What's new

SIM [Illusion] コイカツ! / Koikatu

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Next DLC scheduled to be released on October 5th. And a trailer video is available for it

By the looks of things, the DLC will include 6 dating backgrounds (Park, Town, Karaoke Bar, Amusement Park, Church, City Overlook), 4 new H Maps (Park, Karaoke Bar, Subway Train, Love Hotel), 1 New Handjob H animation (Probably exclusive to the Subway Train map), 3 H animations for 3P (Double Lick, Riding/Licking, Doggy/Fingering), and 4 personalities (Tsundere, Foreigner, Kuudere, Sadist). Whether there will be more or not doesn't seem to have been revealed yet.

Last edited:

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Well, knowing Illusion I guess there will at least be some new clothing with the DLC.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Next DLC scheduled to be released on October 5th. And a trailer video is available for it

By the looks of things, the DLC will include 6 dating backgrounds (Park, Town, Karaoke Bar, Amusement Park, Church, City Overlook), 4 new H Maps (Park, Karaoke Bar, Subway Train, Love Hotel), 1 New Handjob H animation (Probably exclusive to the Subway Train map), 3 H animations for 3P (Double Lick, Riding/Licking, Doggy/Fingering), and 4 personalities (Tsundere, Foreigner, Kuudere, Sadist). Whether there will be more or not doesn't seem to have been revealed yet.
The dating backgrounds should have been available from the start. It's something I equally didn't like in AA2. You can date but all it really is, is meeting the girl beforehand and then skip to the end.

Bryanis

Reputation score
Same way for the 3P in AA2 - just the NPC saying "let's 3P", black screen and the PNC covered in cum saying "That was intense" (not to mention you had to have both girls loving both the guy and the other girls, meaning they had to be bisexual to have a 3P).
Even if it's late, it's still a bit better than the previous game.

Although, yes, it's taking to much time to get into the game(s) for a big company like Illusion...

Arde645

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I kinda miss not having exactly translated text like in AA2 (though it'll probably come after maybe another few months knowing the guys over at HF) but having the machine translations does allow for hilarious moments like this:

Bryanis

Reputation score
Well, auto translating tool have always suck as translating name. But yeah, there lot of funny / weird thing with this :D

This girl is probably the best personality gamewise. The others (story girl & personality generated) are way too bland / predictable ...

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Damn it. Well we've misinterpreted the actual release date of the new DLC. October 5th was set to be the day they "reveal" more content about the DLC, the actual release date is actually set all the way to fucking December 21st

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
That's some high lvl trolling.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Nothing major but it looks like we're getting some Halloween content for this game on the 26th

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
Sorry for suddenly bumping up, but I tried installing the game from cat site, and when I tried using the Chara maker, both choice lead me to the game not responding :'( any help?

Edit: And how to add DLC? Tried running Filecopy.exe, but got an error message

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Sorry for suddenly bumping up, but I tried installing the game from cat site, and when I tried using the Chara maker, both choice lead me to the game not responding :'( any help?
Does it load if you just wait, or does the game autocrash?

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
Does it load if you just wait, or does the game autocrash?
It does eventually load...I'm such an idiot for asking that one :'(

But still no idea on how to adding DLC

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
It does eventually load...I'm such an idiot for asking that one :'(

But still no idea on how to adding DLC
There's no need to add the DLC manually. Install the HF patch (adds all DLC + other stuff you might like), just keep in mind the HF patch installs the sideloader mod and that can make loading the character select screens a lot slower (which can be fixed somewhat by using the drag and drop mod which lets you drag cards from your windows explorer to the game window in order to select characters in free-h mode). If you don't sideloader (or aren't using it) you can just delete sideloader.dll from the bepinex folder.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
There's no need to add the DLC manually. Install the HF patch (adds all DLC + other stuff you might like), just keep in mind the HF patch installs the sideloader mod and that can make loading the character select screens a lot slower (which can be fixed somewhat by using the drag and drop mod which lets you drag cards from your windows explorer to the game window in order to select characters in free-h mode). If you don't sideloader (or aren't using it) you can just delete sideloader.dll from the bepinex folder.
At the time, the HF patch was known to break a few things and was using an older version of sideloader which also broke some cards when you used newer versions of it. It's since been updated though to include a newer version that can load cards almost instantaneously.

Bryanis

Reputation score
The installation of the dlc require your computer to have full local setting to japanese, else it fail.
But Illusion dlc exe is easy to by-pass as it just automatically found the game installation folder and copy the data folder of the dlc to the data folder of the game. Just copy past yourself.

And yes, HF patch have all the free dlc - you have to install the paying dlc yourself, although these one work like small game for the install - you mount the iso and install like you did with the main game.

Anyway, fresh installation for Illusion's game usually follow that way :
Main game
Paying DLC 1
Paying DLC 2
Paying DLC N
Free DLC (usually in no required order)

And yes, the game take a lot of CPU / memory... so you have to wait for it to start, for the char maker to load, for the party to load....

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
At the time, the HF patch was known to break a few things and was using an older version of sideloader which also broke some cards when you used newer versions of it. It's since been updated though to include a newer version that can load cards almost instantaneously.
hmm using HFpatch 2.0. Using the sideloader makes the game take 40 seconds longer to load the character select screen. It does tell me I'm missing mods if I have the sideloader installed.

Bryanis

Reputation score
hmm using HFpatch 2.0. Using the sideloader makes the game take 40 seconds longer to load the character select screen. It does tell me I'm missing mods if I have the sideloader installed.
HF patch usually have different mods in it, you should make sure to chose the default install or just removing some optional mod to avoid conflict.
Don't forget the option do delete mod during the HF patch installation to avoid problem.

But if it's a problem related to mods / HF patch, you'll get better help on HF then here - or on AS. ULMF is not a modder forum, so very few peoples know about how they work / interact in detail.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Mod issues in cards can also cause the character select to take a while to load. If it shows the mods you're missing, you can try to install the sideloader mod pack (I'll link to it below), it should have most of the mods available right now. If you're seeing a bunch of messages that says "Missing mod detected! []", that likely means one or more of the cards you have in your folder was made with the broken version of sideloader that was in an older version of the HF Patch and those cards need to be updated/re-saved. You can use the KK_GUIDMigration mod to temporarily fix that issue.

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I was talking with the guys on the koikatsu discord about the sideloader issue and they told me it was normal for load times to increase and just recommended I use the draganddrop mod instead (which I did). Either way I'm gonna install all the sideloader mods and see if that fixes the issue.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
The installation of the dlc require your computer to have full local setting to japanese, else it fail.
But Illusion dlc exe is easy to by-pass as it just automatically found the game installation folder and copy the data folder of the dlc to the data folder of the game. Just copy past yourself.
Which data folder do I need to copy? The Abdata and user data inside the DLC folder?