation later this evening that will fix this issue. Thanks for reporting it!