What's new

If you could change anything about yourself...

Tomoe

Lurker
Reputation score
So, basically this thread was made to ask you forum members, what if anything would you want to change about yourself and what would you like to keep the same? It doesn't have to be specific though that may make it more interesting.

I'll start. What I'd change is the way I respond to certain things without thinking because it's become a habit. For example, someone asks me if I'm fine, I'd say yes even if I meant to say no. I, however, enjoy the fact that I think differently from most people in terms of life and meaning.

Your turn.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: If you could change anything about yourself...

If I could change anything about myself, I'd make myself care. About something. Anything really.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'd change something about myself so tassi can care about me. :D

I really have no complaints. I'm a little financially below what I'd consider secure but it doesn't take much money to make me content at all. I guess I could have a bit more determination but nothing has ever been so pressing that I must drive to get it.
It'd be cool to have some level of self-esteem though. I mean, I pretty much base my opinion of myself on what I think other people feel about me. Social issue but everything can be helped I guess

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You know how sometimes taking a crap can be difficult? Sometimes it's the explosive diarrhea, sometimes it's so large and dense it feels like you're giving birth, while other times you have to strain and push for each little inch. Then there are times that you have to wipe eight or nine or thirty times to make sure your butthole's surface is completely clean.

I'd make it so that every time I had to take a crap, it would be super easy. It would happen every morning at the exact same time, like clockwork. I'd sit down and it would slide right out, with minimal splashing, and yet I'd still get the feeling of accomplishment that comes after a large and difficult piece of fecal matter. It would be an aroma pleasing to me, yet pungent to others, and I'd barely have to slide the toilet paper across my anus to be completely clean and fresh-smelling.

This probably wouldn't be the most important thing I'd change about myself, but it does serve to illustrate a point. It IS possible for me to make this change. I'd have to stick to a whole grain and protein diet every day, though, and the cure would be worse than the ailment in that case.

Most of the other things people say that they want to change about themselves are things that they actually COULD change, but they decide, on their own, that they have more important things than the desired change.

Gluttons who want to lose weight (as opposed to the small percentage of people that are genetically cursed), procrastinators who want to do well in school, and people who wish they had more time for their families all fit into this category. Sometimes they have very good reasons for NOT changing, but they can't honestly say they CAN'T.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I'd like to get rid of my chronic depression, it'd make life easier to deal with.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I would give myself more self-control, and get bored less easily.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Thinking about it, I'd make my ADHD go away.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd like to get rid of my Autism and my hatred for my older Brother

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd wanna' gain some height.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I want to find something I could see myself enjoy doing for the rest of my life.

And quickly, before I run out of time.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I procrastinate and do well in school :p
Actually I was the same way in school, but in this instance I was referring more to people whose academic performance suffered from procrastination.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Actually I was the same way in school, but in this instance I was referring more to people whose academic performance suffered from procrastination.
Same for that too. I mean, I'm perfect when it comes to classwork and the like, but projects and stuff kinda kill me. If I had better determination, I'd be straight A in everything. I've never even had to study for a test in my life. It's just that my grade always ends up going down to B's and low A's from not doing work

Now how do you mean it, procrastination towards work, towards study, in general?

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Same for that too. I mean, I'm perfect when it comes to classwork and the like, but projects and stuff kinda kill me. If I had better determination, I'd be straight A in everything. I've never even had to study for a test in my life. It's just that my grade always ends up going down to B's and low A's from not doing work

Now how do you mean it, procrastination towards work, towards study, in general?
I'd have to say i meant procrastination in general. Really, it applies to one's work as well I suppose, though that would depend on your job.

I mean, if I had buckled down a little harder in college, I probably could have pulled dean's list every semester.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I'm sorry to say I'm that lucky person who never works and always leaves things until the last minute but still somehow comes out with straight As.:eek:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, my core classes are straight A's but somehow my mind subconsciously picks one class that doesn't have to do with my major and goes "All right, you'll do amazing in every class except this one k? So I'm just going to go ahead and forget every assignment and dated quiz for this one."

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I know too much about myself I would like to change directly, and even more indirect changes.

It doesn't help being a perfectionist sometimes, and I've got a few problems.

No school problems either..Except the same with the best grades for everything, except one unrelated subject...Which just happens to be very important to some old man in an office somewhere.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm happy with who I am, flaws and all. If I changed one thing, what would be the rippling effect of that on my past and my future. No, I'll stick with who I am.