What's new

Kingdom PbP Game

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score
So I'm thinking of running a kingdoms PbP game.

What this means, is the player will take the role of the leader of a tribe/kingdom/clan etc. of a fantasy setting race, and play a turn based, text base, kingdom management game.

It won't be a roleplaying heavy game, focusing more on the various decisions one makes to lead their people to greatness rather than spending long amounts of time roleplaying out making those decisions.

Each player will have their own entirely separate game, so one needent worry about other players inactivity/faggotry/whatever dragging you down.

So far this is just in the concept stage, but it won't be system heavy. That players shouldn't be required to do any dice math, although I will likely use numbers for things such as resources and soldiers etc.

There will be 3 leader classes to chose from (Warlord, Governor and Mystic) and a variety of different races which further highlights what the class actually means. An Elven warlord is different to an Orc warlord, and will be held in a different regard by their people etc.

Post if you're interested, or ask any questions you might have.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Kingdom PbP Game

Sounds interesting. Is the sky the limit in terms of races, or are you sticking to core fantasy? Also, does it necessarily have to be an entire race, or could it be a small faction trying to take over or something like that?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Intrest get :p

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

To keep down on stupid suggestions and people whining about how I'm doing their race wrong, I'll be providing the full list of available races, although it will be reasonably broad.

Confirmed so far are:

Humans, Elves, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Goblins, Undead, Vampires*, Werewolves

And unconfirmed are:

Wood Elves, Amazons, Lizardmen, Duergar(Dark Dwarf), Demons*

* Ruling class will be the listed race, the others another race, probably human.

And you won't be the entirety of a race. There will always be other factions who share the same race in existence, although how close these other factions are to you, or whether or not they even appear, isn't determined. There's a lot of possibilities for different scenarios based on what you start near.

And, of course, if an entire section of your population hate you, they may rebel and form their own kingdom.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sweet, sounds like fun. Already got the idea mill churning. I'm guessing it's not ero based?

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Not really. Without any real heavy RPing, there's not a lot of room for it to be.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cool. Count me in!

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds neat, you can colour me interested as well!

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Nagas, etc. should also be included.

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm curious, if you are allowing Lizard-Folk in, I could try a small tribe. :3

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Nagas, etc. should also be included.
Yeah, see, no. I have no defined concept in my mind on how an entire naga society would work, and don't see it being different enough from say, lizardfolk, that I want to actually try and make one.

Also, like ninja, I have this space . Will be adding things there soon.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Noticed this on the PbP. Please consider me interested, I like the idea.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'm interested in this as well.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Can you be an undead werewolf? Cuz I'd be on that shit in a second

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Can you be an undead werewolf? Cuz I'd be on that shit in a second
Erm. Technically, yes, as werewolf works like a template and is applied to other races; although I'm kinda reluctant to accept it. I could find a way to make it work, but oy vey...

I'm also kinda half assuming your post isn't seriously. But the above answer is in case of serious.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Can I call dibs on the amazon kingdom?

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Ehhh... can I sign up? And play dwarves? Maybe? Depending on what they're like?

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Signups aren't open yet, but I've been overwhelmed by the amount of interest in the game. I expected no more than maybe 2-3 people stating interest, so I'll have to consider a limit in how many games I have running at a time.

Check out the section in the PbP area for details on the races as they go up; hopefully I'll have the time and inclination to write up a lot more on the weekend, as the current pace isn't exactly rapid.