What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Well, as far as a challenge for River goes, anything non-combat is usually difficult for her, doubly so if it's kine that she has to preserve the masquerade from. I remember one time She almost got mugged by a gangbanger, for example. That's about when she decided to try and make sure all the street thugs knew not to mess with her. Still hasn't worked 100% and my LARP chronicle is over at the next game, but there ya go. Social and investigation stuff mostly, though getting into and out of places usually isnt much of a challenge, people leave upstairs windows open all the time, ya know? ;D

Hope that helps somewhat!

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Innisfail is a large town about a half hour south of Red Deer. Dunno what Kemp House is, never heard of it. Good luck!

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Like Shrike said Innisfail is a large town to the south of Red Deer, Penhold which I also just mentioned is sort of between the other two and if you don't remember that is where she was attacked. Kemp House I just made up last week, so you 'll have to figure that part out in game.

I figure Claire as a former constable probably has a good idea where nearby towns are. Ronny is pretty new to the area so he has no clue about such things. Going by character sheets and what I remember the rest of us probably don't the area too well either. Unless we're talking Red Deer itself that is. Make sense?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm for that. Izzy's an on-campus student and she's only a sophomore (if I remember correctly). She'd know towns, likely, between Red Deer and her hometown, but I see her as being a little more westward than southward, so it works.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I think you and Shrike decided on Lacombe area long long ago (as in while we were doing the prologues), which is northwards so it still works.

I also figure it's safe that we all know that Oil Town (Edmonton) is north and Cow town (Calgary) is south. You might not know exactly where they are but you know that Red Deer is pretty much the halfway point.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Edminton and calgary loops around red deer along the west side, one set of lights away from the college. So yeah, that's fairly easy. Most everyone in alberta knows to use highway 2 to get to the biggest cities around, at least.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, I'm not too familiar with the Red Deer area, however if Innisfail is a small town, they may get help from the Red Deer detachment... who knows, but they'd still be RCMP so Claire would know of it.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well all my knowledge of the Red Deer area is either from Shrike or just stuff I found on a quick google search. I'll try to explain out of character if I think you should know something, but if I forget just remind me.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Same here, my only experience with Alberta is Wainwright... and that place was a fucking shit hole. For multiple reasons I hate that place.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah sorry about the lack of posting but I really have no motivation to do it right now. If Shrike wants to take back over or if someone else does that's fine but I won't be even be playing. Sorry, maybe I'll feel more like playing or running the game after a break but I wouldn't count on it.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Someone will take over soon enough. I think a lot of people are busy settling back into school schedules at the moment.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

No worries, Ronny. We all go through the slumps now and again, especially when we're running. If you need a break, I'm pretty sure we can deal with it.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

If I give a big pouty face can we have an update?

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Unfortunately, I think not, sorry Chibs. I still have nowhere near the spare mental ability to pick this up again, and Ronny's now running a dark ages game. Check out 'Own the Night' over there, it's pretty nifty. I'd link it, but that's a pain on my cell, and I am lazy. Good to hear from ya!

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

What if i pulled the "I almost died!" card?

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, then you get my support when you try and convice Ronny that Eve has travelled backwards through time?

I don't know what to tell you, although nothing so bad has happened to me, my life is in the gutter nearly as far, and I just can't dredge up the enthusiasm to do much more than continue what I've been doing. Sorry Chibs. :(

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm immune to pouty face, thanks to my nieces. The "almost died" card almost worked but I simply have no motivation for this particular game at all. Sorry.

Incidentally is it just me or are there less threads in here than there used to be. I'm wondering if I'm crazy or something somehow disappeared?

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

no idea. But if there's nothing going for this... just have Nu trash it.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Nah, I think it's all here.

In other news, Copp has me half convinced that I should take up the mantle once more myself. I don't know when I'll have the time to sit down and sort it all out again, though...

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

you should. D: This is one of the few RPs I've been in that i enjoy the heck out of.