What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Well, there is that whole Sabbat thing. And then there was the guy that Raven and Izzy ran into. We sort of shuffled him into the background mostly because of what happened at the farmhouse. Was thinking about him whilst writing up the "end of the day" sort of stuff. So there's still stuff there. Plus, well, if someone is trying to go after the coterie (or even just Eve and Claire) then part of being in a coterie means (usually) having each other's backs. Personally, I'm okay with things as they are, so far. There's still plenty to do, it's just that, y'know, dead girls kind of trump trying to find loons running around in store-bought capes, heh.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Shouldn't it be sun rises?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Good catch, I'll just go fix that really quick.

EDIT: Yeah I see your point with prioritizing which plots you go after first. Perhaps I just need to take a deep breath and take a bigger look at things sometimes, I guess it's a bit of a double-edged sword so to speak. I make multiple plot hooks with the idea that you can't possibly handle everything in order to make the world seem more real, as in somethings will end up either solved by other kindred or become bigger problems. Than like the giant jackass I am I get frustrated that you don't go look into the cool plot I developed for this and that without remembering that was my intention. Does that make sense for what I was trying to convey?

Last edited:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So, can Chibi and I continue our conversation in chapter 2, or should we move it to the conversations thread?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah go ahead and move it over if you would, actually if you want I might even be able to move over the whole conversation so it's easier to figure out where you're at. I mostly made the thread because after I thought about it a little it made more sense to have the separate thread for the conversations, since there may be more fo them that come up in later chapters.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So, does Adam really doesn't know what a dog pound is, or did I use a false term for an animal shelter?

Also, what's a metis? All I get is a breed of werewolf, and that'd be unlikely.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Adam really doesn't understand what a dog pound is. He's old and doesn't quite understand things sometimes, especially when it comes to modern things and ideas.

Whoops forgot that was a werewolf term too, my bad. The Metis are aboriginal peoples of mixed descent in North America, in this case he is half-Cree and half-French Canadian.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I'm on vacation for a week. I was planning on making a post last night, but I fell asleep way too early. I still have a chance tonight, I'll give it a shot, but we'll see what happens. If not, river will head out to that meeting thing, yep.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah I know, I planned around needing River for anything right away. If you make a post I guess you can just have her show up for the Prince's court, and she can just sort of hang out there till you get back.

That meeting thing isn't right away, so you can't really go to that just yet. That's planned for next chapter.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's Crown Prosecutor in Alberta. Elsewhere in Canada it's a Crown Counsel or Crown Attorney.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah, figured either you or Shrike might know and would say what it was called. Thankee.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

No problemo.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

So is something wrong or are you guy's just trying to decide how to act?

Oh and is Shrike back or is she still on vacation, because if she's back I need to think up something for River to do.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I've not really been able to put anything proper down the past couple of days... so I didn't. I'll be able to do something soon.

Also, not sure about Shrike.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I didn't mean to sound so impatient, I just had today and tomorrow off so I was bored out of my freaking skull.

I'll just wait till she says she's back before worrying about River I guess.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's okay. We all have days like that.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Im back, just been sliding back into things here a bit more slowly. take your time with River, no worries. She isnt really a PC anyways, and i have a fair handful of other games to attend to.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah will do, almost glad actually since it's a little harder to make up random challenges for River.

Now quick question that occurred to moi, would chimerstry be able to fool a security camera? I know obfuscation doesn't work on cameras, but I'm not sure on chimerstry?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Might have to actually check the Ravnos book for that one. LotN doesn't say anything about it. Given, though, that it's an illusion and thus designed to confound the senses, I don't think a Chimerical construct would show up through a camera. That's just personal belief, mind you. You're the ST. You could always make your own decision regarding it.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well that's pretty much what I was thinking myself, I just wanted to double check what you and Shrike thought. As long as I take into account that no one can fool cameras I should be fine.