What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Reputation score
So any luck with the translation? So the uncensored files did work in the end? Or you did have to change too much for them to work?

Also as a general notice, yes, JSK is already in plans for his next game. And by the looks of it the main heroine looks awfully a lot like Yukina Himeragi from Strike The Blood. I can't wait. There's also more info of it in his blog, and he goes a little more in-depth there, if anyone wants to translate the text, feel free to do so.

Wow, first they refer to Soma King, now Strike the Blood.
Still no lolis thou :<

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
If you guys are interested in crowd sourcing the translations I can upload the string files to google sheets
I originally planned to suggest that we all focus on one new jsk title at the time, by dividing the swf's of the game to translate between the participants, but I had doubts on how it would work out.

letronixRULES

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I originally planned to suggest that we all focus on one new jsk title at the time, by dividing the swf's of the game to translate between the participants, but I had doubts on how it would work out.
Hmmm... I know it's not exactly here... but maybe it's possible to make a Google Drive group, or at least with the people who can translate/want to translate the newer JSK games and just create a group, string the files there and well, slowly but surely, a complete translation can be made. Also I know it's not here either, but does the ULMF discord, I'm not there so that's why I'm asking, doesn't have a translation corner or at least a translation channel or something? Anyhoo just giving possible ideas for you guys.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
So any luck with the translation? So the uncensored files did work in the end? Or you did have to change too much for them to work?

Also as a general notice, yes, JSK is already in plans for his next game. And by the looks of it the main heroine looks awfully a lot like Yukina Himeragi from Strike The Blood. I can't wait. There's also more info of it in his blog, and he goes a little more in-depth there, if anyone wants to translate the text, feel free to do so.

Here goes my shabby translation:

It has been two weeks since launch of Fighting Queen "Reimi" in DL.
I am grateful to all of you for your impressions and bug reports.
Thank you.

But in the past two weeks, a lot of things did happen in the world and it was amazing.
Although, there are times when I think should I keep continuing to make erotic flash games that leave such an effect on the people....
But what choice I really have, since I have no other abilities to speak of.

So, here I go, I have put yet another project on the making.
The title is "Beauty - the next uniform swordsman ~ (temporary)".
The more older heroine in "Reimi" was taken quite well by the people, all the feedback was pretty
good (lol), though it was a bit out of what I usually go after, if you know what I mean.
The game is going to be more faster game than "Reimi" is, but that's just the general idea of what I have in mind, its also going to have more talking in it in comparison.

Since I have tight schedule in July & August, it might be hard to keep up the same pace as I had with "Reimi", but I really try to get it done around September, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't get too mad at me if there are any delays on it.

hitmanboy47

Reputation score
Since I have tight schedule in July & August, it might be hard to keep up the same pace as I had with "Reimi", but I really try to get it done around September, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't get too mad at me if there are any delays on it.
Go easy! We can wait.
Who complains should shut up because you're doing it for everyone and even for free.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
^ I sincerely dunno what would the appropriate emoji-response be to this post... xD

*hint: I think Icevail gave a shabby translation about the author's thoughts about the near future...

bluemoon54

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Work continues. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the riding dialogue. For reference, this is what the scene I posted earlier after I modified the raw translated text. Most of the actual effort involved with this is (at least for me, since I don't speak Japanese but am a native English speaker) is figuring out how to make the point-to-point translations into an actual sentence.
A few thoughts on the process so far:
I can see why no one stepped up to translate Reimei, this game has a metric fuckton of dialogue. I'd estimate about 50% of it is repeats of one sort or another, but there's dialogue for both Reimei AND the announcer in every scene. I'm glad I started with the Riding dialogue because it's unique (as far as I can tell), other sex positions (both missionary variants and the doggy style scene for instance) share the same dialogues.
I have no idea what "tsu" means, but there's like a million of the little bastards in there. I assume it's some kind of verbal tic.
If you're expecting the Authentic Japanese Moans experience, I will disappoint you. I'm just adding moaning sound effects as I please instead of whatever the actual translation is because every translator hates them.
I can already tell I won't be able to sustain my interest in this long enough to do the rest of the sex scenes, but I do want to do the 4 endings once I'm done with the Riding scene. The endings are much shorter because you only have to deal with one set of dialogue and don't have to deal with the announcer (The normal sex scenes have first time, ending 1 and ending 2 variants). So those should be fairly quick, I hope, and I imagine most people want the endings done over the regular sex stuff anyway (I can make a fair guess as to what the normal dialogue is for the rest of them at this point, and it's safe to say you aren't missing overmuch there).
I'll post the riding scene once I'm done with it for feedback, concerns and criticism. If you want to call me a baka gajin, rest assured I already know that but if you feel the need to really drive that home then by all means.

Attachments

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Work continues. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the riding dialogue. For reference, this is what the scene I posted earlier after I modified the raw translated text. Most of the actual effort involved with this is (at least for me, since I don't speak Japanese but am a native English speaker) is figuring out how to make the point-to-point translations into an actual sentence.
A few thoughts on the process so far:
I can see why no one stepped up to translate Reimei, this game has a metric fuckton of dialogue. I'd estimate about 50% of it is repeats of one sort or another, but there's dialogue for both Reimei AND the announcer in every scene. I'm glad I started with the Riding dialogue because it's unique (as far as I can tell), other sex positions (both missionary variants and the doggy style scene for instance) share the same dialogues.
I have no idea what "tsu" means, but there's like a million of the little bastards in there. I assume it's some kind of verbal tic.
If you're expecting the Authentic Japanese Moans experience, I will disappoint you. I'm just adding moaning sound effects as I please instead of whatever the actual translation is because every translator hates them.
I can already tell I won't be able to sustain my interest in this long enough to do the rest of the sex scenes, but I do want to do the 4 endings once I'm done with the Riding scene. The endings are much shorter because you only have to deal with one set of dialogue and don't have to deal with the announcer (The normal sex scenes have first time, ending 1 and ending 2 variants). So those should be fairly quick, I hope, and I imagine most people want the endings done over the regular sex stuff anyway (I can make a fair guess as to what the normal dialogue is for the rest of them at this point, and it's safe to say you aren't missing overmuch there).
I'll post the riding scene once I'm done with it for feedback, concerns and criticism. If you want to call me a baka gajin, rest assured I already know that but if you feel the need to really drive that home then by all means.
I simply ignore the "tsu" in the translation process and leave it out, as it doesn't make any sense to me either, I guess its the author's way to express something, either undesirable surprise, disgust or biting one's tongue, since those are the types of sentences its usually accompanied with.

Here's examples from its use that shows up quite often;

"...tsu!? You came into my pussy again!?"

And another;

"Ya~a...tsu!"

Yet another;

"No~, my voice came out on its own... ~Tsu"

Its always part of something negative the lady in questions expresses, be it moans or hateful responses filled with disgust.

But that is just my general assumption in the matter based on what I've seen "tsu" on.

As far as the speech bubble translation goes, its quite tiring, its not as bad when you set up a daily goal to finish one long timeline per day, it slows down the process slightly (opposed to pulling death march every day on it), but at least my motivation doesn't die out while translating.

Focus on the main dialogue first, that should be the priority when translating, leave the mid sex scene stuff alone until then, after main stuff is done then I'd suggest to get on the speech bubble translations.

As for the feedback, when you're done with your initial translation run, play through the game and see if you can polish the translation somehow, sometimes its better rewrite the sentence than let it slide as it is, to add some "life" to it.

For example, the one you have in the picture you attached, in my opinion you might want to rewrite what Reimi says into something like this;

"You think this is enough to prevent me from attacking / hitting / fighting you!?" -minor altertation
or
"Do you really think doing something like this is enough to stop me from attacking / hitting / fighting you!?" -major alteration
or
"To think you'd resort into something like this to counter my attack." <-- Rewriting the sentence from scratch based on situation at hand.

But that is just how I'd translate that line for it, your version has nothing wrong in it, its fine as it is now.

Last edited:

bluemoon54

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I simply ignore the "tsu" in the translation process and leave it out, as it doesn't make any sense to me either, I guess its the author's way to express something, either undesirable surprise, disgust or biting one's tongue, since those are the types of sentences its usually accompanied with.

Here's examples from its use that shows up quite often;

"...tsu!? You came into my pussy again!?"

And another;

"Ya~a...tsu!"

Yet another;

"No~, my voice came out on its own... ~Tsu"

Its always part of something negative the lady in questions expresses, be it moans or hateful responses filled with disgust.

But that is just my general assumption in the matter based on what I've seen "tsu" on.

As far as the speech bubble translation goes, its quite tiring, its not as bad when you set up a daily goal to finish one long timeline per day, it slows down the process slightly (opposed to pulling death march every day on it), but at least my motivation doesn't die out while translating.

Focus on the main dialogue first, that should be the priority when translating, leave the mid sex scene stuff alone until then, after main stuff is done then I'd suggest to get on the speech bubble translations.
Yeah, I assume it's a Japanese verbal tic thing. Probably shows up in anime a lot. I've left a few in where I thought there were appropriate but the little bastards are in damn near every sentence. I'll be able to read the kana for ~tsu for the rest of my fucking life.
As far as motivation, I just translate blocks at a time. When you pull the code out and format it so it looks like an actual human wrote it instead of whatever the fuck JSK or JPEX is doing it looks like this. Then I just do 3 blocks or so at time. I already finished all the pre-sex and post-dialogue, I'm on the speech bubble/announcer stuff right now. I have no fucking idea why each line needs to be written four separate times for each call though. It makes zero sense. Whoever coded this needs to learn about string literals.

Attachments

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Yeah, I assume it's a Japanese verbal tic thing. Probably shows up in anime a lot. I've left a few in where I thought there were appropriate but the little bastards are in damn near every sentence. I'll be able to read the kana for ~tsu for the rest of my fucking life.
As far as motivation, I just translate blocks at a time. When you pull the code out and format it so it looks like an actual human wrote it instead of whatever the fuck JSK or JPEX is doing it looks like this. Then I just do 3 blocks or so at time. I already finished all the pre-sex and post-dialogue, I'm on the speech bubble/announcer stuff right now. I have no fucking idea why each line needs to be written four separate times for each call though. It makes zero sense. Whoever coded this needs to learn about string literals.

I can't say anything on the coding as I have no practical knowledge over it, I took few classes on it in vocational school a decade ago. but that only covered the basic html and basics of ruby.

Yep, the kanji for "tsu" is now also hardwired into my memory.. that little twat is literally everywhere except the love ending related lines..

But I from what I understand, there are four types of endings, in Irene there is the same 4 repeats on most of the stuff Irene says during sex, but those are directly related on which ending player is going towards at.

First comes the disgust lines, then denial lines, then enjoyment lines and finally love lines, all on same row.

and those repeat on each scene, point of view, position and endings.

Even the endings have the repeat going on, but that's only because all the sex positions have rape, inran, love and houshin versions of it.

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Just ignore it when translating. It's not said vocally, rather as correctly guessed it's used to convey the surprise of the speaker before they can actually vocalize what they intend to say.
If you absolutely have to translate it, just use ... before the start of the actual sentence.

Rikko93

Reputation score
So I´ve been starting to translate shoplifting girl and I also met with the many -tsu. However, I think this is more of a problem due to the machine translation since it can´t differentiate between a small and a normal tsu. A small tsu is special because it emphasizes the letters it follows. In case of a vowel they emphasize and stretch it, in case of a consonant they double it. For example Ittekimasu (いってきます) you see that the small -tsu double´s the t from the -te. I hope this helps somewhat.

Pacmanisawesome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm so glad Shoplifting girl isn't being forgotten, that's still my favorite most recent game so far.

Reputation score
Hi. I've been lurking on this thread for a long time.

I am a huge fan of JSK's work, so you can trust that I am properly depraved, and I am especially appreciative of the community that has translated the games. I wish to give something back.

I am quite skilled at wordplay. I have noticed that although the translations for the games are adequate, and may be perfect translations for all I know, they are also littered with spelling errors, poor grammar and syntax, and generally break the immersion. If you can provide me with dumps of the basic translations, I will gladly polish them up. I am confident that I can keep the spirit of the phrases intact while smoothing the translation to English.

I am in no way disparaging the quality of the work you fine, beautifully disgusting gentlemen have provided over the years. Quite the contrary. This is my niche, and I would love to contribute.

Burningscarlet

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hi. I've been lurking on this thread for a long time.

I am a huge fan of JSK's work, so you can trust that I am properly depraved, and I am especially appreciative of the community that has translated the games. I wish to give something back.

I am quite skilled at wordplay. I have noticed that although the translations for the games are adequate, and may be perfect translations for all I know, they are also littered with spelling errors, poor grammar and syntax, and generally break the immersion. If you can provide me with dumps of the basic translations, I will gladly polish them up. I am confident that I can keep the spirit of the phrases intact while smoothing the translation to English.

I am in no way disparaging the quality of the work you fine, beautifully disgusting gentlemen have provided over the years. Quite the contrary. This is my niche, and I would love to contribute.
Well, tis one thing to have adequate skills to translate and it's another to have the ability to see it through

A lot of people dropped this cause the amount of redundant dialogue is draining

Burningscarlet

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Karen Spreadsheet:

I'll add the other games later

Edit: For those who want to use machine translation

I'm pretty sure there are add-ons which can do that for you

What I do is just copy paste the cells with TA on so I can translate them as I go though

@Lord Thomas Blackley Here's your chance to contribute

Last edited:
Reputation score
Karen Spreadsheet:

I'll add the other games later

Edit: For those who want to use machine translation

I'm pretty sure there are add-ons which can do that for you

What I do is just copy paste the cells with TA on so I can translate them as I go though

@Lord Thomas Blackley Here's your chance to contribute

Well holy shit. Alright, I'll admit, that's an incredibly daunting task. But I'll chip away at it as best I can. Bookmarked.

Never underestimate the power of an Adderall prescription.

i<3KawaiiAnime2

Reputation score
So I´ve been starting to translate shoplifting girl and I also met with the many -tsu. However, I think this is more of a problem due to the machine translation since it can´t differentiate between a small and a normal tsu. A small tsu is special because it emphasizes the letters it follows. In case of a vowel they emphasize and stretch it, in case of a consonant they double it. For example Ittekimasu (いってきます) you see that the small -tsu double´s the t from the -te. I hope this helps somewhat.
Hm.. I think I did a partial of shoplifting girl last year in November. I think if you search the forum for "i<3KawaiiAnime" you can find the partial. All sex scenes are untranslated, but the main game play is like 95% done. I don't want to undermine your current work, but I figured it be less work for you if there's some parts that are ok.

Below is the attached txt file including the translations for the main game play.

Thanks for your translating efforts. It's much appreciated.

Attachments

Rikko93

Reputation score
Hm.. I think I did a partial of shoplifting girl last year in November. I think if you search the forum for "i<3KawaiiAnime" you can find the partial. All sex scenes are untranslated, but the main game play is like 95% done. I don't want to undermine your current work, but I figured it be less work for you if there's some parts that are ok.

Below is the attached txt file including the translations for the main game play.

Thanks for your translating efforts. It's much appreciated.
Thanks for the textfile, I don´t mind at all and its nice to compare translations. My work was about 50% done in the maingame and haven´t started on the H-scenes so you really helped me out here.