What's new

In today's news...

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Charlotte Rae, best known as Mrs. Garrett from The Facts of Life and Diff'rent Strokes passed away yesterday at the age of 92. May she rest in peace

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
It has no sun or solar system near it
So I'm pretty sure it isn't in any way habitable for human life as we know it

The origin story is wrong. The EU as we know it is a recent addition to older treaties- The older treaties were indeed designed as a countermeasure for wars on the european continent, in part through a shared market that applied purely to war-materials like coal, iron, steel, and so on. This was later expanded to include just a full shared market and free movement of people. Only after several decades of this working well did the EU form a political entity, and things almost immediately went to shit as they started trying to form a European federal state. Through their constant attempts to unify Europe, the only thing they've done is cause crisis after crisis. The result of these crisis, and several other factors including attempting to legislate things that did not need legislating(Light bulbs as example), constant pro-EU propaganda and a consistent undertone of heavy corruption essentially means that Europe will not be unified as long as the EU remains.
Some of their more recent suggestions, such as an EU-army will only make people more nationalistic as they all see it coming- Such an EU army is there to suppress any single country that would try to leave, NATO already exists for defence, so there is no other use for such an army other than to be used against the populace.

This, however. I don't see as strange thing or something that the migrants are doing. Outside of the part where the migrants move on to France and Germany, it's a yearly thing for Spain and Portugal to have wildfires if my memory serves. I think I remember reading a fair bit on the topic a few years ago and apparently they imported Australian trees that secrete a flammable sap to encourage forest fires. So that their seeds will have unobstructed sunlight in the areas burned down
Just nature being nature after humans decided to import something they didn't understand the consequences of
Then your origin story is wrong as well. Case is, I was talking about first serious ideas regarding EU and when some of those ideas were fleshed out properly (not implemented though). But if you want an origin story, we will have to go back to around 1800 as first mentions of this are noted. However, united Europe in itself is even older and in a way, was done *cough cough* Holy Roman Empire *cough cough*.
In the end, minor details aside, it seems we both agree that EU was a mistake from political point of view, not economical.
1) In short, "THE EUROPEAN GESTAPO"
EU the 4th Reich meme is old at this point.
2) I want to clarify that before the EU in 1947 was the BENELUX (belgium, holland and luxembourg), then in 1952 united italy italy and
west germany.
Look what I wrote above, idea isn't new.
3) I have been hard on the EU for 20 years, first I was for the EU.
It's fine, just don't go extreme to one side while getting blinded and not seeing points of the other side.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Because people are not allowed to vote for the EU straight up, and instead these EU politicians are assigned by other votes that do not usually have anything to do with the EU
That's just false.

EU Commissars and other bodies are another matter, of course.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
He's not wrong as the parliament can only debate issues, they can't make decisions

Turrican

Reputation score
He's not wrong as the parliament can only debate issues, they can't make decisions
They do not have to make decisions, because they have to respect the sovereignty of every single state, their laws, cultures, etc ... certainly without offending other states. But EU that (censure) are telling us what to do not do, what is right or wrong, that if a rebellious European state risks a sanction despite the fact that it is an irresponsible, immoral and counterproductive law.

Turrican

Reputation score
In less than a month, we will see the amendments from 10% of the deputies who voted against the start of negotiations (26 August) before the September vote. Let's see what they propose. Unfortunately the news is all controversial there is a part that say that the directive will never see the light of day, others say it will be worse than articles 11 and 13 or finally they found a good compromise for both parts.
Of a race is certain this time they will not do it in secret like last time, because we would be the breath on the neck.
I make an appeal: I beg you to sign the petition "savetheinternet" on change.org we are almost to 925000 signatures missing a little to reach 1000000 of signatures, I have signed.
Although many are not European on this forum, we are still brothers of both the internet and in real life.

Thank you all for your attention.

Turrican.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
That's just false.

EU Commissars and other bodies are another matter, of course.
How funny is it then that I never got to vote, was taught in school that we aren't allowed to, and there are never any elections for this where I live?
Surely if people are actually allowed to vote, they'd have elections to let them

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
How funny is it then that I never got to vote, was taught in school that we aren't allowed to, and there are never any elections for this where I live?
Surely if people are actually allowed to vote, they'd have elections to let them
They DO have elections. Last ones were 2014 and next ones are 2019.

Turrican

Reputation score
Bad tile!

Now these Eurocrats of the (censorship) explain to me that they are against the gash, in the meantime, here's what they did!

To a student, A STUDENT, but do you realize ?? !!

If they say that there will be no censorship in Europe with the new copyright directive, then explain to me this although it is not yet in force, and I can not imagine how it would be if it passed.

This is an almost goal, but it is flowing.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Bad tile!

Now these Eurocrats of the (censorship) explain to me that they are against the gash, in the meantime, here's what they did!

To a student, A STUDENT, but do you realize ?? !!

If they say that there will be no censorship in Europe with the new copyright directive, then explain to me this although it is not yet in force, and I can not imagine how it would be if it passed.

This is an almost goal, but it is flowing.
Stop being emotional and start thinking, because lack of it makes me go and defend EU which annoys me. Stop fucking up. Anyway, this is not about the censorship (even if it can be a side effect).
I get their intentions and they aren't that bad. There are people out there that don't want their work to be shared/used without them making a buck from it which is fine.
Problem is... Internet doesn't often work like this. They want to force methods that would be used in real life, while forgetting that Internet is different, they simply do not understand the medium. Irony, if they did, they would really fuck it up, because they would knew where to hit.
If the author of that photo didn't want it being shared outside his website, he should be able to hunt all cases doing it (issue of him being even physically able to is different).
As I said, intentions are good, it's the execution that is bad.
And to the student argument: Everyone should be equal in the eyes of law.
Turrican, please stop being so damn extreme and seeing only one side, because you are as bad as EU itself. They try to fix things they don't understand and you are getting outraged over things you don't understand.

Turrican

Reputation score
Stop being emotional and start thinking, because lack of it makes me go and defend EU which annoys me. Stop fucking up. Anyway, this is not about the censorship (even if it can be a side effect).
I get their intentions and they aren't that bad. There are people out there that don't want their work to be shared/used without them making a buck from it which is fine.
Problem is... Internet doesn't often work like this. They want to force methods that would be used in real life, while forgetting that Internet is different, they simply do not understand the medium. Irony, if they did, they would really fuck it up, because they would knew where to hit.
If the author of that photo didn't want it being shared outside his website, he should be able to hunt all cases doing it (issue of him being even physically able to is different).
As I said, intentions are good, it's the execution that is bad.
And to the student argument: Everyone should be equal in the eyes of law.
Turrican, please stop being so damn extreme and seeing only one side, because you are as bad as EU itself. They try to fix things they don't understand and you are getting outraged over things you don't understand.
Unfortunately I use google translator, and does not translate flawlessly and I understand another thing, if you tell me that is how you explained to me thanks for the accuracy and sorry for my unintentional fake news.
For the second thing I will try not to talk a lot about the EU
I know that I'm petulant, I'm a pain in the ass and I'm so keen on you, but you have to understand my concern (not just me).

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Unfortunately I use google translator, and does not translate flawlessly and I understand another thing, if you tell me that is how you explained to me thanks for the accuracy and sorry for my unintentional fake news.
For the second thing I will try not to talk a lot about the EU
I know that I'm petulant, I'm a pain in the ass and I'm so keen on you, but you have to understand my concern (not just me).
Learn english? Dunno what else I can say. Also, I doubt that google translate adds additional question marks, exclamation marks, caps and all. No one says don't talk about it, but the way you are expressing yourself sounds a lot more like you are overexcited and not thinking straight. Sure, 30-40% may be because of translation, but not all.
And yes, concern is out there, but: screaming and flailing hands on a forum won't solve it... Logical, simple discussion won't solve it either, but is much better in terms of making other people think.

Turrican

Reputation score
Learn english? Dunno what else I can say. Also, I doubt that google translate adds additional question marks, exclamation marks, caps and all. No one says don't talk about it, but the way you are expressing yourself sounds a lot more like you are overexcited and not thinking straight. Sure, 30-40% may be because of translation, but not all.
And yes, concern is out there, but: screaming and flailing hands on a forum won't solve it... Logical, simple discussion won't solve it either, but is much better in terms of making other people think.
You're right does not change anything, and then this forum does not even consider it, let's say that it will be even more difficult to put parodies, memes or gameplay.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
For the americans

Georgia defends voting system despite 243-percent turnout in one precinct
You guys seriously need to work on that voting system
Some basic checks and safeguards might be nice

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
243 percent turn out, just the usual, nothing strange about that AT ALL, no sir-ee:sneaky::coffee:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Uhhh, should read a little further on that article. Turns out that they'd just put the wrong number of registered voters on their site, it's actually much higher and the turnout was 18%.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Indeed, the reporting on the election article was pretty crap
But that doesn't make the voting system any better considering the complete lack of safeguards against hacking and/or vote rigging it's got
And the fact that voting machines can fail in one place and then this crap happens. It should be front page news if those things fail, they're not supposed to be complex devices- They're supposed to just tally up the votes

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Eh, I'm not really invested in our political system.

It's all a sham to begin with anyway.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Indeed, the reporting on the election article was pretty crap
But that doesn't make the voting system any better considering the complete lack of safeguards against hacking and/or vote rigging it's got
And the fact that voting machines can fail in one place and then this crap happens. It should be front page news if those things fail, they're not supposed to be complex devices- They're supposed to just tally up the votes
Those machines are probably just normal PCs packed in extra shell, but still Windows OS based. Just like ATMs. Do you know how easy it is to deal with ATM? You need to know what model it is, where USB ports are located and then... it's a matter of using forstner bit or hole saw vs plastic. Amount of things you can do after that... well... go figure.
Now, if ATMs are as secure as plastic covering on them, do you really think some voting machines are more secure? They are not.
And on top of it all, US wants to add possibility to vote using your damn smartphone... That's not going to be rigged, not at all.