What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Sorry, it's the whole "Frost" and "Winters" thing. Actually seeing it is very groanworthy.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh I get it now after it's been explained to me and I sat thinking for ten minutes, yeah pretty close to bed time for me I think.

Yeah I was kind of leaning more towards mage myself. The main character most definitely reminds me of a mage dealing with an awakening. For some reason the bad guy's made me think of Trujah more than mages, not really sure why though. maybe it was just because tuning reminded me of temporis. Maybe it is really more like mage, not sure since I haven't read much on mage.

Still it was a pretty good movie even if you have no idea what a mage or a trujah is.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Dark City is a freaking awesome movie. My one friend loves it to death. And, well, back in OWoD, mages did get a Time sphere. Now *goes and checks* They still do, but they tend to run magic a little differently now. I'm not a Time mage, so I haven't been looking into the other spheres all that much. Yet.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sorry, it's the whole "Frost" and "Winters" thing. Actually seeing it is very groanworthy.
Oh... I never even thought of it.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah that was awesome, I slept in today, a whole 8 hours straight. Yes that is sleeping in for me.

Anyways maybe I just think of vampires first rather than mages because I know more about the former than I do the latter. I really don't know much about Mage beyond what I've learned with the Tremere after all.

Also time for me to make sure I have everyone correct and give out new experience. If you agree with what I have discipline and experience-wise say so and tell me how you spend said experience.

Eve - auspex (heightened senses), celerity (alacrity, swiftness), presence (awe, dread gaze) - 5 experience points.

Izzy - animalism (feral whispers), chimerstry (ignis fatuus, fata morgana), fortitude (endurance, mettle) - 6 experience points.

Claire - celerity (alacrity), obfuscation (cloak of shadows, unseen presence), protean (eyes of the beast, feral claws) - 6 experience points.

Fletch - celerity (alacrity), obfuscation (cloak of shadows), protean (eyes of the beast, feral claws, earth meld) - 3 experience points.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Correct. I think I'll keep the XP for now - Fletch may want to learn Animalism or Protean from Vincent if he can.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

From Vincent, or from River? ;)

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, Vincent owes him a minor boon - that'd be the logical choice.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I really want to split those points up, but I'm not sure how.

Cop, Shrike... whatchu think?

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

fair enough, not sure if vincent would know either of those, however, and teaching disciplines is usually major-blood level boons.

Dunno Chibs, not quite enough for two disciplines, even in-clan. Auspex is more useful than most people give it credit for though, especially if you feel you want to add an investigative bent to things. aside from that, your next level for the other two are both 6XP each, so those would have to wait. As for out of clan, take a look at the disciplines thread. if you see something you may want, ask River, chances are she has it, or at least knows who does. Of course spending any real time with her may get you shunned from polite company if it was discovered, so perhaps not ;)

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sorry Chibs, but Fletch does NOT live at the garage. I think I pointed it out before, but I'm not sure.
EDIT: Except if you were saying that you were pulling up into the parking lot of the apartment house, in which case you're free to disregard this post.

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Going to buy Protean level 3... if I can. If not then I'll save up.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, about all you'd be able to get would be aura perception (Level 1 auspex, leaving you with 2 xp left over) if you stuck to "in-clan" stuff. It is handy, though. Let's you see if other people are lying, hehehhe.

As for me, I think I'll be going with Resilience, level 2 Fortitude.

Learning Animalism or Protean from Vincent might be difficult, Rule, like Shrike said. You might be able to use your boon from him to find someone to *teach* you those, but given that you've got coterie-mates that already know them, might want to save the Scourge-boon.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Sorry Chibs, but Fletch does NOT live at the garage. I think I pointed it out before, but I'm not sure.
EDIT: Except if you were saying that you were pulling up into the parking lot of the apartment house, in which case you're free to disregard this post.
-cough- yes, that's exactly what i was sayinng

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Like the others said with 5 XP, Eve could get either auspex 2 (aura reading) for 3 XP, or she could start learning something out of clan for 4 XP. Also as was pointed out she could ask either River or Alexander (In Eve's case her sire may be better as Shrike pointed out) who she could learn it from.

Check on both Claire and Izzy.

Check that Fletch is saving his XP, but like the others said it may be wiser to save the scourge boon for something else and have River or another coterie-mate teach you animalism. Protean, which you already know so I'm not sure why you would try to learn it, is a rarer discipline so it would require a major boon.

Anyways now I shall stop procrastinating my vacation away and post the next chapter. Wish me luck.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I think I'll get Aura reading and save the rest of my xp for when i have enough to get the next Celerity/Presence

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I meant Potence -___- sorry.

EDIT: I don't actually know if blood ingested that way works for ghouls, but neither does Fletch.

Last edited:

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Check auspex it is.

Ah potence that makes a lot more sense. I was actually more worried that I was reading the wrong thing for some reason. That should work for feeding blood to a ghoul, I'm pretty sure I read of mixing it with wine somewhere.

EDIT: Also I suck at this not procrastinating thing, so I'm going to try reverse psychology this time and say I'm never going to post.

Yeah that reverse psychology thing doesn't work apparently.

So anyways are any of you the least bit interested in any of the plots I've put forth so far? Any comments or concerns game wise? Do you have any suggestions to make it more interesting to yourself. Because I would really like to hear them, maybe something will spark an idea in my senile old brain.

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I am liking this idea of someone trying to frame Claire and Eve. Claire certainly hasn't made any friends. I was honestly wondering for a bit if someone in the Camarilla was trying to bump her off just because she's a nuisance.

I personally wouldn't mind some more opportunities for Claire to try and distance herself from the political system of the Camarilla in the area, which would more than likely just dig herself deeper into trouble, and possibly lead to some tension between her and the others in the coterie.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well I figured you would be interested in the frame-job since it's obviously aimed at the coterie. I was more wondering about any of the other plots I've thrown out there. I have planted seeds for a lot of possible plots, it just seems that no one is going after them. I don't know maybe I'm being too subtle when I introduce things. I don't like to railroad but I'm starting to feel like I'm just spinning my tires without going anywhere.

Politics-wise Claire actually is on the edge right now but I could probably get her further away from it with some work. A lot of it doesn't have to necessarily be about politics the way your approaching it now either. Try and focus more on how Claire would view things independence-wise. For example the whole thing with Jack and him wanting a boon to cover things up. If you had said no you would probably be deeper in politics. By making that small sacrifice you have the freedom to deal with the problem outside of the Camarilla on your terms. Now it might cause problems with the coterie it might not. Just because everyone wants the same thing doesn't mean they can't find a different motivation to do it, and a different motivation doesn't mean you can't work together to accomplish something.