What's new

Kathy's Legend of Zelda CYOA

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Kathy's Legend of Zelda CYOA

Hrm... well, Romani's not as bad off as I feared. Idle thought: if we set the Cursed Outfit on fire, since it continually regenerates, would it be an ever-burning torch?

Clothes: H+A - wear the Gerudo Outfit. Also wear the Gerudo Mask; if we can fool the Gormons into thinking the Gerudo are turning against them, maybe we can draw the two groups into beating on one another.

Link's Action: A - chase down the wagon, with the main goal being to recover the deed.

Bombers' Action: A - as with Link, chase down the wagon to recover the deed.

I don't like the idea of pulling the other group of Bombers off of Cremia-finding duty. And I'd prefer to hit the wagon once it's out of earshot of the Gormon Track, so as to keep reinforcements from there interfering.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Cremia-finding duty.
Ah, hell. I forgot about that. Aight then, scratch mine, Blitz seems the best course of action for now.

OP
K

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score

Clever. I hadn't even thought of you guys coming up with some of these options.

A bit of info for updating:
1) The bombers Link is ordering around now are the ones that went to Romani Ranch to defend it. Since it's already been cleared of enemies, they can come help her now.

2) The bombers back at Clock Town were the ones she ordered to stay there and defend it.
3) None of the bombers are currently given instructions to find Cremia. If you want that done, you need to give that order to some of them.

(EDIT! DeMatt pointed out that this info was wrong. The Bombers are instead preparing a rescue operation. If Link shows up and gives them new orders, they do that, otherwise the second group (the one still in town) is going to attempt to rescue Cremia on their own soon.)

4) Although Link can go to town ahead of the wagon thanks to the Song of Soaring, timing may be tight and she'll have a lower chance of success getting ahead of the wagon. Because this option was offered, you can decide which gate to lead out of to try to ambush it from ahead, however...
5) @ Twisted: The wagon is smaller than the one Cremia uses, more tightly packed, with their two horses. They'll be far faster than her on their trip, which means if the ambush option is taken, it may get tight. Link attacking the wagon directly means riding Epona up and attacking, and Epona is clearly faster than their horses, even before the wagon was added. (Young Epona already bested their horses in a race, so grown, there's no chance they can outpace him.)

Optional Ambush Vote) If Link chooses the wrong gate, there's a chance the wagon will arrive without her even spotting it...
a) South Gate - Best odds of spotting the wagon, but very unlikely for a dropoff point. This choice will not allow for the pincer attack, but has low odds of missing the wagon entirely.
b) North Gate - Though an unlikely dropoff in the past, Clock Town's sudden explosion of work force makes this a very likely point to deliver goods through, but if another gate is chosen, Link's window for capturing the wagon will be very brief.
c) West Gate - The gate furthest from the Milk Bar, it seems to not make any sense for this to be a real option, but if the Gormons suspect an ambush, they may change their plans and hire someone to assist in a delivery here. Automatic Failure if delivery route goes past East Gate (either to East Gate, or to North gate).
d) East Gate - The gate right next to the Milk Bar, this is where Cremia would usually make her deliveries. Though the most obvious choice usually, there's no telling what the Gormons may do now. Automatic Failure if delivery route goes past West Gate (either to West gate, or to North Gate).

(Note: If Link's choice results in auto-fail, then it only erases her odds. Any chances the bombers had remains active.)

p.s.: These multiple votes and different ideas are why I recommended everyone discuss with each other and come up with something. The ideas suggested so far are rather clever, and Link will gain major bonuses for this kind of thinking.

Last edited:

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd prefer to guarantee what I could, so I'd opt against the "ambush at Clock Town" tactics. While I'd prefer to hit the wagon away from Gormon Track, so they can't get help from there, that's still preferable over a chance of missing it entirely.
2) The bombers back at Clock Town were the ones she ordered to stay there and defend it.
3) None of the bombers are currently given instructions to find Cremia. If you want that done, you need to give that order to some of them.
...? I thought this was the last time we voted on the Bomber actions... and it's half "defend Romani Ranch" and half "prepare to find Cremia". Did I miss something?

OP
K

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score

(Ah. As DeMatt points out, I had forgotten what the second Bomber group was going to do.
Scratch that then. The second group is still in town, but they're preparing a rescue operation.
This is one of those things that I had forgotten about during the delay, I had remembered them as defending town.
Completely my mistake. A big thanks to DeMatt for finding that!)

In that case: Update!
If you guys don't tell them what else to do, they'll head out on their own rescue operation soon. Link can still head to town and give them new instructions though.)

Last edited:

Twisted1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hey, why not have Link take out the convoy's horses after they set off? Just a simple ride-by with her bow: seems low-risk enough, and if she waits long enough they would have trouble going back or asking anyone for help. That would slow them down immensely and give better chances for any ambush we may or may not want to do, wouldn't it?

OP
K

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey, why not have Link take out the convoy's horses after they set off? Just a simple ride-by with her bow: seems low-risk enough, and if she waits long enough they would have trouble going back or asking anyone for help. That would slow them down immensely and give better chances for any ambush we may or may not want to do, wouldn't it?
Horses are notoriously tough in the LoZ world. Also, attacking innocent animals (even if they're led by bad guys) is going to be considered an evil act if you directly injure them. You're pretty much going to have to make the attack, or rush ahead (with Song of Soaring) and hope to lay an ambush. This halfway in-between isn't going to be successful. Even if it would make more sense in a more realistic setting.

Magma

Demon Girl
Reputation score

First: Track the wagon, let them know they are being followed, shoot a few arrows, etc...

As Link harasses them (the wagon) from range, trying to gain time for the Bombers to do their work.

Only go close range if it seems its the only course to victory.

slpowerhouse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Do the bombers have any bombs on them? cause if they do we can take those bombs and combine them with our arrows and use those on the wagon (in LOZ: Link's awakening link could combine bombs and with the bow and arrows to make bomb arrows that blew up on contact with the wall or enemy)

If we can not do bomb arrows then I vote link rides ahead to attack the wagon but instead of doing dive by shooting with the arrow and hitting the horses use the twin blades to attack the straps / device holding the horses to the cart. wear the Gerudo mask if doing this option to make the Gormons think the Gerudo are betraying them. Also if this option is taken play Biri's song to get him involved to help with the battle.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Is there any way for Link to cut the horses free from the cart? If not, is there any way to disable the cart?

Definitely Gerudo Mask + Gerudo Outfit.

I'm guessing Link either never learned the Inverse Song of Time (can slow down or speed up time) or that it's not included?

Last edited:

slpowerhouse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is there any way for Zelda to cut the horses free from the cart? If not, is there any way to disable the cart?

Definitely Gerudo Mask + Gerudo Outfit.

I'm guessing Zelda either never learned the Inverse Song of Time (can slow down or speed up time) or that it's not included?
well Link knows the song of time and the inverse song of time was a hidden song in majora's mask so in theory link already knows it we just need to play the song of time in reverse.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

well Link knows the song of time and the inverse song of time was a hidden song in majora's mask so in theory link already knows it we just need to play the song of time in reverse.
Link wouldn't instinctively know about it, though, so Link would still have to 'learn' it.

OP
K

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score

@slpowerhouse
No, you cannot create bomb arrows like you could in that game.
And what you're describing would be a full normal attack against them. Once Link moves in for the attack, it's going to be all or nothing, as I said before. Any in-between attempts are going to result in the Gormons rushing off to get backup (either from town or from their monster allies), and make the fight more difficult, or outright unwinnable when Link returns to try it a second time.

@Kusanagi
Link. And no inverse song of time available. Just like Link can't just play the regular song of time on a whim to jump backwards, she cannot play the other variations to change time's march forward. There are other factors that come into play when the song of time is used, not just her own magic. What effects can be used vary based on what outside forces help grant Link power. (See OoT where there was no slowing time or reversing time. The Song of Time was mostly used in conjunction with removing obstacles that had certain symbols on them.)

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Alright, no Inverse.

Would Link be able to stop the Gormons from leaving in the first place, or are they going to on their way already by the time Link moves?

If they're already moving, would it be possible to have the Bombers running along one side to harass to start with (though, I'd assume they'd fall behind at a moderate/quick pace =.=), then have Link run along the other while the Gormons are (hopefully) distracted in order to cut the horses free?

If that's a no-go, would Link be able to use the Bombers as a distraction, Hookshot onto the back of the wagon while the Gormons are (hopefully) not paying attention, climb on top, crawl on the roof to the front, and knock the Gormons out by knocking their heads together?

OP
K

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score

@Kusanagi: They're almost done loading and Link is still at the far end of the track, and needs to go around it to catch them. They'll be on their way by the time she arrives.

You don't need to come up with a plan of attack, the Gormons are fairly weak on their own without support from the monsters. And such an elaborate plan is practically dooming yourself to failure anyhow.

slpowerhouse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Ok, so we should just vote A for link and this group of bombers and leave it at that. Plus link should be wearing the gerudo outfit and the gerudo mask.

Magma

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Based on what was said so far, i am changing my vote to just a direct assault on the enemies :) Lets kick some ass...

Lurker
Reputation score

Clothing: B
Action: A

She's Link for Goddess' sake! She's supposed to be the embodiment of the triforce of courage.

Twisted1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Alright, forget it, lol. Team up with the Bombers and blitzkrieg!

OP
K

Kathy

Lurker
Reputation score

(Update will be soon. Don't expect many fast updates to be the norm. Votes still accepted until update time though.)