What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Yes I did get holiday pay, though I'm still not sure it was worth it. Talk about a busy week you wouldn't think DNR would have as much to do with Thanksgiving and black Friday, but apparently it's a peak hunting period.

Yeah I guess that does make sense, in regards to the Sabbat/Camarilla. Not that I have a huge problem with the way they did it anyways. Really very few problems at all with any of the storytelling system. Accept for dice pools in the tabletop, since I freaking hate rolling dice. Darn it how come whenever there is an offer of brownie points, I seem to have no clue.

That actually sounds like it would be an interesting prelude idea for Sabbat types. Especially a Lasombra or Gangrel, it fits in well with their Darwinist ideals.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Ok, I put this last part in as a joke just for Ronny... but hey, she's high as fuck on heroin.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

That is one dedicated jogger. Sheesh.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh, Fletch can be a ninja. You just need to keep out of sight. Either that, or give the poor guy a heart attack when bloody you comes out of the rain being chased by bloody Fletch...

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm thinking he'll be attacked by a werewolf just as Fletch is about to pounce on him out of the Cloak.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I think he may be a were.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey it makes sense to me, I would imagine heroin could do some weird stuff to people and kindred alike.

He could just be a really dedicated jogger that I just randomly threw in because I wasn't expecting Fletch to spend a blood point on claws. Or maybe he is a lupine, though you'd better hope not because the weakest Garou in the area could pretty much kill any of us without breaking a sweat. I guess we'll just have to find out won't we.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

How big do they get anyway? There's one in bloodlines that is fucking enormous. Like, elephant-sized.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well it depends on which form they're in at the time. Homid form they would look exactly like a human, Glabro I'm not sure, Crinos they essentially become 9 foot tall weapons of mass destruction, Hispo would be the size of a prehistoric dire-wolf, and Lupus would be the size of a normal wolf. In short they can get very big and nasty, and one could and probably would kill the whole coterie if we were stupid enough to attack it.

Oh Sinful you're silly, if you wanted a derangement why didn't you say so. How does bulimia sound?

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't want to act this way forever... I'm just trying act fucked up on drugs. Like I said, I'm fumbling in the dark here.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I know I'm just messing with you. I would never just randomly give someone a derangement, especially something as serious as bulimia. I'm hardly an expert on drug use myself, unless it's alcohol. Anyways let me what I can find out to help you out.

If you've seen Pulp Fiction, John Travolta's character uses heroin in the movie. Typical first time effects of using heroin are euphoria or a dream-like state, dizziness, and feeling like your body is heavy and can't move. Also keep in mind that drugs would probably have less effect on kindred, than on humans.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Well it depends on which form they're in at the time. Homid form they would look exactly like a human, Glabro I'm not sure, Crinos they essentially become 9 foot tall weapons of mass destruction, Hispo would be the size of a prehistoric dire-wolf, and Lupus would be the size of a normal wolf. In short they can get very big and nasty, and one could and probably would kill the whole coterie if we were stupid enough to attack it.

Oh Sinful you're silly, if you wanted a derangement why didn't you say so. How does bulimia sound?
Glabro is what one would consider the typical "wolf man" of legend. Not quite human, not quite full blown upright puppy, but I think they gain about a foot off of their homid form at the very least. And the one in bloodlines that was the size of an elephant was probably in Crinos form. And yes, attacking one would be very very bad, especially for neonate vampires.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah so that's what Glabros is, I figured someone else (most likely Copper) would know.

Now that actually makes me think up a question. If the Garou was born as a human can they shift to all those forms after their first change, or do they only get the more humanoid forms leaving the actual wolf forms to those who were born as wolves?

Boy I hope that made sense, why did you make the garou so confusing to me White-wolf, why.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Nope. A garou usually realizes that they are a garou when they go through their first change, which is usually to shift into the opposite form (human to wolf, wolf to human). Once a Garou undergoes their first change, they've got access to all the forms on the chart, regardless of how they start out.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah, okey dokey then.

You know I would probably find the lupines much less confusing if it wasn't all those goofy Garou terms they use.

Woohoo two posts in one day, we're so close to ending this long ass night I can taste it. Now to just prep that army of murderous red caps. (As if there is another type of redcap)

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh, they probably think the same way about us Kindred.

I wouldn't say some of the redcaps I've read about are murderous, but they enjoy a good spot of violence. A lot. Gods, redcaps. I haven't thought about Jack in ages...I miss my brawly boy.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm sure they do since a lot of the kindred terms are just as goofy. I just seem to have trouble remembering the Garou stuff more compared to all the others.

Really because everything I've read about Redcaps sounds murderous, though maybe violent is a better term.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Do enlighten me - what is a redcap?