• Total voters

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Immortality

Well if all life ended, you still have an entire universe to explore. That's about an eternity's worth of boredom-killers right there. Unless you're unimaginative and stubborn. Then yeah, after all life ends, it's boring.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Well if all life ended, you still have an entire universe to explore. That's about an eternity's worth of boredom-killers right there. Unless you're unimaginative and stubborn. Then yeah, after all life ends, it's boring.
Unless you somehow gain access to a very powerful propulsion system to move you around, it'll take years to get to the next planet. That's plenty of time to get bored right there. And were only talking about moving around in our own solar system here. I imagine even that would get boring in a million years. After that, traveling to the next star takes centuries and there might not even be anything interesting in there. Then centuries to the next star. And to the next. And you'd spend those centuries without getting any new entertainment. And if you chose to explore another galaxies, it would take millions of years to get to Magellanic clouds. And in galactic scale, those are really near. Eventually you would get bored, no matter what.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Unless you somehow gain access to a very powerful propulsion system to move you around, it'll take years to get to the next planet. That's plenty of time to get bored right there. And were only talking about moving around in our own solar system here. I imagine even that would get boring in a million years. After that, traveling to the next star takes centuries and there might not even be anything interesting in there. Then centuries to the next star. And to the next. And you'd spend those centuries without getting any new entertainment. And if you chose to explore another galaxies, it would take millions of years to get to Magellanic clouds. And in galactic scale, those are really near. Eventually you would get bored, no matter what.
Bah. You pessimist.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I might have some, you know how hard it is to have a camera there at the right time with stupid shit happens
Then my statement still stands. I much prefer the "I intend to live forever. So far, so good."

randomwords

Lurker
Reputation score

Then my statement still stands. I much prefer the "I intend to live forever. So far, so good."
well i do intend to live forever... And i have cheated death plenty of times...

There are even times that the doctors could not explain...

I just hide it really well really...

I will have to get you some pics of something sometime....

Dont worry i will :D

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

well id take it but i would rather have a frend ya know to hang out with kinda like the imortallity in where you need someone else that is also immortal to be able to kill you.

Pale

Reputation score

I'd take it. Straight away, no questions asked. Mostly for reasons of curiosity. I just know, sometime in the future.. someone is going to discover something really fundamentally cool. Einstein, Mark 2, or whatever. I wanna be there. When Science proves God exists, or doesn't exist, and sends him a text message.. I wanna be there.

Plus, my family have a history of dying before 50, and.. I'd kinda like more than 30 more years, yaknow?

P

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I lied when I signed up for these 3 forums...

Had to... They asked for birthdate...

And mid-spring 1775 just isnt on that list now is it?

My secret? Bacon fat and the anguish of a thousand tortured souls...

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I'd take it. Sure it might cause confusion in latter years, such as explaining why your not getting old to family etc would be a pain, but you'd have plenty of time to figure that out right?

Plus, like Pale said. Something cool and fun is bound to happen, and otherwise likely at the same time you lose your eyesight/mobility/sanity/life etc. You could also get into the historian scene and be the one everyone envys. Living the hermits life might be fun for a while too. It's not a one way trip or anything. Again, loads of time to think of other ways to spend your time.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'd take it. Give me that much longer to explore the entire world, every nook and cranny, then go back when they change. Just like Elephant rock has changed over the years.