What's new

RPG Localization Mod Hunter's Quest - Aina's Fighting Story English Mod (RJ131569)

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score
Re: [RJ131569] Hunter's Quest - Aina's Fighting Story

. I get that the change fit with my fetishes more than anyone else's, and that's just what happens when I'm the one who translates it
@YummyTiger:
For clarification, that's the statement that I was referring to when I said that; referring to the idea that the zombie scene was a matter of translation, when in reality it was a subjective change in content. What I'm saying isn't that you can't make a heavily modified version, just that you can't really say that you kept the 1.00 version as close as possible if you changed something that didn't "need" to be changed. (a joke without a direct translation is something that might need to be changed or explained, for example)

My point was simply that if you're going to frame one of the versions as a more direct translation, then wouldn't it be better to exclude none translation "changes" in content? After all, The people who are going to play that version over the modded one probably want to play the game as close to the dev's intentions as possible. For everyone else, they'll play the modded version with your improvements, which would include cases like the zombie scene, or the expanded talk about the villain.

Of course, like I said in my first post; I don't expect you to cater to people like me and keep up with two versions since it would be a huge hassle, and as you said, you planned on making changes from the start. It was more just saying "This is why people like me won't be able to play it", as opposed to telling you to change it. The rest was just because you didn't seem to see why anyone would have a problem with small changes in the first place.

Last edited:

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Ok, new "testing" :) report:
- sometimes characters have no dialogue but you still have to press Z a few times to move - Examples I found: After getting supplement from the guy, talking to the lady outside the house. After one of the Wolf guys is taken prisoner, talking to the prison guard.
- Eclipse started and some dialogue before going downstairs seems machine translated.
- During the scene after getting beaten by teddybear, one name is left japanese

Hallerai

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hello, I just did a blind play of the game and noticed some of the above issues that people are bringing forth. I did find one that no one else seems to have found yet, but on my second play through I noticed that some of the flags from my 1st play through carried over to the new one, so I become unable to take anymore guild quests, or enter the prince's palace after speaking to the brothel worker. I played until they added new quest to the board but I was still unable to take the quests, the clerk just says that there's no quests at the moment.

Edit: I did a brand new run through and that seems to be fine, though I did remove all my saves from the game folder when I started a new play through.

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I said, in the future, I'd take that into account. That when starting a translation, I'd consider putting in the effort to create two versions.
That's a really good thing, even though it takes much more time than you'd usually take to translate a game.

It's a good thing because, while the game might be good, if you hadn't changed that scene it would probably be the same as 90% of the scenes in said game, which has the same fetishes as 90% of h-games.

Having two version for people who like the normal game and for people who would like to see "what it could've been" is great, so thanks for doing that.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the reports, keep them coming. A few of those were ones I did not know about. Also, if you are running into issues where text is not showing up, make sure you didn't press SHIFT to hide the textbox. In Aylia's Story, that script is set to not advance the dialogue when the textbox is hidden, but that modified version relied on Yanfly's message system, which Hunter's Quest does not have. I created a version of the translation without the text hide, for people who have issues with dialogue not appearing, or get annoyed by the hiding. Since it doesn't hide the black background, it might not be worth it anyways.

Here is the link to version without text hide:

Also, for some of those still finding machine translations. It is because events are all over the map in many places. It can be hard to actually find some of these things, and often, I may miss a small chunk between transitions. I'm keeping a list of things, and will put out 1.0.4 at some point. Not as fast as the last three patches, as I have not seen anything major at this point.

Thanks!

@Kyrieru: Ah, thank you for the reply. I think I was just oversensitive there. I see your point and I apologize if I portrayed 1.0.0 as a true translation. I only meant it was the version without my entire quest additions and new CGs. Thanks.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Also, for some of those still finding machine translations. It is because events are all over the map in many places. It can be hard to actually find some of these things, and often, I may miss a small chunk between transitions. I'm keeping a list of things, and will put out 1.0.4 at some point. Not as fast as the last three patches, as I have not seen anything major at this point.

Thanks!
No worries, that's why we tell you about them and how to get'em^^

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

i let the translator decide what he wants to do. and im happy with the additional stuff YummyTiger decided to include. in the end, i would have not played this game otherwise. so i really dont mind any changes as long it make sense. to force YummyTiger to make 2 versions i just stupid. that would mean he will spend additional time just to please a few.

better let YummyTiger make the version he wants and then when done, he can start/continue his next project.

Reactions: Xil

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Found a untranslated line in the brothel.

tempmania

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Has anything been changed in the audio files version?

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Has anything been changed in the audio files version?
No, there shouldn't be. It should be the exact same except is includes the audio files for those who were getting audio file errors. It might not even help with that, but I figured I would try.

asodohatch

Reputation score

Just wanted to say thanks for the translation. Its a fun game, and i think your additions work well too :)

shruikaan

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I noticed something missing in the english version, like the female inkeeper and some soldiers in the bar, that are present when I use the japanese version. Are they intentionally missin?

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I noticed something missing in the english version, like the female inkeeper and some soldiers in the bar, that are present when I use the japanese version. Are they intentionally missin?
The Innkeepers change as the game progresses, but I'm pretty sure the woman is always there. The guy is there after Aina gets her Hunter's License and then go away when the eclipse occurs (I believe). I'll double check the Innkeeper events and make sure they are working. You're the first to report it.

As for the soldiers, they also change based on the timeline in the game. There is one to start, two during the middle portion, and one at the end. That is the same as the Japanese version.

skyrider

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thx for the translation YT

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Innkeepers change as the game progresses, but I'm pretty sure the woman is always there. The guy is there after Aina gets her Hunter's License and then go away when the eclipse occurs (I believe). I'll double check the Innkeeper events and make sure they are working. You're the first to report it.

As for the soldiers, they also change based on the timeline in the game. There is one to start, two during the middle portion, and one at the end. That is the same as the Japanese version.
When I played through, the bar had a woman behind the bar and two goons sitting at the table. Nobody else appeared and nothing changed throughout the whole game.

Well, no. the scene with the soldiers didn't become available until midgame, but the soldiers themselves never changed location or number.

I missed the scene myself, picked the wrong option.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

When I played through, the bar had a woman behind the bar and two goons sitting at the table. Nobody else appeared and nothing changed throughout the whole game.

Well, no. the scene with the soldiers didn't become available until midgame, but the soldiers themselves never changed location or number.

I missed the scene myself, picked the wrong option.
Looking at the events right now. They are set up correctly. If you go to the tavern immediately, before you pass the exam, there will be a single guard in the tavern. Then, there will be 2 guards until the eclipse begins (those guards have three sets of dialogue). Then, once the eclipse begins, there will be a single guard again. I tweaked the dialogue slightly, but made no changes.

That said, I think the original dev messed up slightly and should have set the single guard to progress variable 24, not 22, so that you see the single guard until you complete the first contract. It makes no sense set to 22, because you'd have to leave the guild prior to having Straus pass you, and I don't know who would do that. I'll change it in 1.0.4, but I'll reiterate, that it is setup how 1.04c was originally.

It doesn't surprise me that you only saw the two guards though, as that is basically how it is setup for 95% of the game. You have to explore during weird times to see otherwise.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I can confirm the fact there is only one (other) soldier before getting the badge (when you go to sleep after getting the result, you can leave your house and go to the bar before going to the guild), and he comes back after the eclipse.

The two soldiers are here for 90% of the game, but the off duty soldier is here at the start and at the end.

laarix

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

First, thanks for the translation YT :D
Second, does anyone have a full save with gallery unlocked? I completed the game but a few events were missing and the game really isn't that compelling to run a second time due to the boring amount of running around that you have to do to check for things.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

First, thanks for the translation YT :D
Second, does anyone have a full save with gallery unlocked? I completed the game but a few events were missing and the game really isn't that compelling to run a second time due to the boring amount of running around that you have to do to check for things.
Did you talk to the magic rod thingie in the gallery after completing the game? It should unlock all the scenes for you. The developer put that in, which I thought was a nice touch.

laarix

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Did you talk to the magic rod thingie in the gallery after completing the game? It should unlock all the scenes for you. The developer put that in, which I thought was a nice touch.
Thanks for the tip YT :)
I don't know why but i thought it could be some kind of "reset the gallery" option :V Maybe how it was worded that somehow confused me but it might just be me.