What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

OnoyHi

Reputation score
' An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT' That is the error I got when I tried patching Magical Girl Buster now what? Also why do the game freeze before the H Scene when i play it with the flash player exe?

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
' An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT' That is the error I got when I tried patching Magical Girl Buster now what?
Which patch are you referring to? Where did you get (or make) it?

OnoyHi

Reputation score
Got it and like I edited before why does the game freeze when I played it on the flash player before the h-scene? Also. It worked now when I used a deferent swf but I can't use the supposed patch for the endings.

Last edited:

Tellukoz

Reputation score
Is the translation of caring of moody niece still in progress?
Probably not, Icevail is the regular translator around here (mostly partials) and he focus in the most recent game for the first days, then he just leave them, for anyone else interested in finishing, sometimes one or two more pop out, but is the general routine here

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Recent (Rio) game has been translated to this point;

Main Title - Done (logo excluded, won't be my task)
Player choices and Rio's related dialogue - Done
Interrogation mode UI - Done
Headpats - Done, mandatory

I play through the game once or twice to check if I have missed anything, then hand over the translation files for T-pals to goof around with.

What I won't touch in this title are the lewds, no loli lewds policy stands in effect.
That means touching, staring, licking and such on her remain in moonrunes.

Ending lewds are exception to this rule, I might do those, but I suggest not to hold your breath for it.

spinnerNew

Reputation score
Probably not, Icevail is the regular translator around here (mostly partials) and he focus in the most recent game for the first days, then he just leave them, for anyone else interested in finishing, sometimes one or two more pop out, but is the general routine here
Ah i see. I dont mind completing some of the work either only if i knew how to do it perfectly. I make horrible mistakes that leads me to start from scratch. Is there any guide i can refer to to get started again?

Octrine

Reputation score
Recent (Rio) game has been translated to this point;

Main Title - Done (logo excluded, won't be my task)
Player choices and Rio's related dialogue - Done
Interrogation mode UI - Done
Headpats - Done, mandatory

I play through the game once or twice to check if I have missed anything, then hand over the translation files for T-pals to goof around with.

What I won't touch in this title are the lewds, no loli lewds policy stands in effect.
That means touching, staring, licking and such on her remain in moonrunes.

Ending lewds are exception to this rule, I might do those, but I suggest not to hold your breath for it.
You work fast, nice job. Cant wait to see it

Deleted member 406005

Reputation score
Ah i see. I dont mind completing some of the work either only if i knew how to do it perfectly. I make horrible mistakes that leads me to start from scratch. Is there any guide i can refer to to get started again?
It's very easy, the game has text in: Normal text section (you just need to expand the used fonts for the letters you want to use),
some images you have to export and import after editing them, and the text that's part of the action script - such as the talk between
the protag and the girl in scenes.

Icevail mentioned what he did and what not, so it will be little work to make it a full TL.

I've TL'ed many games by now, i consider to finalize it ^_^

Delexicus

Reputation score
It depends where you want to start. There are multiple guides that have been made up predominantly by me to cover JSK translations. I'd suggest using the and look over the Translation Tools 101 section, as well as the Translation tool Usage Guides and helpful pointers section. You'll need a nifty piece of software called FFDEC for starters. That will let you have a very hands on look at how flash game files are structured. And many edits can be made solely using FFDEC. This can become cumbersome when digging through ActionScript files searching for dialog strings. A better option would be to use Tengux’s JAVA GUI Text Parser. It will extract the vast majority of the dialogue from JSK's games and pack them into a CSV file. JoSmiHnTh's Python CSV editor will let you easily edit those CSV files in a pretty spiffy custom editor. It's been created to work with Tengux's parser and JSK games specifically. Readme files can be found for both in the aforementioned Translation tool usage Guides and helpful pointers section.

Last edited:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
What dexie says is right, also quoting his words, I am a masochist for doing it the FFDEC way. 🤣

Delexicus

Reputation score
I used to do it the FFDEC way too until i changed to export import to edit it in notepad++.
Do you use a script for all that export/ importing? I'm always interested in learning new work flows.

Last edited:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Do you use a script for all that export/ importing? I'm always interested in learning new work flows.
I simply open all files individually in FFDEC, one by one, then copy paste the necessary codes to notepad++, one by one, change coding language to AS, and make magic happen.
Then reverse that and put the translated codes back in.

Takes a bit of open/close steps within FFDEC.

Update on translation progress; Ending lewds done, moving onto story mode 3 Rio dialogues and calling it there.

Update 2; Tomorrow.

Last edited:

Deleted member 406005

Reputation score
Do you use a script for all that export/ importing?
No, it's a function in FFDEC. Just hit the export button and select what you want.
That way you can export all text / AS to subfolders (keep the file structure for importing) and use Notepad++ magic (plugins / search and quickedit in files...).

1610466908725.png

I just did hide everything that's not in my clipboard by key combo (textfx plugin).

1610466979619.png

This way, it becomes VERY easy to edit without messing with something you shouldn't.

Delexicus

Reputation score
No, it's a function in FFDEC. Just hit the export button and select what you want.
That way you can export all text / AS to subfolders (keep the file structure for importing) and use Notepad++ magic (plugins / search and quickedit in files...).

View attachment 37147

I just did hide everything that's not in my clipboard by key combo (textfx plugin).

View attachment 37148

This way, it becomes VERY easy to edit without messing with something you shouldn't.
I know the ActionScript bulk export is a function of FFDEC, it's just the reimporting that's an issue. It has to be done a file at a time without a script helping.

Deleted member 406005

Reputation score
I know the ActionScript bulk export is a function of FFDEC, it's just the reimporting that's an issue. It has to be done a file at a time without a script helping.
No, works with all file at the same time. Did that with this game to mess a little bit around.
Okay, 313 files (main swf file) takes depending on your rig 2~3 mins loading, but works ^_^