What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Octrine

Reputation score
Story time;

The partial translator of JSK games doesn't like loli/shota content, begins to translate game with such content regardless with much reservation, and notifies community the lewds from other than endings will be skipped and left for someone else to finish due to personal reasons mentioned above, member of the community proceeds to piss off the translator for the lack of these lewd bits, which the receiving party is not taking it too well.

Upset party proceeds to demonstrate what happens when someone throws flak at the translator, by dropping a nuke right on top of the project and leaving its rubbles for others to fix up, had this individual kept their mouth shut, the partial would have been released within 2-3 days after the game's launch and everyone needing it would have been happier for it.

The end.

Sorry folks, I know I usually treat ya'll with a partial close after game release, but not this time,
I'll focus on reviewing the older titles instead for the time being, Karen is now almost fully in english, just the skillpoint placement window is in moonrunes, and Yua is now 95% in english, just the facesit scene is left and even that is halfway done.
Well that sucks, i was looking forward to the translation for this game since I always enjoy the story driven JSK games more than the battle ones and without a translation theres really no point in playing the game imo.

This probably wont affect your decision but you should know that for every dumb person who runs their mouth online, theres 100 who are silent but appreciative of your work. At the end of the day its your decision, nobody is running a charity here and translations are often a thankless task so getting negative reception probably stings even more. But I would personally be very happy if the translation for this game was finished eventually

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
The partial translator of JSK games doesn't like loli/shota content, begins to translate game with such content regardless with much reservation, and notifies community the lewds from other than endings will be skipped and left for someone else to finish due to personal reasons mentioned above
I don't see what the loli/shota content have to do with you skipping the lewds since you always skip those anyway.

jinkong

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'll never get why some people feel entitled to other peoples time and effort. Are you giving anything in return for what you are receiving? No? Then please STFU. Really is that simple.

Deleted member 406005

Reputation score
If everyone would think like that, no one would do anything for free.

They receive more than you can understand it seems. Anyway, giving in into a trolls trolling is giving them too much :mad:

Sadly to hear that you decided to lose to a troll @ jsk team.

alkheady

Reputation score
Upset party proceeds to demonstrate what happens when someone throws flak at the translator, by dropping a nuke right on top of the project and leaving its rubbles for others to fix up, had this individual kept their mouth shut, the partial would have been released within 2-3 days after the game's launch and everyone needing it would have been happier for it.
Hope I've not added to this, I've been a fan of these games for years and mainly wanted to give my thanks as I would never usually comment regarding such things.
All in all I genuinely would like to thank you for the effort that you've put in, personally I'm very much appreciative of the work you and others have done.
Thanks and bless to all who've worked on these games.
-Thats all from me.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Hope I've not added to this
You haven't said anything wrong or jumped on my toes with spiked shoes to warrant such worry. (y)

I don't see what the loli/shota content have to do with you skipping the lewds since you always skip those anyway.
The individual in question didn't like the part I won't do loli/shota lewds, that's what the whole fuzz was about, this individual wanted their loli lewds so badly he(?) decided to flak me for not doing those.

As for the lewds, that statement no longer is true, I've been working on to improve that department for sometime now, and I am somewhat confident I can do the smuts now (but that confidence is fragile as glass), I just did add those to Karen and Yua, as I said in my earlier post, just small part from facesit scene remains in moonrunes, then I have to proof read it and check the scenes if I missed anything.

I have done Satsuki's and Maki' lewds (unsure if I have released those to the public) as well to certain degree, in amongst of others over time, just kept my mouth shut about it,
I'll go through those and check if anything needs to be done, as I don't really keep track of the things, need to have word with dexie and others to see which is what.

Sadly to hear that you decided to lose to a troll @ jsk team.
Yes, I absolutely lost when I decided to remind the ill mannered part of the community that pestering one of their few translators has its repercussions. :unsure:

Last edited:

KarasMorrigu

Reputation score
You haven't said anything wrong or jumped on my toes with spiked shoes to warrant such worry. 🤣
Just noticed the new sig. Off topic, what do you think about Azur Lane: Crosswave hitting Switch next month? I got it on pre-order.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Just noticed the new sig. Off topic, what do you think about Azur Lane: Crosswave hitting Switch next month? I got it on pre-order.
The game is bit disappointing gameplaywise, it looks great on screenshots, but when it comes to the game itself, its visual novel with 1-2 minute fight in between long rows of reading.
I'd say the camera mode is one of its few redeeming qualities.

Also seeing your shipfus in 3D (not all of them are present or playable in that regard) is a plus, but they have none of those feisty skins as seen in the mobile app.

There are challenge and boss fights, but those feel much more like minor henchmen even on hardest difficulty.

Last edited:

Tellukoz

Reputation score
At this point I'm not even suprised, after the 3rd day of silence I knew something was wrong but I didn't wanna bother you, is sad when a loud mouth or keyboard warrior ruins it for everyone, I still respect you for trying it, even if it was about a genre you don't like, but is most likely that no one will bother to do it now, and most likely would take months and it will be a crappy machine translation, just like shoplifting girl, just my luck

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
At this point I'm not even suprised, after the 3rd day of silence I knew something was wrong but I didn't wanna bother you, is sad when a loud mouth or keyboard warrior ruins it for everyone, I still respect you for trying it, even if it was about a genre you don't like, but is most likely that no one will bother to do it now, and most likely would take months and it will be a crappy machine translation, just like shoplifting girl, just my luck
Bother me? No, no, no, :eek:, you're more than welcome to ask me questions if you have any in regards of the translations progress or process.

Tellukoz

Reputation score
Bother me? No, no, no, :eek:, you're more than welcome to ask me questions if you have any in regards of the translations progress or process.
It doesn't matter, in the translation realm of everything my only question is "when", besides that I appreciate when someone tries a nice, legible and neutral translation instead of leaving a crude machine translation
You let things clear in the story so there is nothing else to ask, at least from me
I take what I can, and I don't have the privilege to be picky, specially when it comes to my "tastes", so all is left now is wait

Last edited:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
It doesn't matter, in the translation realm of everything my only question is "when", besides that I appreciate when someone tries a nice, legible and neutral translation instead of leaving a crude machine translation
You let thing clear in the story so there is nothing else to ask, at least from me
I take what I can, and I don't have the privilege to be picky, specially when it comes to my "tastes", so all is left now is wait
In terms of 'when', its most often within 2-3 days of launch, depending on what type of the game it is, battle or interrogation, the latter tends to have more dialogue and remnants of older titles mixed together, making it most often 3 days after launch for first version to be out, while the battler types take much less to get in playable state.

Tellukoz

Reputation score
In terms of 'when', its most often within 2-3 days of launch, depending on what type of the game it is, battle or interrogation, the latter tends to have more dialogue and remnants of older titles mixed together, making it most often 3 days after launch for first version to be out, while the battler types take much less to get in playable state.
Good to know, I'll go back to the shadows, watching both threads in silence, and waiting for better news

raxim

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hi, so I tried to machine translate Satsuki using the Parser.

Then I tried the python tool that JohnRo gave but its libraries has some problems with mac and I ran into an annoying dll error in Windows. The node tool didn't translate anything either (Mac). Giving up, I decided to use google sheets translate. And then recompiling with the parser also failed, but then I fixed it by deleting empty lines (I think...)

I managed to get a machine translated csv to plug back into the swfs.

But now, for some reason, the parser treats the translation column as empty and so it just recompiles the same text back into the swfs. I tried surrounding the text with "s but that didn't work. Does any of the translators know why the parser thinks the translation column is empty?

EDIT: added part of the csv as a txt
EDIT2: Nvm, the tools just does not recompile. It is stuck on this might take a few moments. I'm going to try running as admin.

Attachments

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
Hi, so I tried to machine translate Satsuki using the Parser.

Then I tried the python tool that JohnRo gave but its libraries has some problems with mac and I ran into an annoying dll error in Windows. The node tool didn't translate anything either (Mac). Giving up, I decided to use google sheets translate. And then recompiling with the parser also failed, but then I fixed it by deleting empty lines (I think...)

I managed to get a machine translated csv to plug back into the swfs.

But now, for some reason, the parser treats the translation column as empty and so it just recompiles the same text back into the swfs. I tried surrounding the text with "s but that didn't work. Does any of the translators know why the parser thinks the translation column is empty?

EDIT: added part of the csv as a txt
EDIT2: Nvm, the tools just does not recompile. It is stuck on this might take a few moments. I'm going to try running as admin.
Have you tried Tengux's GUI Java parser? Or for that matter JoSmiHnTh's python CSV editor? Those two are the most up to date multiplatform JSK tools currently available.

raxim

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The parser I mentioned is Tengux's parser and the python tool is JoSmiHnTh's editor (not JohnRo, sorry). The parser is just stuck in the replacing assets phase. I think it is because I changed the order of the lines, it is taking hours instead of minutes, maybe. Nvm, none of the swfs are updating.

Delexicus

Reputation score
The parser I mentioned is Tengux's parser and the python tool is JoSmiHnTh's editor (not JohnRo, sorry). The parser is just stuck in the replacing assets phase. I think it is because I changed the order of the lines, it is taking hours instead of minutes, maybe. Nvm, none of the swfs are updating.
Did you get a low spec warning when you tried to recompile?

Experimentos

Reputation score
Shame to hear about disrespect in such a niche community. For anyone that feels the need to disrespect people here for no reason, fuck you. For everyone that puts effort in even when you don't need to be, it is greatly appreciated (especially by us silent lurkers. I made my account a little after discovering these threads)

raxim

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Did you get a low spec warning when you tried to recompile?
No, first I got generic "something bad has happened" but then I deleted the empty lines. Now, it is just stuck at "Replacing game assets. This may take a few minutes" but nothing happens and the swfs that are copied to the output folder are not updated at all (their last updated date remains the same).

Could we continue this in pm? Apparently, Im giving too many dicks false hope. Thank you mods for screening.