What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Kamichichi] アイランドサーガ / Island Saga (RJ262862)

Hajtand

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
How good is the sex content?
The sex scenes themselves are very good and fully animated. The problem for me was, that there was quite some time in between the action... and it took a while to even get to the action. There ARE many sex scenes. I think, the author had to use the sex scenes "relatively" sparingly, since they are of such high quality (it's not just one simple animation, a whole scene is often played out), as to not compromise the quality. Again this doesn't mean, that there are not a lot of sex in this game. You just won't see it every 5 minutes—unless you do the free–time sex scenes in the house every 5 minutes.
I highly recommend, giving this a try. Keep in mind, that it can be frustrating at times and it will take some time, to get started on the sexual content.

Notes on the game mechanics.
I advice anyone, to ignore the 1 handed–swords. They are utter trash and their skills are weak (in the mid-late game). You'll have trained yourself in something, which ends up being a burden. The 2 handed–swords have good skills, but they don't have the attack power of some of the other weapons (even 1 handed–ones).
I was reluctant to use axes in the start with their inherent -10% to accuracy against monsters, that were already dodging my attacks. The extra power you got from the store bought ones vs other weapons, didn't seem significant enough considering the risks.
Here's my tip. Take axes (spears are also good, and bows can also be alright. Bow skills are really good). Where your 1 handed–swords later in the game have around 30-50 power, your axes will have around 90 power. This may not seem like much, until you understand the damage increases exponentially. It's roughly the difference between 1-2k vs. 5-10k damage (with around 80 in arm strength) for normal attacks. The difference is the game being a nightmare to a leisurely walk in the park to play.

Healing in combat is very weak in this game. Restorative items are highly prohibitive seeing as each individual restorative item have to be pre–equipped on the weapon slots, before you can even use them. That's "really fun" when magic or "art" resistance is also very hard to increase. A single magic slime with around 15k-20k health will deal around 500 damage to your whole party (each member has around 500–1000 health at the time they start spawning) with it's magic attacks. Have fun "healing" through that, while all the other minions destroy your party. The puny damage from the swords will not be cut for this ordeal (you can for a certain time rely on weapon skills and pure luck, but it will not last and it will be so much more annoying to play).

The magic system is really weird. You can get by completely fine ignoring this aspect of the game. I have.

Does anyone know how to cure the zombie merchant in quest 32? Is there even a way?

A little side-note to anyone reading.

The normal enemies scales, as your characters gets stronger, but the bosses doesn't get stronger. Getting you in the funny situation of having battled several cyber–anubis, arch angels, and mecha–demons etc. Only to have a boss battle be like: "waaaaarghrgh, watch out! I'm a scary werewolf" and then it get's completely pummeled to the ground, as one of your party–members sneezes in its general direction.

You should absolutely save-scum some of the chests. There will be a time it's sadly completely necessary to continue with the game. The stores sells utter trash and when the enemies get powered up it reaches a point, where you can't handle them any longer. Your only option is to either level up yourselves some more or get better gear. "Level'ing up" is as the problem of not-being-able-to-defeat-the-normal-enemies-anymore indicates not much of a solution in this situation. Do you want new chests? They only re–spawn upon a certain amount of successful battles.

Last edited:

sgb3

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Beyond what you've said, which I agree (Axes are clearly the strongest weapon, magic is too hard to level to compete with weapons), the levelling seems TOO random. Like my main characters is at 340 HP while most others are over 500 HP. Since enemy scaling is linked solely to your main character HP, I'm still fighting trash that can't even hurt me anymore while probably about 2/3 of the way through the game. I'm pretty sure the real SAGA games averaged your party strength to the scaling to avoid this problem.

Hajtand

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Beyond what you've said, which I agree (Axes are clearly the strongest weapon, magic is too hard to level to compete with weapons), the levelling seems TOO random. Like my main characters is at 340 HP while most others are over 500 HP. Since enemy scaling is linked solely to your main character HP, I'm still fighting trash that can't even hurt me anymore while probably about 2/3 of the way through the game. I'm pretty sure the real SAGA games averaged your party strength to the scaling to avoid this problem.
Wow, I didn't know it was this random. I had the opposite situation, where my MC had way more health, than the other party members. Probably also the reason I got to fight those mecha-demons/vampires(?) etc. before I got to the werewolf. "Coincidentally" also the same time I completely gave up on swords and started level'ing, axes and spears instead. I kept Sophie as an archer. She was doing well.

landkart1

Reputation score
Anybody knows how to seperate myself from the girls?

Because i cant access the free sex scene on the left room in my room ><

sgb3

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Wow, I didn't know it was this random. I had the opposite situation, where my MC had way more health, than the other party members. Probably also the reason I got to fight those mecha-demons/vampires(?) etc. before I got to the werewolf. "Coincidentally" also the same time I completely gave up on swords and started level'ing, axes and spears instead. I kept Sophie as an archer. She was doing well.
It's only gotten worse in my game. Main char is at 427 now, Sophie is at 715. If that was reversed I would have been screwed, fighting much stronger enemies than my party was supposed to be. Main char was also 20 weapon skill levels below everyone else before I gave up and switched him to Axe. I played Romancing SAGA 3 to death, and I never saw such variance there. SAGA leveling chances are supposed to be based on enemy strength, cutting you off once you severely outlevel the trash until the other party members catch up. This game doesn't seem to work like that, it seems to just be straight RNG beyond specific weapon and magic levels.

War1926

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I highly recommend, giving this a try. Keep in mind, that it can be frustrating at times and it will take some time, to get started on the sexual content.
Meh, then i wont bother, i just want H games to jack off really fast, but If i could Read japanese, then maybe i would play more, looks interesting, besides i am sure my laptop wont be able to run it, this thing is 7 years old now and i cant afford a new one XD

Also, really FF 2 leveling system? Ugh it also reminds me of TIBIA.

djcool36

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 1 week ban.
Its a serious question I'm asking how to update your current game I'm playing the version 1.00 and I can't find where to download the bugfixes and other files to update the game to version 1.06 where do you go to download it?

OmegaArk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Late announcement but it seems to be coming to steam in english. Surprised it isn't by KaguraGames when that group is translating the 'SMT' game of Kamichichi.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Late announcement but it seems to be coming to steam in english. Surprised it isn't by KaguraGames when that group is translating the 'SMT' game of Kamichichi.
I think it's because Kagura Games are currently translating Apostle. If you want to get the translation out as soon as possible, best choice is to use a different group.

sgb3

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I hope it's mirrored on DLsite. Normally they give you a free copy of the English release if you bought the JP version on the English site. Not being from Kagura is a good thing as their translations usually get Steam exclusivitiy.

Belia00

Reputation score
Its a serious question I'm asking how to update your current game I'm playing the version 1.00 and I can't find where to download the bugfixes and other files to update the game to version 1.06 where do you go to download it?
And it's a serious answer, it's the official site to download the bugfix & the updated game.
What did you expect, an illegal link ? It's forbidden here, read the rule.

Belia00

Reputation score
This game feel so overwhelming with it's skill and randomness.
I don't understand why Sakura do so litttle damage with her +50 axes but when using her 6 endurance skill can do as much à 2500 damage ( other skill do 500 max )...
Magic don't feel that powerful with so little mp too.

Anyone know what to do on the Quest 6 ?
I understand you need to talk to three people or something but i can't find the NPC, i think i talked to everyone, i just got a trigger on the down right house with the woman and the gramps in the bed but nothing else elsewere !

I really need ro find a way to read moonrune, that would help so much X.x

Edit:

Nevermind, i got it and i don't know why, i could enter the manor with a body guard, wait through the night in my home and let a thief/monster slayer go wich completed the quest ?
I've understood absolutly nothig but whatever

Last edited:

MaTaZzz

Lurker
Reputation score
people help!!! that need to do in #2 quest!!!!! (girl with purple hair ) I've been poking at everything for 3 hours!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!

Hallelujah !!! 2 quest you need to go to the cave of the rookie and open the door which at the beginning could not be opened (where the blue cube was taken)

Last edited:

sgb3

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
If you can't understand the quest dialoge it only gets worse as you progress through the game. I'd honestly wait for the translation rather than blunder your way through 50 quests.

In more interesting news, the official release of Romancing Saga 3 HD is out on Steam now. I'd seriously recommend people just play that instead in you want gameplay.

exanoid

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Im completely lost.

I have finished Puccis (the Priests) Quest and now I dont have any new missions or events. Anyone has an idea?

"edit"

Okay pretty hard design flaw. You have to let the thief live so several other quests get unlocked. Temporary fix is a download link in the comments of the website were you can replace the map.

A later patch will fix this. Apparently
Which website? Which comment?

Edit: i've applied patch from here
and i've examined the shelf in protag room, but the place is still not showing

Last edited:

Maverick70

Reputation score
During this month some kind of Add-ons have been created (or announced at least):

Sarav

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
During this month some kind of Add-ons have been created (or announced at least):

Ummmm, No. If your talking about Island Saga, it's just info on the English version. If your talking about Apostle, it's a new game, not an add-on.

nativegypsy

Reputation score

Oh neat. I hope they put in the same effort of animating each scene as they did with IslandSaga. Could do without the flattie but that's just me.

Maverick70

Reputation score
Ummmm, No. If your talking about Island Saga, it's just info on the English version. If your talking about Apostle, it's a new game, not an add-on.
I'm refering to the posts that you can see scrolling down. Yes, they are refering to Apostle also, but Island Saga also appears.
Aren't that addons for Island Saga and Apostle? Example of one of them:

Still trying to learn quite a bit from this game given the language barrier and machine translation used for assistance
Which machine translation are you using? I recently opened again this novel (long time ago I played a bit but abandoned it) with textractor but cannot detect any text (or almost any) coming from the box message.